Request: Music Title and Zone at Character Select

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by I_Love_My_Bandwidth, Jan 5, 2019.

1. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

At character select, zone music plays at random. Can you put a text field on there that says the music title and zone, please?

There are some outstanding compositions and learning more about them would be great!
  2. KermittheFroglok Augur

Similar question, where can we buy or listen to the EQ sound track?

A cool idea, wouldn't it be neat if there was a jukebox Marketplace item that let players select EQ music for their home or guild hall, even a playlist. Bonus, a purchasable Marketplace feature unlock where Bards could change the zone music for players in their group?
  3. Riou EQResource

Everything outside of first few expansions is in the mp3 files in your EQ directory
    KermittheFroglok likes this.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

5. KermittheFroglok Augur

6. KermittheFroglok Augur

Shucks, I like the classic Freeport docks music. Hoping I can find it!
  7. Sagarmatha Augur

Please find the old layout of Freeport while you're at it. =P
    Gyurika Godofwar and Shanarias like this.
  8. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

/necro rezzing this thread

In the thread referenced here:
    I saw this:
    Where is this toggle?

Can this toggle be placed on the character select screen, and can we get a little display which indicates what music is playing and the zone/era it is associated with? Please? With Gnomish Spirits on top?
  9. Nniki Augur

eqclient.ini
    RandomCharacterSelectMusic=1

OFF = 0, ON = 1

Also found in Options within the game:
    [IMG]
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth likes this.
  10. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

You legend!

Thanks!
    Nniki likes this.
  11. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Ok, /rez thread again.

Popped into character select and heard some music I have never heard before. It was fantastic.

Would be REALLY nice to be able to see at least the music Title. An added bonus would be to see the zone the music was created for.

Thank you!
  12. Jumbur Improved Familiar

It is never random the first time you enter character select after launch, only the following times.
    I wish it was an option to have it random the first time too, as I rarely switch character.

And I would like a title too. :)
  13. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Titles:
    1. The Mob You Want Won't Spawn
    2. Your JBoots are Slower After Patch
    3. Server Coming Down for Emergency Patch
    4. What Annoys You Won't Be Changed
    5. Alas, We Don't Have 500 Developers/Programmers to Fulfill Your Every Desire
    6. We Spent the Money On Failed Games X, Y, and Z Instead
    7. Nerfs, Nerfs, Nerfs: A Ode of Joy
    8. Your Class is Underpowered
    9. Lagfest
    10. Nostalgia Filter
    Stymie, Winnowyl, Elyssanda and 3 others like this.
  14. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

With the recent and renewed focus on un-breaking the log in music random play, once again /necroing this thread.
  15. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Another unusual music theme at character select I loved but didn't know what song it was or what zone it was created for.

Praying to Tunare for a music title / zone to show at character select!
  16. Loup Garou De loop de loop

Maybe they don't know anymore! I came across this from A Loving Robot but didn't have time to listed to it all to see if he named any of the songs but he seems to focus a lot on how to make music not what the music was

This was interesting when the released the vinyl

17. Beardsy Elder

The music in Arx Mentis may very well be the best composition ever made on EQ imo. It's so damn good.

18. Zunnoab Augur

I don't know how they could list the zone since some tracks get used more than once.

Side note: some if not all VoA music is recycled from EQ2. I'm not sure if that continued since I haven't played most of EQ2's expansions.

I actually quite like ToL's music.