Change beta to live

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ryhme, Dec 7, 2021.

1. Ryhme Lorekeeper

How do I change from beta to live without reinstalling everything?
    I only get as option the beta server and not live server to rechange it to the old config. In which parts of the ini-files is it possible to switch or which files do I need to delete to force updating as live. I have deleted all exe-files and changed eqplayer.ini but nothing works.
    Help appreciated, thanks.
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

Use the download the game link:
    https://www.everquest.com/register

Copy your beta folder and rename it to something else, then rename your character ini files to your live server name, then install EQSetup over that folder it won't re-download anything just replace beta Launchpad with live. Once Launchpad starts up it'll just run a file verification and download what got pushed to live.
  3. Angahran Augur

To make things easier next time, it's much better to keep a separate live and beta (and test) installation instead of overwriting.
    I have EverQuest, EverTest and BetaQuest folders.
    Winnowyl, klanderso and Shindius like this.
  4. Mluian Journeyman

Beta has the 64 bit client now and live still has the 32 bit one, unsure if that complicates this at all though.
  5. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

I just tried to uninstall BETA and it wouldn't let me. (via windows)
    then found the uninstaller in the BETA EQ folder that gave me the same error.

win 10.

Microsoft Visual C+ + Runtime Library.
    Runtime Error!

Program
    C:\Users\myname\AppData\Local\Temp\Unstaller-1-424.exe

The application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way.
    Please contact the application's support team for more information.
  6. Soulbanshee Augur

You really don't need to uninstall EQ, it's only a registry entry for Programs and Features, and a start menu shortcut. Uninstallation I'm pretty sure leaves all the files in the install folder.

If you want it gone without totally deleting the folder, either move the beta folder or rename it, then when you click uninstall from Programs and Features it'll tell you it can't find it would you like to remove the entry, click Yes. Then manually delete the launcher shortcut from start menu. If you don't want to keep beta at all delete the beta install folder and follow above to clear out the Programs and Features and start menu shortcut.
    Veteran_BetaTester likes this.