How are you prepping for the new expansion?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Elemental, Dec 1, 2021.

1. Velisaris_MS Augur

I'm banking as many Research Overseer tasks I can and hoarding as many collection dispensers I can, all for the xp.

However, I rarely do anything with my toons on an expansion launch day because, let's face it, there will be crashes and there will be rollbacks. And even if it's stable, all the zones are going to be crowded and laggy as people race to complete content on the first day and hit max level.

I usually just run my rogue around the new zones, learning the layout, collecting shinies, and figuring out where the see invis and see-SoS mobs are.
    Wdor likes this.
  2. Elemental Augur

3 more days are your bodies ready? Going to make a nice pvp video in the new expansion
  3. Qelil Augur

I'll be playing some low level alt until the smoke clears assuming the server is up and if it isn't I will be playing my guitar until it is I guess.
  4. Wdor Thief, Assassin, Purveyor of Fine Poisons

Fantastic, sensible idea.
  5. Warpeace Augur

Something is off here, I'm not seeing Booze runs listed.
    Bobokin and Fenthen like this.
  6. Fenthen aka Rath

I am staying out of the new zones for the first week - raids won't start up until January, so there's plenty of time to level up to 120. I can hardly wait to see how +5 levels begins to trivialize some of the already-easy CoV raiding we do.
  7. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Some of us are too old to drink much. Or run, for that matter ;)
    Wdor and Metanis like this.
  8. MmmmBop Wise Troll

1. Banking overseer quests and planning to cycle through them at every opportunity.

2. Banking collection items to click and level up.

3. Making sure to get logged in early every day to ensure I can get into each general channel (in case the server drops and forces me out of the game without my knowledge).

4. Making hotkeys for each general channel that say "Down on his luck, 116 Ranger looking for a spare task add, anything helps. I wish I could contribute to a group, but my arthritis has really kicked in this winter" and setting an automated timer to broadcast this message every 20 minutes.

5. Making a hotkey that says "Me PLZ!" that is set to automatically send a tell to anyone who broadcasts an open task add.

6. Creating an automated script that accepts task adds when they are offered to me (in case I am not at my keyboard at that very moment).

7. Making a hotkey that says "Thank you for that task add and bless your soul. Your generosity has blessed my holiday season in ways you cannot imagine and I pray for your continued success. God bless you!" to go out to anyone who gives me a task add.

Using this strategy, I plan to hit level 120 by the middle of January without having left the guild lobby.
  9. Nennius Curmudgeon

You might want to avoid using the term automatically in your description of this.

AFK play is a bannable offense. And I fully realize the low likelihood of being caught at it.
    Wdor likes this.
  10. Tucoh Augur

This is genius.

[IMG]
  11. MmmmBop Wise Troll

Ahh... but is it a bannable offense to joke about it on these forums? If so, I might actually get in trouble ;)
    Nennius likes this.
  12. uberkingkong Augur

Is there any popular streamer that everyone will be watching when ToL goes live? I'll be keeping an eye out on Twitch for any live server streamers streaming ToL.
  13. Herf Augur

By not buying it. Just like I've not bought the past few expats.
  14. Gorg00 Augur

First you spend a month eating super clean, drink only water, chicken and rice, etc. That way when you load your body full of sugar and caffeine on launch day, you get a much stronger reaction, and you can no life/no sleep it for 4 or 5 days.
    Metanis and Wdor like this.
  15. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Rangers or Bards don't worry :)

You had me at ' poop '

That is when I laughed and liked your post!
  16. Windance Augur

I prepare by ...

hiding the credit card bill from my wife ...
  17. Wdor Thief, Assassin, Purveyor of Fine Poisons

Another in a long list of reasons I never married. Number one reason is probably because I am far too irresponsible. In my mid-fifties, I still do things like spend an obscene amount of time and money on baseball cards, and a 22+ year old video game.
    Straahdx and Rondor like this.
  18. Warpeace Augur

I think the Dev's were prepping the other day with some last minute agro nerfs:cool:.

Sucks but glad its now and not post launch.
  19. Sup Rog Elder

My preparations are going to be buying the expansion for all my toons. Logging in, checking it out and realizing I have no time to really play the game. Hope to hit a brief period, where I can box them up to 120, gear them up in the bazaar(love FV) and then let them rust again lol. Then doing the same next year, with the next expansion.
    Straahdx likes this.
  20. Jent Elder

What is overseer? I see I am unprepared.