Collection Quest Ground Spawns

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by gcubed, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Axxius Augur

Augur,

About the stacked spawns... Why can't that be fixed? For example, in Beast Domain there are ground spawns around the hunters' camps (red and yellow 'apples', etc) that never stack. There is always only 1 item (or none) at each location. Is there some major difference between those and the collection items?
  2. Augur Developer

The difference is not with the ground item spawns themselves, but that they are controlled by two entirely different systems. I haven't looked at the script powering the hunter camp apple spawns, but it's significantly easier to track and use the location data when there is a much smaller number of items and locations.

On a technical level, that same functionality can be built into the collection system, but it would take a not insignificant amount of time and effort because the current system does not track the locations of existing spawns. We're open to the possibility of making this change in the future, but want to see how well the current system works after the unreachable locations are fixed, and are no longer distorting the experience before we make that decision.
  3. Fenthen aka Rath

I wouldn't say 6 feet, but definitely 2-4 feet above the ground. I was able to easily collect them though.
  4. Tobynn Augur

OK, so 3 feet. Point being recent patch has caused those particular ground spawns to learn how to levitate. They are no longer ground spawns, they are air spawns. If someone intentionally changed those to spawn airborne, then so be it. I think its more likely the airborne spawns were not intentional and its a side effect of somethinggotscrewedup.
  5. Tobynn Augur

The floating spawns are not collectibles. These are the Bright Fear Shards, found throughout the crater proper, used in Magus' quest. I was merely pointing out that recent patch has caused these particular items to forget where the ground is, and that perhaps its symptomatic of something going on with all ground spawns in the zone.
  6. Augur Developer

Ah, thanks for the clarification on that. I'll look into those as well as a separate issue and see if I can figure out what's going on with them.
  7. Ronak Augur

Not sure if was mentioned already, but we've been /bugging this in-game. A lot of the bugged spawns at the moment are because they are spawning inside objects. In chairs. Inside statues necks/heads. And so forth. Eventually, still, enough get inside an object and no more spawn that can be picked up.
  8. Rten New Member

I am in Breeding Grounds and have a spawn at loc 707.55 190.13 neg117.64 (on Bristlebane) that is spawned inside of a statue.

Rten
  9. Dalrek_MM Elder

Unable to finish Shards Landing. I was only person in zone this morning and there was 0 spawns up near the center crystal. Or...thats not entirely true. Dropped down in the center crater with levitation on and saw 3 groundspawns down below me in the dark before I zoned to Sepulcher.....

oh..and a bugged spawn inside the base of portal near Camellia Spiretear
  10. Khat_Nip Meow

That same set can also spawn outside of the crater, around its perimeter which could make it seem like the spawns inside have stalled.
  11. Dalrek_MM Elder

That actually worked. Not only close to the crater but as far away as Selyrah camp was a spawn for this collection
  12. smash Augur

1 spawn in kael, neg 594, 1752 at edges of fire
  13. AB_H'Sishi Augur

I'm on AB, and yet in this moment standing on the big crystal in Shard's Landing. I see one yellow and one red collectible spawn EMBEDDED in the top half of the crystal and another two spawns far down in the crack under the crystal. No way to get to them to pick them up or take clear /loc results.
  14. smash Augur

kael imbedded in a chair 20, 1268
  15. Xorgo New Member

Evantil: under the furthest out ape pad there is a ground spawn floating below canopy which you can see angled down looking NW from loc pos 38 pos 1230 pos 1171

Eastern Wastes: there is a ground spawn stuck under a box of animated books north of the airship in the northern part of the zone
  16. Xorgo New Member

Evantil: ape hut floor loc pos 285 pos 480 pos 1167
    this one is not lootable, there are also a few other ground spawns up there that are close to being within the hut floors but are hanging out a bit underneath so they are lootable.
  17. TheQxx Augur

On Drinal right now, the groundspawns in Shard's Landing are bugged: One is INSIDE the giant fear shard in the middle, and the other 2 are at the bottom of the pit past the Sepulcher zone line making them unattainable.
  18. MiataDriver Augur

I have run all over the crater area and outside it, the one and only spawn I can find for Fear in Pieces is the once that is inside the huge crystal that is now upright and completely unreachable. Probably a bunch of them stacked there.
  19. Augur Developer

Thanks for the continued feedback. I went through all of Shard's Landing spawn points today and wanted to give a quick update on my progress so far.

There were quite a few unreachable spots on that center crystal in Shard's Landing. I've moved all spawn points off of that crystal and into ground locations nearby—any reason for putting spawns that high up there does not outweigh the extra hassle it causes to you collectors.

I'm about halfway down with working through every Collection spawn point in the game, and hope to have the location bugs hotfixed before the end of the week.

We'll also be implementing a new model for collection item spawns with the next full patch (after the hotfix), which makes it much easier to click on them to collect. This should make collecting from those tough-to-reach spots significantly less obnoxious.

Continue to send in bugged spots so I can confirm they get fixed. Thanks!
  20. Rollyea New Member

Just went to shards landing to try to collect pieces for Fear in Pieces and I noticed that on bertox they are still stuck in the center crystal please can this be fixed no other pieces are repoping because there is 2 currently up.