Seriously, what's going on with Mischief/TB's economy?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Piznut, Nov 26, 2021.

1. TLP Addict Augur

You're all being trolled.

[IMG]
  2. Korea numbah3 Elder

I've always had it shut off 100% of the time if I didn't have funds for the full listing.

And also the person in question has a descending number of buys, so they're either trolling and resetting it every 5minutes along with their program that auto adjusts the buy lines to 9g over the highest or the buy line is legit as it's not closing they/them's barter when a krono is sodl to it.

Not sure why people are still selling krono under 2mil when there is a person running baz with enough plat to buy well over 2k krono at current prices. Nor why people would choose that person to sell to for that extra 9 gold.

Buy hold drs
  3. HoodenShuklak Augur

Those buylines just confirm plat duped plat is still on the server. Shame really but explains this messed up economy.

Thanks Obama.
  4. Thash Zoner

One way or another.. "duped" plat will fill the market early in a server's life, specific bot armies will farm endlessly without repercussions, the company will be too busy, understaffed, or incompetent to address it, I thought we all figured this out years ago.
  5. Machen New Member

Eh, you've had all of the above on every prior round of TLP's and krono prices haven't been anything remotely like what they are on Mischief now.
  6. Thash Zoner

I guess they wanted more, faster, this time around.

If someone can credibly convince me that dpg won't directly infuse plat as needed, I'd appreciate it. Why wouldn't they?

I'm equally suspicious of their ties to certain special software that allows oh, so many things any simple character cannot do. It makes them money, one way or another. Why improve the game and drive less people to it?

It is obvious.
  7. Machen New Member

What plausible reason would DPG have to directly infuse plat? They could, but how does it benefit them? Higher rates of plat does not mean more people buy kronos. It's not like DPG needs plat to buy things...

As for the other, doesn't explain why Mischief, where the software is at least still officially off limits and restricted to people who are willing to break the truebox rules, would have higher prices for krono after six months than Rizlona does after a year and a half, where the software has been given the green light since day 1 and virtually everyone uses it.
  8. Thash Zoner

Higher platinum krono price absolutely increases website krono sales. If you don't know it, they do.

My point about the software is that companies will do absolutely anything possible to make a buck, even if they pretend they wouldn't. There's more than one revenue stream. Dpg is complicit at best.

I assume that the higher prices on Mischief are a calculated decision. Right now, most of the krono are probably being bought by casuals hoping to buy gear. It's too late to squeeze Rizlona's market like that.
  9. Machen New Member

There's your problem.
    Rasper Helpdesk likes this.
  10. Thash Zoner

There's that credible information I was looking for. Thanks for your contribution.

It's like you guys have never heard of money.
  11. Random newb Augur

Make all transfers between mischief and throneblade delete coin and suddenly things will become much cheaper.
  12. Duder Augur

Hecka paranoia.
  13. Mr Blue Sky Elder

Why can't DPG say if there has been a plat dupe or not? or maybe it's still going on.
    Their silence and lack of communication on this question really doesn't help things.

People on this forum actually used to deny that people were botting, not any more....
    So when so many say there has been a plat dupe, including known names, I'm not sure if it is a complete conspiracy theory. The evidence being the massive amount that Krono's are selling for. Without any genuine logical explanation as to where the extra platinum is coming from.
  14. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Then there must be a cash dup going on in real life also.

Bucket of wings cost $15 at the deli last month - now they are $23

That pack of bacon went up $2

I see krono selling for 3 mil and rising on my live sever (Not tlp or FV)
  15. Machen New Member

Bingo. There literally is. Remember when the government printed checks and sent them out to everyone? Now we have inflation. Sorta like what would happen to the price of krono if there were a plat dupe.
  16. Achillez Elder

Exactly, people don't understand what "inflation" is. It's only been a 700% increase in the price of krono in the 7 weeks since Luclin launched, that's nothing - easily explained by inflation. Earlier this year I also got a bucket of wings for $15, came back 7 weeks later and they are now over $100 and I reminded myself "it's just inflation at the same rate of krono, I gotta remember to bring more cash next time".
  17. HoodenShuklak Augur

There was a GDKP guild that openly said they are not taking bids from duped plat players so obviously 2 things happened... someone(s) duped plat, and they talked about it. Guilds that sell stuff for plat don't turn down plat bids often.
  18. Kylo Classic Augur

Why are you so obsessed with Krono and how much they cost. You can't finish a quest by turning in a krono.
  19. Ravanta Suffer Augur

For the last time, you only need to have the plat on hand to buy one of the items in order to put up a buy line of multiples. If you have 200k, you can put a buy line for 1 krono at 200k, and you can modify the quantity so it appears you are buying 500 of them, but the second you buy one, it closes you out of buyer mode.
  20. HoodenShuklak Augur

Fair enough. Not like I read anything past the first post. Point remains though, we know there was a plat dupe, and the economy shows every sign that there is indeed something up.