How are you prepping for the new expansion?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Elemental, Dec 1, 2021.

1. Elemental Augur

As the topic asks, what are you doing to prep for the new expansion? Personally, I am working on maxing the exp on my toons.

Also, what are your plans for first day of expansion? Grind out those levels, tradeskill, or quest?
  2. Sissruukk Rogue One

Tons of collection item dispensers (I re-created my character 2 years ago, and am way behind on collectibles), 24-hour research overseer missions banked, 6 shared goblets of adventure III, 4 goblets of adventure III...
    I don't know if I am ready for this or not.
    Not sure what my group is planning on the first day of the xpac. I think we will figure that out this coming weekend.
    Shindius likes this.
  3. Tucoh Augur

I came back to EQ a month ago after skipping CoV, so my prep is largely just doing CoV progression and getting my group equipped with group CoV gear.

Overseer has been useful for topping off my XP bar, but I'm not bothering to do anything else like banking collectibles / rewards / consumables for ToL.

I might log into beta this week and write down my AA priorities for my seven characters, or not. I haven't explored beta yet.

On release day I'll probably just start progression in whatever the entry level zone is and fight through the inevitable lag.
    Shindius likes this.
  4. Conq Augur

My main computer died yesterday. Prepping by replacing it. Off topic, but can anyone comment on the stability of EQ on Win11?
    Conq
  5. Warpeace Augur

Seems fine for me. Zero issues.
    Fenthen and Conq like this.
  6. The real Sandaormo Augur

Prepped by taking the week of the 7th off. Having launch group all set will also help.
  7. Svann2 The Magnificent

Trying to save 15 blue/purple overseer quests.
    Already collected the food/drink mats that come from old expacs.
  8. Elemental Augur

I'm running 8 accounts so I can relate. My team will be Paladin, Mage,Mage, Enc, Bard,and Shaman with my 2 clerics hanging out
  9. Nennius Curmudgeon

1. Collectible dispensers. I have enough to finish off all that I didn't get in CoV.
    2. Maxed AA to spend that first day.
    3. Both main characters on my two box accounts are max experience. One kill to 116.
    4. Maps for the new expansion have been downloaded and installed. THANK YOU for Good's maps!
    5. Working on accumulating Merc. AA points to spend on new stuff.
    6. Reminding myself that some launches have gone very smoothly and others have hugely sucked (Luck-Lin anyone).
    7. Getting ready to have some fun and realizing that if the launch goes badly, life will still go on. The sun will shine. My kids will still be awesome and I will have food to eat.
    8. Getting ready for LOTS of ForumQuesting during the inevitable downtimes.
    9. Not taking time off from work. I only did that once and it was a mistake.
    10. Readying a dwarven army to invade and turn the tall races into our slaves. You have been warned!!!!!
    Kialya, Jent, Fenthen and 2 others like this.
  10. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Sadly, I already burned out.
    Waitwhat likes this.
  11. Cicelee Augur

1. I am going to sleep the night before around 10pm
    2. I am going to wake up at 5am
    3. I am going to take a nice poop
    4. I am going to shower and eat breakfast
    5. I am going to go to work
    6. I am going to leave work and pick up my kid from school
    7. I am going to go home and eat dinner with wife and kid
    8. I am going to put the kid to bed
    9. I am going to log onto EQ and redeem all my Overseer collectibles
    10. I am going to come to the realization that I have twelve months to do stuff that will probably only take three months to do, and not stress about expansion day
  12. Svann2 The Magnificent

used /outputfile for inventory, real estate, recipes, etc
    Fenthen and Wdor like this.
  13. Samatman Augur

Our group is in month 4 of Sepulcher of Order (VoA). Kill me now. After finishing the first droplet quest we were presented with yet another collect 400. By March we plan to move to CotF as a radical move, skipping RoF entirely, as irrelevant. We'll probably all be max level by the time we finish Sepulcher, and that's not using overseer.

There's a new expansion?
  14. Metanis Bad Company

Exactly!

I waited until the January patch last year to even begin Claws. That first patch fixes a lot of issues and makes the expansion playable.
    Fenthen likes this.
  15. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Absolutely nothing.

If you aren't prepared for ToL by now, you don't deserve to be.
  16. Xellen Lorekeeper

I play on Test, we have ToL available (in a not complete form) so we are a week ahead of you Livers.

I had banked 10 quests in /reward and I had saved about 300 overseer item collector clickies. I also had a few collection achievements that I had saved the last item to click. I was sitting at 99.99. When it was all done, it took me about an hour to claim everything but I finished at 117 with a few % into the level.

If you want you can search for Xellen on Test on YouTube to see exactly where it ended and a solo necromancer taking on ToL T2 trash mobs. Even without the spell vendors up for a new Jober it's doable.

Killing mobs in ToL, on test, with a merc out and an shared xp pot you earn 0.2% per kill. It's going to be a long grind. But, we have the first in all EQ 120 already so it's not impossible.

Xellen
  17. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Im ready fishing poles in hand!

Andarriel
    Fenthen and Wdor like this.
  18. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'm topping off exp, from dying doing stupid raid achievements.
    7th December will be a none EQ day, dont expect it up much before 10 pm my time. There maybe time to log in and get spells before bed
    8th play when I can - no works as usual for a Wednesday, but I spend the day doing stuff with my daughter so may only get to play in the evening.
    9th play when I can - no work as usual day off, out with the girls in the evening as always
    10th - 12th working away no playing until I'm home Sunday at the earliest.

Plan for the first few days will be
    Spells!
    Maidens Eye and Umbral Planes Quests
    All 4 Missions
    Whatever my boys want to do
  19. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Here's my list:

1 - pre-ordered the expac

That's it, that's the list ;)
  20. Sup Rog Elder

Lol, everybody running to stand still. It's a long year.