Please allow No DROP spells to be sold back

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bobokin, Dec 4, 2021.

1. Bobokin Augur

Please allow NO DROP spells to be sold back to the vendor. They can be sold back at 10% less or whatever, but at least allow them to be sold back. Spells or any other item.

Sometimes players accidentally get a duplicate before writing to a spell book, or they buy a spell that they have a Type II spell rune for, and they are out 4,000pp because they can't be resold or sold back to the vendor.
    Barton, Zaray, Angahran and 11 others like this.
  2. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Been there, done it. Support this 100%.

Pre-bought a spell for a char, then when I finally dinged, forgot about it, and went to buy it again.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Bobokin like this.
  3. Bobokin Augur

It is a common tale to be told.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  4. Vumad Cape Wearer

Upvote here. This is annoying. There are also a few spells that are bugged and show as purchasable even though you have the "only show items I can use" selected. These are particularly frustrating.
    Rexa and Sirene_Fippy like this.
  5. Rexa Ask someone else for buffs

Either that or make all current expansion buyable spells lore. Then you wouldn't even be concerned with ending up with duplicates.

I admit that this has happened to me a few times on some of my toons when lagging out while purchasing spells. It was annoying and I was going through a lot of plat buying them :(
    Raccoo likes this.
  6. Windance Augur

Spells are fairly cheep. Its the no drop stuff for making armor that really gets me. Those are 30-35k each so really painful when you oops and buy the wrong one.
    Bobokin likes this.
  7. Aanuvane Augur

I think the lore tag might work better. Allowing them to be sold back....I would imagine they can't make it so that only one vendor could buy them. They probably want to avoid the ability for one character to go buy them in a far off zone and then be able to sell them to a GH vendor for someone else to go pick up.

Just guessing. Regardless I support this as well. I know they aren't horribly expensive, but it's still annoying.
    Angahran and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.
  8. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

The only viable solution would be for them to make it so that only the spell vendor that it was bought from would buy it back, and that likely will be far more work than than is worth doing for this fix.
    Bobokin likes this.
  9. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I like it. It would be a great change.
  10. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

I don’t know why they are even No Drop.
    Rexa and Fenthen like this.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

For expansions that are not level increasing to keep people from using the spells without buying the expansion?
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  12. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Believable, but you can wear the armor from an expansion you never bought.
  13. Fenthen aka Rath

I still occasionally take a spell from a rank 2 rune that I already had, because the quest reward system for older expansions doesn't mark them as red / un-claimable. =p
    Rexa likes this.
  14. Bobokin Augur

They do this with the drogmor and horse mounts.
  15. Bobokin Augur

I agree. Expensive no drop items should be able to be sold back to the vendor that sold them.
  16. Tatanka Joe Schmo

On top of which, with the rank 2 drops now having a click, instead of needing to be turned in to an NPC, people without the expac can still get the rank 2 spells, anyway ;)
    Skrab likes this.
  17. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Everyone can do that equally, and get an equal power up from it. The boost from spells is much greater per person than the boost from tradeable armor.
    I would imagine that the click checks if you own the expansion. I know several others check that.
  18. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

This is probably a suggestion that should be implemented when they have time.

They never will.
  19. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

You can say that about a lot of things, though. Take the newly added combine percentages added in tradesksill containers. We didn't think that would ever happen, either. What I'm getting at is, over the years when the Devs do have extra time for quality of life things, they do it and they receive a lot of great feedback from players when they do. They know those types of improvements (that are free, mind you!) keep players subbed. All we can do is just keep asking and if they see the request enough times, it will move up the list on their drawing board.
  20. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

It's tongue-in-cheek. Forgive me. My pessimism precedes me.
    Jhenna_BB likes this.