`99ers

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by ojier, Dec 3, 2021.

1. ojier Lorekeeper

Hey, assuming your recordkeeping is up to the task, I think it is time to "length of membership" reward again. And any account, using the same name and or ID as the original user, non-stop since March 1999 gets a freebie.

I want that freebie, and thinking about it, why don't you redesign your Veterans Rewards, maybe issue some new ones for crying out loud. Ideas be all over the forums I bet.
    Kegwell likes this.
  2. Tucoh Augur

Instead of this, they should get meta and add old age. Making your character have a decreasing xp multiplier for both /played time and calendar age.
    Tropi likes this.
  3. Nennius Curmudgeon

Nice. An arthritis stat. Creeping dementia where spells and skills get forgotten. Slower moving, etc. And an increasing desire to tell folks to get off your lawn, err zone.
    Fenthen, Maedhros, Claan and 5 others like this.
  4. kenmei Augur

the majority of 'players' EQ caters to, never make it past level 1.
    Vet rewards were killed because the majority of players said it didnt apply to them but they wanted the same gifts. krono mafia made it happen over time as they now outnumber the actual number of players.
    highly doubt a new vet reward will be made, as it will only anger their krono masters.
    this game is run by the asylum, not the devs.
    Bobokin likes this.
  5. Vumad Cape Wearer

How about a feature where characters from 1999 have an increased fizzle rate and occasionally forget the spells in their book. Or they remember all the spells, but they just randomly call them different names. Maybe a vet reward called Up Hill Both Ways that works like a mez and the mob just /emotes sits and listens. Anyone grouped with a '99 vet doesn't consume food but they get -10 heroic dex/agi for grammies snacks in the song window. All '99 vets get a AE like mod rods that summon cookies and milk, and it does it anytime you are in their proximity even if you don't want them. They are non-lore and just keep coming.
    Wdor likes this.
  6. ojier Lorekeeper

These posts disappoint me - maybe made by the same peeps who totally belittle the game and any other player's thoughts. It's a wonder they play.
  7. lagkills Slain by Fippy while guards stood and watched.

Your "freebie" is that the game you enjoy playing so much is still up and getting new content, and if you bought life time sub when they offered it already paid for itself so you're paying what ~$30 year/account if you want to be up to date on expansions.
    Shindius likes this.
  8. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Tonight's News: Player Wants Free Stuff
    Shindius, Fenthen, Elyssanda and 3 others like this.
  9. Tucoh Augur

These are serious ideas. Something is totally needed to balance the advantage long term players have.
  10. Vumad Cape Wearer

The majority of people on the forums are open to and supportive of ideas and healthy discussion or debate, myself included. However, when someone makes a post that can be summarized as, (1) I want something (2) because of this reason that I'm special (3) but I'm not offering creative solutions (4) because that's your job, it's going to be met with sarcasm and comedy.
  11. Nennius Curmudgeon

Failure is an option? Learning could come from failure. Thus, the inexperienced have been given a wonderful opportunity to learn. Learning is good. Your welcome.
  12. Maedhros High King

My character is definitely too new to be considered here, only started in summer of 2000. Brand new at the game really.
    Despite that I think it would be really cool to have a feature that adds a dial up modem sound when I gain AA, and every once in a while we just get disconnected because Mom or Dad picked up the phone and we lost our connection.
    Also I miss the crazy heat from running two 17 inch CRT monitors and two PCs with AMD K6 processors with Voodoo video cards. Who needs to turn on the furnace? Can we bring that back?
    Shindius, Wdor and Nennius like this.
  13. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

The feeling of achievement and awe after installing and running EQ on my first REAL video card (VooDoo 3 3000). It was fantastical.
    Shindius and Maedhros like this.
  14. Mossaa Augur

Just like you do with long time supporters in any sportsgame, you say they cannot enter in case some random stranger want to see the game
  15. Bigstomp Augur

I think a mix of gear resetting every couple years and auto-granted aa's is good.

I've had no problems at all with new/returning tanks who could press their buttons.

Tanks who could not press their buttons were about as useless as a zerker who went linkdead and missed the entire fight.
  16. Angahran Augur

Welcome to the participation trophy generation.
    Shindius and Nennius like this.
  17. kenmei Augur

as long as when the food gets put out, we launch an old school fennin ro fireworks display (and a dev needs to yell 'WHOOT!') then im ok with it. you also forgot all tradeskill combines fail the first 40 tries... with max skill/items, we must stick to the accurate historical lore!