That Chill in the Air Can Mean Only One Thing.....

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Herf, Dec 3, 2021.

1. Herf Augur

Agnarr gets screwed out of a bunch of holiday events and gifts again.
  2. Herf Augur

Confirmed :(. Live has a new FF popup, and there's stuff on the calendar until the end of the month.

On Agnarr, diddly.

Thanks so much DB for making us paying customers feel so loved. It's like being a little kid when Xmas comes only to find out your parents couldn't afford to buy you any gifts this yea (just like last year) but all the other kids in the neighborhood got stuff.
  3. Machen New Member

Every year. Every year you guys complain that you don't get access to new content, when you all chose to play on the one and only server that is designed to never progress to new content.

There's an easy solution. Play on any other server.
  4. Herf Augur

We're paying the same amount everyone else is, and we're not even getting the stuff that we got in years past on the server.

When these glorious announcements are made there's no indication that we WON'T get anything. I had to log in to Live to see what they got then compared their calendar to the one on Agnarr to figure it out.

When Agnarr started I'm pretty sure that none of us there figured that "PoP locked" meant we didn't get the various holiday benefits. Maybe not the post-PoP quests, but FFS, something that we could celebrate. Like the Easter Egg hunt (which we do unexplicably get on Agnarr.)

Attica! Attica! Attica!
  5. minimind The Village Idiot

The response in my head was similar to Machens, but then I saw this and started cracking up.

Thank you for keeping it light-hearted. ;)
    Herf likes this.
  6. Machen New Member

It's all post-pop content. Why would you think you would get it on a pop locked server?

None of the other tlp's get it until the appropriate expansions either.
    Shindius, Nolrog and Duder like this.
  7. Herf Augur

It's old enough I wasn't sure if anyone would get it :)
  8. Herf Augur

Us on Agnarr celebrating Xmas :)

[IMG]
    HoodenShuklak and Xhartor like this.
  9. Duder Augur

This thread isn't about Air Cans after use? I'm let down =(
  10. Numiko Augur

Don't some of the frostfel quests require access to zones that did not open till well past PoP?

You would not be able to do them all anyhow.
    Herf likes this.
  11. Herf Augur

Yes, I'm not saying we should get all the quests; for one thing some of them may result in out of era rewards that are OP.

I'm just saying, how some about something? Or at least in these big announcements tell us which servers are not going to get them, or which era must be unlocked.
  12. Herf Augur

Now that I think about it, a scraggly looking Xmas tree, available to people only on Agnarr, would be a pretty cool gift. We could make a ring of them in PoK and hand out baked goodies to each other.
    Shindius likes this.
  13. Xeris Augur

I'm pretty sure that dbg won't ever make something specifically for Agnarr. It would be nice, but also cruel to ask them for special stuff for all 200 of the people on the server.
  14. TLP Addict Augur

Yeah prison food sucks, don't go to prison.
  15. Mossaa Augur

You get it when you come to live status. O no you do not, because you selected to play in the past, so you selected to not get any new fun stuff.
  16. kenmei Augur

We want our own server!

how come we dont get rewards like everyone else!?!?!
  17. Brontus EQ Player Activist

For those who use the rationale that XYZ event didn't unlock until a certain year so players on TLP servers have no right to expect to enjoy them, Krono wasn't invented and introduced until 2012.

Using the same logic, Krono should not be available until the 2012 era (The Rain of Fear expansion) unlocks on TLP servers.

How do the apologists reconcile this cognitive dissonance?
    Herf, kenmei and Quillman like this.
  18. Xeris Augur

I mean, that's not even a correct analogy. Specific holiday content is tied to specific expansion releases, not years in general. Krono is just a general thing DBG added as a product across all its games. Krono wasn't released as part of a particular expansion.

Winter content requires certain zones and other things that Agnarr will never have, thus we don't get access to it.
    ExecutionDbl9 and Shindius like this.
  19. Nolrog Augur

False equivalency. Krono are not tied into any specific expansion which I am sure you know, so you cannot argue that because Krono are available that proves new content tied to a future expansion should also be available now. QoL features are often given for free.
    ExecutionDbl9 likes this.
  20. Herf Augur

The real problem is that DB continues to tie holidays to expat eras, and generally eras which only began long after pop. It's a cheap money saving episode on their part.