Krono alternative

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dyluth, Nov 23, 2021.

1. Dyluth New Member

so krono is probably overabundant at this point would allowing krono to be converted to 1000 SC be a good thing to do? I realize the conversion is on the bad side for the player but I think many players would still find this acceptable.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

No
    Fenthen likes this.
  3. Dyluth New Member

could you elaborate?
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Enabling a conversion eliminates the separation of cash purchased currency exclusively used for the marketplace.

Krono is just how Darkpaw get in on the RMT Action instead of losing out to third parties who do absolutely nothing for the game.

They are entirely separate revenue streams and should stay that way, also while I may be wrong there are quite possibly legal ramifications involved in mixing them.
    Wdor, code-zero and Fenthen like this.
  5. Riou EQResource

Letting krono be used for 1500 DBC (same equivalent to 1 month sub) would be really cool, it's silly that it is not a thing yet
  6. Dyluth New Member

I think it would actually increase their revenue stream especially with a 1000 SC conversion at least in the long term they would probably lose some revenue in the first few months and then make it make in the next quarter or two and then increase their profit overall. as for the legal issue, I am fairly certain there isn't any issue.
  7. Dyluth New Member

it would be nice but that would be a near break even and their short term losses would take a lot longer to recover and turn to profit. at 1000 conversion their short term losses should recover fairly quick and then turn into a fairly nice increase in revenue.
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I thought they said in the past there was reasons that they couldn't do that.
  9. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Activision-Blizzard lets people redeem WoW tokens for Blizzard Bucks that can be spent in marketplace and to buy other games.
  10. Gialana Augur

Clicking a Krono is already worth 500 marketplace currency plus a month of All Access. So 1000 would be very short-changing to the player.

There's been at least one other thread on this topic, but I don't remember if there were any employee responses.
  11. Dyluth New Member

It's a separate thing. but yes it is a shortchange. But there are many examples of this. They would have to balance short term revenue loss, long term gain, and player adoption. I think most people would be willing and happy to click a krono for 1000 SC.
  12. Warpeace Augur

Lets pay $17 to get $10 in daybreak bucks...great math. I'm sure there would be legal problems.
  13. Fenthen aka Rath

Yeah, let's just not right now.
    Shindius likes this.
  14. Dyluth New Member

Yep, and I think many people would use it for the simple fact they are not spending money, they are using krono they bought with pp.
  15. Dyluth New Member

the only use of krono atm is membership. by adding 1000sc conversion you add value to the krono even with the price disparity.