Disappointed

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sissruukk, Dec 7, 2021.

1. Sissruukk Rogue One

I am still disappointed that the Shadow Sword Ornament is only claimed once instead of being 999. This will continue to sit in my claim window, all alone, by itself, without a matching partner.
    Veteran_BetaTester likes this.
  2. Benito EQ player since 2001.

The ornament is heirloom and you can cycle (change) the ornament at any time.

It is still appealing for an alt that uses a 2-hander, shield, or bow if there are concerns about matching. As a rogue, you can even select the bow. There are no blunt, slashing, or piercing restrictions.

Would I like 999 myself? Yup, but I heard a 2nd shadow ornament was the Beta reward.
  3. Bluecap Journeyman

Where do I get this? Brand new still in the tutorial cave.

Thank you
  4. Deniedx New Member

Use /claim to see what rewards are waiting for you, if any!
    Bluecap likes this.
  5. Sissruukk Rogue One

I don't use a bow, and I don't play an alt on the account, so it will go unused. If, in fact, the beta reward is a second shadow weapon, then I will use it. But it does no good for those out there that like matching sets of weapons but were unable to participate in beta.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  6. Gialana Augur

The specific ornament they're talking about is the pre-order bonus for the expansion that launched yesterday (Dec. 7, 2021 noon PST). Anyone who ordered the newest expansion before that time should have the ornament in their claim. Anyone who ordered after or still hasn't ordered shouldn't get the ornament.

There may be other things in your /claim, too. If you feel like it, you can do an internet search for something you see in your claim window. I think there's at least one thing that is claimable only once per character but gives different gear rewards based on the characters level.
  7. Corydon Augur

They should have made it two claims (at least) because I like symmetrical dual wielding. Indeed a huge disappointment!
  8. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Not cool, very not cool.
  9. FrozenWater Augur

Adding my name to the list of disappointment. I mean really, they're free digital doodads, and I paid $139.99 for the premium edition, and you're like ... no, no you can only have 1 pixels, not 2 pixels, and definitely not 999 pixels. Yes yes, almost all players use two or more weapons/shields. But no, you get 1.
  10. uberkingkong Augur

Limitations can make things more valuable
  11. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Or in this case less valuable.
  12. NinjutsuMMO Augur

This topic had several threads created and many replies from members with zero GM feedback while in beta and is unlikely to change…

I also wish we got at least 2 but we didn’t…

They didn’t offer much incentive this expansion for people to pre order and many people who are not competitive or caught up to TOL will buy the expansion when on discount…

There is also a large player base that does early content TLP servers that may have ordered pre order for some fluff items if they deemed it rewarding…

Daybreak seems to cater to live > tlp
  13. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

If you really believe this you are legit smoking ALL the crack.
    Winnowyl, Elyssanda, Shindius and 5 others like this.
  14. Bluecap Journeyman

Thank you Deniedx.
  15. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

I read, thank you Daniel!
    Started thinking Da*n Daniel!

flashbacks!
  16. Bobokin Augur

Well, only good for Zerkers, Knights, and Casters ... for players that want to balance.
  17. Corydon Augur

Knights have shields, too...
  18. Sobmre Augur

Who is not disappointed in the reward is the real question. im sick of ornaments and the useless key ring for them. BTW the key ring should at least be one slot per hero set not by each piece.
    Shindius and Yinla like this.
  19. bobbin Elder

They're ugly anyway so it's not an issue for me.
  20. Bobokin Augur

You can put a complete hero set in each slot. The problem is you have to use a one-time-use consolidator to make suits. The consolidator should be a one time purchase for each character - not for each use.

EQ2 does it MUCH better with the wardrobe.