ToL Mission strategy

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Qimble, Dec 7, 2021.

1. Qimble Augur

Did a quick run, looks like 337m HP over 288s when we broke off to kill the healing adds. (banes not counted) With us baning all the exploding adds to death, looks like the boss was putting out less than 40k DPS to me.
    Alnitak likes this.
  2. Sissruukk Rogue One

Shei Vinitras - the alien mobs were spawning, not attackable at first, then went on a rampage hitting for up to 130K a hit before they exploded.
  3. Velisaris_MS Augur

Thanks!
  4. Qimble Augur

They are non-aggro for the first ~10 seconds after spawn but you can still bane them to death during that time. They do absolutely crush if you let them live to where they start swinging. And even if your tank picks them up, when they explode it's gonna be 50-70% of your whole groups HP.

The 4 group missions combined will get you from 115 + 99% to around 10% into 117 for anyone wondering.

And if anyone understand how to avoid the DA in the Oubliette mission I'd appreciate if you'd post it here or DM me. We burn through that boss so it doesn't hit us too many times but it does seem like it'll be annoying when trying to take low DPS groups through to help them get acheives / completions.
    Alnitak likes this.
  5. Sissruukk Rogue One

1 117 warrior, 2 116 rogues, 1 116 ranger, 1 116 druid, 1 116 chanter, we were able to complete it. The chanter had a hotbutton to target the aliens and mezzed/baned them immediately. Thanks for the heads up on it.
  6. FranktheBank Augur

How the hell do you turn gargoyles into stone in the Aten Ha Ra mission?
  7. Thunderkiks Augur

Mez them
  8. FranktheBank Augur

Who the hell mezzes stuff. Sigh.
  9. Zarkdon Augur

Enchanters?
  10. FranktheBank Augur

Sir. Ask our enchanters how many times I have intentionally broken mezzes in group content.
    Fenthen likes this.
  11. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

I exclusively load the ae agro spells that have damage components :) RIP enchanters/bards.
    MA PARSE!!!!
    FranktheBank likes this.
  12. Angahran Augur

Feel free to do the missions and write up your experiences.
    Duder likes this.
  13. Poem New Member

Shei Is by far the "zlandicar" of ToL. a well geared group can completely ignore every mechanic and full burn shei from start to finish in about 2 minutes. fastest time ive seen was 70 seconds. all you need to do is make sure the spawned mobs are rooted, stunned, or mezzed within the first 10 seconds of them popping, and full burn boss.

Shei Cures: The cures can be one of 4 cure types, (green numbers = poison cure, red numbers = curse, white = radiant cure, yellow = disease, orange = corruption.) It can be different every time it's cast, and it can also proc twice on you after curing once.

Aten Ha RA: there isnt much worth mentioning here, no real wipe mechanics here.

For Obliette: It's worth noting that the first mini "fade" will DA half your group every 30 seconds and RNG can really be your enemy hear, roll the dice or bring yourself two healers, this is usually where most groups wipe because the healer is silenced for 35 seconds. this is the hardest mission purely based on RNG.

Close the gate: while boring and easy, with no mechanics, this has RP that makes the mission last about 15 minutes, and multiple mobs at the same time which can be tedious for less geared tanks.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask. I've done these multiple times from a shaman point of view.
  14. Alnitak Augur

Can you provide a bit of details on adds ? Do they spawn after the trigger or with delay? Do they take time to get close or are they in combat immediately? (Zladicar, Grilkor, Cactiki - adds spawn with a delay, which allows ignoring them completely and just burn the boss)
    Can , say , a 6+ mln group dps burn just kill Shei in 1 minute and ignore the adds altogether or is CC madatory?
    I'm gonna try it tonight after work.
  15. Poem New Member

Yes the CC is mandatory Shei locks her hp at 2% if you do not despawn the (alien) adds, they will also blow your group too the moon and back if you leave them up. you can however ignore the healers (akhevan mob types)
    Thunderkiks, Qimble and Velisaris_MS like this.
  16. Poem New Member

Thunderkiks and Qimble like this.
  17. Qimble Augur

I for one love it! More information is better, I only did the Beta this time around and wrote this up because I was so annoyed that there was little information available for CoV missions for a while after launch.
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  18. Qimble Augur

Tried for a while to figure out how to get the Underwhelming Shadows achievement on close the gate, could not figure it out. Log searches didn't appear to reveal the spell ever being cast, so either it's bugged or it has a weird message when it hits the log.

The rest of them are fairly straightforward (with the exception of mezzing the gargoyles, thanks @thunderkiks) to figure out and do if everyone understands the mechanics.
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  19. Derresh Augur

currently you have to fail the pli liako emote to get this achievement, id imagine they will fix it to be something else later but for now once at Pli Liako, let him summon the aura and fail it then finish mission.

Once you get the message saying you failed incomplete shadow achievement, that means you were successful at getting the achievement. Lol
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  20. Szilent Augur

six raid geared players? really?