Fixed Internally Breath of Harmony clicky doesn't stack with Shaman focus line spells

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Sythrak20, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Ishbu Augur

We need a fix on this already, it affects many bard clickies.

For example the flute of flowing waters that has Winds of Marr on it, the clicky overwrites the clarity line of spells in your buff bar instead of stacking as a song like Winds of Marr should.

Bard clicky songs should be songs, just fix it back already, its been months since this was broken.
    Sythrak20 likes this.
  2. Sythrak20 Elder

Bump, been several months now. Is this considered intended or not so we can stop pestering you about it.
    Fenthen likes this.
  3. Forum_Quester New Member

I find it frustrating that this is still marked as "QA in progress". This is a 100% repeatable bug which can be confirmed in two minutes. I've offered to do it in the bug reports I submitted, with no response. I've opened a customer service ticket to offer to show them the fault, only to be told to /bug it and then get the automated "how did we do?" follow-up.

Maybe they need an Ignore tag for these issues just so we know that they are overwhelmed and aren't looking to address it. I've worked in overtasked jobs before, so I wouldn't fault them for it
    Fenthen likes this.
  4. Fenthen aka Rath

Coding is hard when you don't have devs!
  5. Vedian Lorekeeper

Nine months now without a fix for an issue caused by a change that was 100% unnecessary in the first place. If this isn't going to get fixed could you at least just revert the change back to the original clicky songs for all of these bard items? Everyone has probably forgotten by now that this change came at the same time as the change to clicky agro. I'm sure most would agree was never an issue from bard clickies considering they generated virtually zero agro to begin with, and did nothing to supplement a bard's general inability to generate agro otherwise. This was a solution to a non-existent problem.

Lute of the Flowing Waters used to check stacking against songs (e.g. Wind of Marr song). Now it checks stacking against SPELLS like Voice of Quellious.

Breath of Harmony used to check stacking against songs (e.g. Niv's Melody of Preservation song). Now it checks stacking against SPELLS like Focus of the Seventh.

The problem is very simple.

Previously:
    Clicky song checks for stacking issues against other songs, overwrites songs, lands as a song

Currently:
    Clicky song checks for stacking issues against SPELLS, overwrites SPELLS, lands as a song

Please fix this or just change it back.
    Zanarnar and Nenton like this.
  6. niente Developer

This was caused by a weird spell issue with bards where if a spell does not have a bard casting level, it is not considered a "bard spell" and follows different stacking rules. The new item clicky spells that were added in the January 2021 patch included 3 bard song clickies:
    • Item Benefit: Niv's Melody of Preservation
    • Item Benefit: Wind of Marr
    • Item Benefit: Doben's Spry Sonata Rk. II
    I've made a ticket for design to take a look but there is no ETA on a fix at this time.
    Tropi and Wulfhere like this.
  7. Zapsos Augur

What about the issue that bard clickies, even the one's that work as expected not applying any instrument mods, making many of them useless.