Test Update 11/30/2021 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Nov 30, 2021.

1. EQ Dev Developer

November 30, 2021

*** Highlights ***

- The shadows cast by the light of Luclin have been whispering of intrigues. The Akheva are on the move, striving to reassert their power and rebuild their moon-wide empire. Amidst the turmoil of their actions, rumors abound. Mayong Mistmoore has been seen on Luclin. The only known truth is that the master vampire has since disappeared into the shadows and even his devoted followers and sycophants have begun to worry.
    -- Level your hero up to the new limit of 120
    -- Learn new spells, combat abilities, and Alternate Abilities.
    -- Find new items and learn new tradeskill recipes.
    -- Explore seven new zones.
    -- Participate in nine new raids and more than forty new quests.
    -- Gain a new teleportation item keyring.
    -- Explore new achievements, including achievements that represent the keys you have earned.

*** Progression Servers ***

- Miragul will no longer show an unlock for Terror of Luclin on the calendar.

*** Miscellaneous ***

- Added a new key ring for Teleportation Items.
    - Addressed an issue with the Advanced Loot system where multiple counts of the same item couldn't be properly assigned to people or left on the corpse.

*** UI ***

- Changed /keys to toggle the display of the General > Keys achievements category in the category window, replacing the old behavior of listing key text in the chat window.
    - Fixed a custom UI crash when trying to render decals files that don't exist in the default UI.
    - Fixed a visual bug that could occur when moving items from inventory slots into keyring slots.
    - Fixed an issue that prevented the Hole Key from saving to your list of /keys.
    - Fixed an issue that prevented Veeshan's Key from saving to your list of /keys after the arrival of Dry Sapara.
    - The "Players not in a group" section of the raid window can now be resized instead of having to scroll through it.

- Changed -

EQUI_Animations.xml
    EQUI_KeyRingWnd.xml
    EQUI_RaidWindow.xml

- The EverQuest Team
    Thunderkiks, Skuz and Shindius like this.
  2. Dzarn Developer

3. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Assuming this on Beta made it to the patch, please add to patch notes:

- Arcane specialization skills (Abjure, Alteration, Conjuration, Divination, Evocation) have been changed from a maximum of three Specialize skills at 275 and two at 290, to a maximum of 295 in all Specialize skills.

Also, please check to see that if the AA Secondary Forte still exists, it actually does anything after this change.

Also, if there are any other stealth game changes, please add them to the patch notes.

Thank you.
    Xanadas and Shindius like this.
  4. Noxx-TD New Member

Cool so nothing about the current pet proc issues after 2 rounds of monthly patches. Fun
    Shindius likes this.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Not available.......sums up my day :rolleyes:
    Rondor and Skuz like this.
  6. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Are all nine raids accessible on the test server now?

Or are you just copy-pasting some promotion-text?
  7. Warpeace Augur

Considering the 30 day post release mechanism?
    Shindius likes this.
  8. Jumbur Improved Familiar

9. Riou EQResource

The raids are delayed, you can view them in /calendar
    Shindius likes this.
  10. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Thanks, because I did not see any announcement by Darkpaw about the delays, even if it has become the standard.
    Shindius likes this.
  11. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

The normal HERE ARE THE RAIDS post this year got broken to the individual tiers this year without an over arching general raid message. So ... technically there really wasn't a place to put the message. But I know we discussed it in our developer raid this year with the dev and it hasn't been a secret otherwise.

This year the developers, including the newer ones, seem to want either direct tells/messages OR in game /bug reports, rather than the more community established forums.

Completely agree that it should be there.
    Shindius likes this.
  12. Svann2 The Magnificent

The 2 new TS achievements arent showing on test.
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Which is a problem if you are not on when they are, I've had no answer on a few direct messages I've sent on the boards.

If this is the future I wont bother testing next year.
  14. Rondor Augur

The link to non-embedded version of the YouTube video is:

[hxxps][://]www[.]youtube[.]com/watch?v=Th1u0gZ--JA

(replace hxxps with h-t-t-p-s)

Although it says "Video Unavailable (This video is unavailable)", YouTube shows its title as "So Sorry" and was posted by someone called "FeistMusic" on "Jul 31, 2018".

Presumably the video's title is sufficient to understand the meaning of the original message by Dzarn, but maybe there's something more. I don't know what the video is supposed to be showing since I cannot see it.
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I love you!

Thank you and happy Frostfell!
  16. theonepercent Augur

- New merchants have moved into the Guild Lobby.

/sniff they do care
  17. Drathese New Member

Unsure when this started. Standing in lobby, someone mentions in genchat about collectibles in /baz. So I go hunting. I find 2 that I don't have. purchase and send to parcels. Find a third. Parcels capped at 50. so I run out to PoK, grab the 2 I bought, right click them, and game tells me I already have them. Run back to lobby, try again, boom, in they go. Tried 2 more, same thing, being in PoK it tells me I have every one I try to collect, but it works fine in the lobby.
  18. Kazint Augur

Whoever came up with the Wiz port location and evac spots for Luclin did a good job.

[IMG]
  19. Marton Augur

And it would be even better if they didn't say they port to Cobalt Scar :rolleyes:.
    Shindius likes this.
  20. Kazint Augur

I personally don't care what they name the spells.