Are You Prepared for Terror of Luclin?

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Accendo, Nov 23, 2021.

1. Accendo Guest

[IMG]
    Launching December 7, 2021!

From inside the shadows and darkness come stories of heroics that only come from true adventurers and conquerors like you. This time, however, could the secrets that are about to be revealed be too much? Are you truly prepared?

We are super excited to announce that Terror of Luclin will be launching December 7, 2021 at 12:00 p.m. PST on live servers. Take on new feats and challenges as you level up to 120, explore new zones, and strengthen your characters through new raids. If you haven't pre-ordered a copy of Terror of Luclin yet, you can get it here and receive the Shadow Weapon Ornament and immediately join in on the remaining days of beta.

Will you have what it takes to thwart the evil plans of Mayong Mistmoore? We'll see you in the shadows!

(Convert to your local time here.)
    Rezavee, Andarriel, minimind and 5 others like this.
  2. Jumbur Improved Familiar

YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!!! ;)

Did I just steal the slogan from the WoW TBC launch? Is daybreak truly prepared? Is the beta too short?

Tune in on Dec 7 and find out...:p
    Rancid, Ashigaru, Shindius and 2 others like this.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

My bank manager is ready!
    minimind likes this.
  4. Slasher Augur

It just is not even close to ready at all. You're basically already in design lock on beta and so much is not done.
    Nolick, Shindius, Skrab and 1 other person like this.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'm more than ready! I've been ready since at least the middle of the year, bring it on!

Class issues better be sorted before launch!
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Bad news I'm afraid

[IMG]
    Shindius and Yinla like this.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas too.....
    Skuz likes this.
  8. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Sweet cant wait to go fishing on my two main accounts!

Andarriel
    Shindius likes this.
  9. Shindius Journeyman

Weird text color. Reposting below.
  10. Shindius Journeyman

That's way too soon considering the state the expansion is in on Beta at the moment. I fully expect all kinds of issues, bugs and extra downtime. A lot of things won't be finished either. It's not the devs' fault. Just too short of a beta with the size of the team they have and the other things they've been doing with the 64 bit upgrade.

I suggest being patient and not being too harsh on the devs. It's a management decision and a management issue because they just do not have enough resources to work on multiple projects regardless of which staff works on whatever project. As a whole EQ's team is not big enough. I hope EG7 figures that out and gives them more help and more resources to help them succeed and to help get EverQuest back to being the great game it was without the major issues we've seen over the last few years.
  11. Bobokin Augur

If that is the case, it is nothing less than hubris to announce a launch date, and it is disrespectful of the players. Then again, when has that ever mattered? Game software companies have been releasing half done and broken games for years now.
    NameAlreadyInUse likes this.
  12. Bobokin Augur

I just figured it out. This was supposed to be an internal memo for the employees rather than a public notice of the release date. Some wires must have been crossed because no one I know in beta believes the expansion is anywhere near being ready.
    NameAlreadyInUse and Ashigaru like this.
  13. Benito EQ player since 2001.

What's with all of the doom and gloom?

I've been on Beta. It's new content. By subjective measures, the human mind tends to focus on the negatives.

I would solicit honest opinions from friends and guildmates in game rather than rely on anonymous posters here if $35 is a major expenditure.

Edit: Based on the insane inflation hitting the United States, $35 is not a terrible investment for entertainment. Even if you bought the base expansion for 3 accounts, that's only roughly $105.
    Nennius likes this.
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

You've not noticed AAs are still missing and the tuning of spells and abilities hasn't even been started yet?

Slot 3 augs are not done either. The important stuff for a char is far from completed.

If Aristo gets it all finished he needs a medal and a few big drinks.
  15. Moege Augur

That smelly dead horse of an excuse is way over in the 2019 ditch.
    NameAlreadyInUse likes this.
  16. Benito EQ player since 2001.

It’s been like that for years.

The devs do work behind the scenes. Player opinion will bog down the process.

Most people would rather be able to play over the holiday than wait for perfection.
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  17. LaceLeather New Member

Is there a reason why the poster features nothing women dressed like prostitutes for a eyes wide open party?
  18. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Because they know their audience...
    Velisaris_MS and Nennius like this.
  19. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Because Luclin has a mild and warm climate I guess? Everyone was fully clothed in the Velious themed expansions...
    Shindius likes this.
  20. Waitwhat Elder

If you see prostitutes that look like those alien "women", run! Run forest, ruuuuuun!
    Shindius likes this.