Fixed Ring of Scale AAs Not Being Auto-Granted

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Fanra, Dec 7, 2021.

1. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Upon release of Terror of Luclin the Ring of Scale AAs were supposed to be auto-granted. They have not been.

Thank you.
  2. artery New Member

Would appreciate some feedback from daybreak here. Is this intended, or a bug? If this is a bug and AA are auto-granted soon, I'd like a refund for the RoS AA I've purchased in the meantime. If this is not a bug, I don't think it is unreasonable to expect this to be explained in patch notes or another announcement.

Meanwhile, holding off on spending any more AAs...
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Where was the announcement that they would be granted?

Or is this one of those things like "well in the past they did it" (see 50% discount on expansions no longer given in November for example)

And no you don't get any refunds for AA unless they do a shuffle. Buyer beware.

I think it will happen in Feb.
    Fenthen likes this.
  4. Sup Rog Elder

They did say it and it HAS happened with every expansion. Luckily, I didn't go gold on my other accounts yet.

All EverQuest Gold members will be auto-granted all Alternate Abilities up to four expansions behind the current expansion
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

But that is my point. "Has Happened" and IS happening are 2 different things.

Things could have changed since that quote from years ago - Feb 5, 2014All EverQuest Gold members will be auto-granted all Alternate Abilities up to four expansions behind the current expansion.
    https://everquest.allakhazam.com/story.html?story=33778

It would be great if it was included but why is everyone all kinetic over not getting it yet? Its ok, calm down. It will happen when it happens.

Ps usually helps to put in the link for whatever we quote cause anything can be typed in .
  6. artery New Member

Nobody is getting kinetic here, CatsPaws, except you.
    Mukkul likes this.
  7. Sup Rog Elder

We just want to know why suddenly, with this expansion, we don't get the autogrant AA, from expansions 4 back, that they said they would do that with every expansion going forward and have so far. If they aren't going to do it, at least tell us what the plan is and why it changed.
    Regina_Cazic likes this.
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Respect your elders newbie. :D
  9. Riou EQResource

The Devs who probably implement this are like a month behind schedule
  10. Sup Rog Elder

Well you would think it would be kinda easy to turn on. At least let us know what the reason is.
    artery likes this.
  11. Riou EQResource

It's EQ using like 25 year old code still in places, nothing is easy :p
    Shindius and Fanra like this.
  12. Trevor Elder

Regardless of the answer, this really does need a response
    Porm, Tatanka and StinkyVetWarrior like this.
  13. Porm Journeyman

It has been a few days for this to be seen. I am sure by now the Devs have seen the thread and could have said something one way or the other by now.
  14. Soulbanshee Augur

Or you know, they are busy chasing down ToL release bugs the last 2 days to comment on a non game breaking mechanic that may need an internal design discussion.
    Nennius and Thunderkiks like this.
  15. Trevor Elder

idk what the point of this position is since we'd know for sure if they said so

it may not affect you but this is a time sensitive issue since it deals with subscriptions
    artery and Thunderkiks like this.
  16. Yteran Lorekeeper

Fanra, thanks for running your website.

Regarding the auto-grant AAs, where was it said - officially - that they would autogrant RoS AAs on the release of ToL? An official post from 2014 is hardly evidence of a standard...seven years later.

For those of you who already subbed for auto grant in preparation of this launch...without official word from daybreak...I'm sorry but that is your own mistake.

If they do say 'oopsie' and fix it in a few days, a couple weeks, whatever; that sucks for all of us with running subs, but it is what it is
  17. Numiko Augur

It's been the rule in the 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020 expansion as well... so it was not just from 2014.

Its also in the official rules for TLP servers, AAs 4 expansions back will be auto granted. Don't see why they would change that all of a sudden.
    artery and Shindius like this.
  18. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Can I point to a quote from SOE/Daybreak/Darkpaw saying they would always do this? No, I can't find one.

However, this is the history beginning February 19, 2014: All AA abilities up to and including level 85 and those up to:
    With the exception of tradeskill AAs and a few others.

When you do something for so many years, it becomes expected. If there is an intentional change, some comment about it would be appreciated. If it was an oversight soon to be corrected, a comment would also be appreciated.
    Fenthen, Raccoo, artery and 5 others like this.
  19. Numiko Augur

Well in a positive note at least they have not marked this thread as "Not a Bug"
  20. Barton The Mischievous

I believe Accendo said it was being investigated in discord let me see if i can find that and paste it. What that means, who knows

Bjornulfe — 12/08/2021
    @Accendo has there been any internal word on the bug filed for RoS auto-grant listed under the bugs forum?

Accendo — 12/08/2021
    It's being investigated.

artery, Thunderkiks and Micker like this.