Wow...taking all picks in GE?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by TheBoss, Dec 3, 2021.

1. TheBoss New Member

Really? DBG you are okay with this?

I was literally told by an AFK-PL group that they were taking all picks. Nice guys, they rezzed me after training but really?

What the hell is going on with this game?
  2. Nolrog Augur

I have not encountered this at all on Thornblade. Nothing remotely like you are suggesting.
  3. TheBoss New Member

Sorry I should've specified, but yeah this is Mischief
  4. Catashe Augur

bigger question is.. what stupid PLer chooses GE to PL in.. its like the worst... is Mischief so bad the normal PL spots are overpacked?
  5. Duckforceone Lord of the Ducks

seen pl groups pull everything from entrance to gate in a very short time... when i switched pick to avoid them, they were somehow in that pick too, same spot.... so something fishy is going on.
  6. Xhartor Augur

This

Hit Chardok or Velks, everything is too spread out in GE, and the doors make chain pulling a nightmare.
  7. TLP Addict Augur

You think these people are opening doors?
  8. Xhartor Augur

Nope
  9. JeffHanson Augur

For a long time now, the unwritten (but actual) policy has been to allow people to use automation, far-taunt, warping, and any kind of hack or cheat imaginable.

On live servers, the game is now actively designed to encourage and reward automation (e.g. ultra-rare loot and the ridiculous number of kills needed for evolving items).
  10. Triconix Augur

I've seen automation on live, but it is no where near as rampant as it is in TLP. The sheer amount of people I saw on TLP was eye-opening as I never did a TLP prior to aradune/riz release. It's a whole new environment vs live. Having Show EQ was almost a staple from what I saw even among the most casual of players. It was a bit shocking as I've gone 20+ years never really even thinking about using that junk or even being around people with it.

I've also noticed live servers still mostly maintain the play nice rules of observing camps, avoiding trains, no dps racing slimeballs, etc. Something non existent for many players on TLP. Everything is centered around trying to screw over the competition. Overall it's more toxic and cancerous, but still mostly avoidable, especially now the server is matured.
  11. kenmei Augur

if it was a team pvp tlp, you could call your team and announce where they were, and take care of the situation, and make mini quests for the area for others to 'kill the bots'
    but, folks refuse to remember how popular the deity team pvp server was. Memory Hole I think they call it.
    A good team pvp server has reason to exist in today's mmorpg. Thinkin it's the farmers and exploiters who are so dead against it, as they know they would be ended.
    Amazon/Steam New World is the first time they have fought though, they ban folk through the use of chat instead of actually fighting them (karen v karen, the new meta)..
    so in New World the bots outnumber the players atm, as the bots can out report anyone.
    SJW disease, full blown contagion.
    Just 2cp from one who wants to see EQ be .
  12. kenmei Augur

funny, this is why pvp got pushed out of the game.
    people who wanted to cheat/exploit the game knew they would be caught by pvp, bottom line.
    this is what happens when you completely gut pvp from your game..
    rampant hacks, rampant bots, rampant economic problems/gangs (i.e. krono mafia).
    EQ is one of the rare MMOs that because they have so much money going through it,
    its actual real world organized crime runnin around their worlds.
    lets just say.. pve players project the toxicity of pvp,
    but the reality is pure pve games are very bad for the mmo genre.
    which is sad, the worlds of EQ are a wonderful place.
  13. Gnothappening Augur

PvP would just auto kill you as you got in range with their box armies.
    Fenthen likes this.
  14. Gnothappening Augur

I had heard of Velks and of course the deep, but didn't realize someone was trying to AOE Griegs. There are a lot of mobs they cant' stun there, so that is interesting.
  15. Exituuur New Member

I mean the high lvl mobs are only at the gate. I don't know why a person wopuldn't just hunt at the gate period just for that reason.
  16. verbatim Elder

Get a couple wizards and ks their pull.
  17. Elite_raider Augur

There are 4 picks in Chardok of the same groups that are there 24/7 for the last 2 weeks, it is impossible to get any "good" camps, they never sleep, I am wondering how many AA's they really need, they rarely cycle in any new characters, are they just laying claim to the camps for weeks to make sure no one else goes there to XP?
  18. Exituuur New Member

They are literally always on the west side. I don't know why people don't just move to the gate or the east side and xp. They have never once bothered me at the gate or on the east side and even buff me whenever I ask. They are good folks as far as I am concerned.
  19. Machen New Member

What makes you think that DPG is ok with this? Just because someone does something doesn't mean DPG approves. Did you report and petition?
  20. Dewm N'Glewm New Member

Since when can't you AE? I mean if you can do it more power to you. I sure as heck wouldn't want to be boxing all those chanters but when you are talking about GE and there is like 5-7 picks up all the time there would still be 2/3rds of each of those picks up. Just sounds like a bunch of people to lazy to run from the DSP zone into the gate or east side to kill.