Fixed Internally Taromani's Blessing Achievement - Unobtainable and Irrelevant?

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Machen, Dec 7, 2021.

1. Machen New Member

It appears there is a new key achievement associated with Omens of War progression (listed under both General --> Keys, and Omens of War --> Progression):

Taromani's Blessing: This key unlocks the entrance to Anguish, the Fallen Palace.

This key was not granted to people who have previously completed Taromani's Protection (Group) and Seal: Mastery of All (Raid), which are needed to access Anguish. I also spoke with someone who had just finished completing Taromani's Protection (Group) after the patch, and they were not given Taromani's Blessing.

I confirmed that I can still request and zone into anguish without this key/achievement, so it seems this achievement is useless, irrelevant, and probably unobtainable.
    ThatGuyAgain, Knifen, Barton and 15 others like this.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Logged on my old character who completed OOW years ago and she has both achievements for Keys and OOW sections showing finished, checked off and in blue.

She got no announcements of any keys given to her.

Logged on a Heroic character I have and he was given announcements of keys, Deathnell and Alast's but no OOW key.

Heroic's are given most of the OOW AA when they are created/upgraded.

Others are logging in and I see a lot of key announcements and they are all for keys the both the old character and the other one already have but did not get any announcements at all when we logged in

Some are checked off as done in ach keys and some are not

I think it is not working correctly at all. Very hit and miss.

For sure a bug, throwing a like on first post to get the dev's attention.
  3. Jogath Journeyman

Confirmed, achievement not granted for my character on Mangler. This character was flagged for Anguish in era, and definitely had full flagging done for OOW.
  4. Thunderkiks Augur

Prathun had removed stuff for this, the 7th key from the MPG raids, back in September patch of 2017. So this may be the reason why that achievement isn't being awarded anymore.
    Mukkul, Knifen and Machen like this.
  5. Penelo Lorekeeper

I believe and don't quote me on this, back in the day there was a key to request Anguish. I thought it was raid trials to flag. Signets to not-insta die. Group trials to receive the key to request. Something like that. They removed the key years back. I'm sure they'll update/remove the AA at some point.
    Knifen likes this.
  6. Paladin Augur

7. cygnet Journeyman

I received this as completed on 12/7.
  8. sieger Augur

There was never actually a mechanic in which you instantly died zoning into Anguish, that is one of the single most persistent "false myths" in EQ game history. You've always needed to have completed the MPG Raid Trials + the Signet Collection for Taromani in order to get flagged to enter Anguish.

You could enter Anguish if you only had Taromani's protection, but you would be considered unflagged--that meant you could not loot items and the 85/15 rule applied in that only so many such people could zone in. When you defeat an Anguish boss, they would drop a backflag item you could give to an unflagged person, when they looted it, it would basically disappear from existence right as they looted it, and give them backflags for the MPG trials so they never had to do them. The signets however, could not be bypasses in-era, only much later when Anguish is open to everyone based on character level can the signets be bypassed.

Now where did the myth about being insta-gibbed in Anguish come from? From the actual lore of the expansion! Taromani claims that if you don't get his protection, discordant energies or some such would rip you to shreds or something immediately upon entering the citadel. This was always just flavor text lore wording that meant: no signets, no zoning in.
    Fenthen, Mukkul and Nennius like this.
  9. Cadbane Journeyman

I am trying to finish up my key achievements. Is there any plan to fix this. I have it on older toons who did it back in the day, but can not get on my new Main toon.
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  10. Thunderkiks Augur

My only missing one and I'd like to have it fixed as well.
    Knifen likes this.
  11. Knifen Augur

Same
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  12. ThatGuyAgain New Member

Looks like this has been posted on recently, just here to confirm that this /ach is fully "unobtainable"?
    Thunderkiks and Knifen like this.
  13. Paladin Augur

I got and have credit for it.
  14. Knifen Augur

I think its unobtainable for those that never did the original MPG raids for the hidden flag. If you were around when that was current and did those events you shouldn't be bugged. Not 100% sure what flag/event it was but at some point it was pulled out of the game and broke this ach.
  15. Paladin Augur

I have said before what I think these seemingly related Achievements are for... but others insisted it was not so. Yet, I have credit for this Achievement. /shrug
  16. Thunderkiks Augur

17. Paladin Augur

18. Thunderkiks Augur

The way to obtain it, not the achievement.
    There is no way possible for people to get this achievement now. If you have it checked it was from prior to 2017. Look at your achievement dates. It probably says 12-07-21 when launch day was for ToL, or what ever the first day was you logged in.
  19. Paladin Augur

You are correct on the date.
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  20. ThatGuyAgain New Member

Yep, still there.