Shawl 3.0 Restoration option

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Iumar, Nov 27, 2021.

1. Iumar Journeyman

From the Brell's Sacred Soothing Wave.
    Increase Hitpoints by 250. Max: None. Calculates to current max level.
    How much does the group heal do on live at lvl 115? Does it really scale / become greater at higher lvl's?
    Of course a 250 heal doesn't make sense at lvl 115 or 120.
  2. Riou EQResource

It doesn't scale, no, don't use allakhazam for spell data
    Sancus likes this.
  3. Zipe The Healer

Ok, I may be wrong but this is how I understand it and it may help you to understand how any proc/clickie from items work:
    It's the item casting the spell, not you. That's why clickies aren't (usually) focused nor they take into account your level for "calculate to current max level". Also, some procs specify the level they are using to calculate this level scaling scaling (a lvl 60 weapon proccing a proc as a lvl 45, etc), I guess that if it doesn't say anything it's the item max lvl, that on this case is what? lvl254? So, I would guess that Brell's proc is already being casted on its max level.

You could say; oh zipe but I have a pet proc weapon and my pet is focused; yes, the pet is focused but not the proc that summons the pet.
  4. Sancus Augur

This is conflating a few different things.

You're correct about click effects on items; these are in most cases cast by the item and therefore are unaffected by your character.

Procs absolutely are cast by your character, but some procs employ level scaling based on an item's level. These procs have a calc value that is not 100 (2100 is common). Brell's Sacred Soothing is not among those procs. The indication that it calculates based on max level is incorrect and, as Riou said, one of the many reasons Allakhazam is a bad source for spell information.
    Winnowyl and Zipe like this.