The Journey From 115.99-120

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cicelee, Dec 3, 2021.

1. Cicelee Augur

In a couple days, a new expansion will be released with a five level increase for our characters. Which means that for the majority of players that are looking to get to 120 as soon as they can, you will fall into one of two groups-

Group A will do mercenary and partisan tasks in the new expansion. They will work on missions, camp some named, get an augment or two. They will do lesson burns in the new expansion, and pretty much spend the next several weeks/months doing as much as they can in the new expansion.

Group B will go back 1-3 expansions to a Frontier Mountains/Sathirs Tomb type of zone. They will not move from there, and pretty much grind out to 120 on a ton of light blues in one central camp area.

Now I am not here to say which method is better. What I will say is this-

I am Group A 100%

I cannot understand about the segment of group B who have whined and complained for the past eight months about a lack of content and how bored they are killing dwarves in GD or wyverns in WW... only to be given brand new zones, and they choose to not even step foot in them until they hit 120.

So which group do you belong to? I suppose there is a Group C that is a hybrid of A/B but I believe most fall into one of the first two groups...
    Wdor and Elyssanda like this.
  2. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Generally, undergeared casual players that need the statistical advantage that levels provide.

I'll be in Group A, after the New Year.
  3. Velisaris_MS Augur

Group B won't be grinding out xp on light blue mobs. They'll be sitting in the lobby doing Overseer/collections and hit max level in a couple of months, then go do whatever it is they want to do with a newly dinged 120 toon.
    Shindius, Wdor, Tucoh and 1 other person like this.
  4. Svann2 The Magnificent

strawman
    Presenting a weak position, and then attacking it.
    Bigstomp, Corwyhn Lionheart and Qelil like this.
  5. Nennius Curmudgeon

You failed to mention Group C. The folks who will wait for taskadds and complain about how slow they level while never leaving PoK.
    Shindius, Jennre, Ronwe and 7 others like this.
  6. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I'll just overseer to 120 im in no hurry although i will be killing for aa's for my ranger. Partisans are great xp too.

Andarriel
  7. Vizier Augur

Certain classes actually can do better mass farming low blues, rangers I'm lookin at you, but yes its a very low yield, easy mode grind for those people who go that route. I am a group A person as well, but you did over look one thing that affects casters most: new expansion HP pools.

Typically, melee types dont really care because as they level up, they scale with their new gear. Casters suffer from a really annoying speed bump where our old spells are actually better than our new spells until we get all the focus AAs and synergies capped.

So it makes more sense to do all the Hero's Mercs and Partisans in new expansion, then whatever is left over you grind 1 expansion back until you get your focus AAs squared away, THEN you can go do new content grinding. Of course by then you are basically done so meh.
  8. Qelil Augur

I don't understand the purpose or point of this post. I read it as, there is the right way to level to 120, there is the lame way which a "segment" of those who choose it will then whine and complain about and of course, the OP is doing it the right way even though they are not here to say which is the right way of course. Then comes the question, which class of players do you belong to, those who do it right or the rest and then we get into the complainers basically.

I'm not a psychologist so I do not really understand this behavior of seeking affirmation from one's own choir at the expense of others.

Then again, what do I know? I like to enjoy the ride and I am not rushing to anything regardless of whatever path I might take. I guess I could write a post about the folks who rush to level cap, AA cap, best in slot gear and then complain they have nothing fun to do but I promise I won't. I don't need to know that. If they like to play that way who am I to tell them they are wrong?

Do we really need to set fires of division in Norrath too? Is there nowhere we can just get along and have fun together?
    Wdor and Vumad like this.
  9. Qelil Augur

I should add that I do understand a raider's desire to get to cap quickly for the purpose of maximizing their performance in raid content. That makes sense to me.
    Wdor and Nennius like this.
  10. Qelil Augur

11. Vizier Augur

Seems links are broken so you'll have to imagine the "Your logic has no power here" meme hehe.
    Qelil likes this.
  12. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

[IMG]

:D just cut and paste - don't try to embed
    Shindius, Qelil and Nennius like this.
  13. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Group B are the hackers and FTP anyway. They can stay in old zones and whine to themselves.
    Shindius and Duder like this.
  14. S33k3r Augur

I tend to do a mix of A & B.

I'll do the Hero's but usually wait a week or 2 before starting on merc / partisan tasks as the spawns can be in big demand. If the new zones are too busy then I plan to slack in CoV / ToV zones or work on Artisan's Prize.

Even if I do not rush I'll hit 120 before the new raids are rolled out.
  15. uberkingkong Augur

Sad to see when people ask for task adds instead of anyone interesting in doing the mission/task with them.
    Shindius and Knifen like this.
  16. Cicelee Augur

I mean... you are wrong.

I said there is no right or wrong way. Some people do mercs and partisans and missions and level up in the new expansion. Some go back 1-3 expansions and sit in a light blue or blue zone and kill easy mobs. Either way is fine. No wrong answer.

However there is a SEGMENT of the second group. Segment, portion, a third, whatever the description or number is. Those people whine all year about not having content to play in and say they are bored. Then when brand new content is given to them, they go backwards to level up in the same content they are "bored in" and complained about the past year. It is THOSE people who I don't get

Has nothing to do with Group A or B or C. It is a portion of B that I am confused by.

The purpose of the post was to see who likes to do what as far as leveling in a new expansion goes. Do you like to be in the new expansion? Do you like to kill light blues in an easier zone in a previous expansion?

But thanks for the psychological analysis. I got a chuckle out of it.
  17. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

It's not really that hard to understand. It's a segment of below average to average players that are either not boxing or boxing sub-optimal groups. They struggle to find groups for whatever reason play time, initiative, etc. They lack gear and AA and depend on T1 tradeable gear or Kronos for gearing their characters.

It's why zones like DSH, FoB, all of HoT, Valley of Lunanyn, Shard's Landing, Gribbles, FM, and GD are so important to add to an expansion.
    Shindius likes this.
  18. Qelil Augur

I didn't give any psychological analysis.
  19. Sissruukk Rogue One

So, you come to ForumQuest to get those answers? I have a feeling you will be waiting a mighty long time to get a satisfactory one...until then, enjoy all the opinions.
    Qelil and Nennius like this.
  20. Vumad Cape Wearer

Because you're reference here is anecdotal and these are probably not the same people, and if they are, it's because nothing will ever make them happy. The topic of the complaint is irrelevant, as they live for the complaint.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Qelil like this.