Are there any new features in Terror of Luclin?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Geoux, Nov 23, 2021.

1. Geoux Lorekeeper

Reading through the announcement page, I can't find a single new feature listed in it. All I see are generic cut-and-paste blocks of descriptive text that can be applied to any expansion in EQ, aside from changing the location and mob names to be Luclin-relevant. Is there discussion elsewhere about any kind of game mechanical changes or uniquely interesting content, or is this another 'grind-and-go' vanilla expansion tacked on to just stay relevant and sell more unique 40+ slot bags?
  2. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

https://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/Terror_of_Luclin#Features

Features
    • All previous expansions
    • New Raids
    • New Quests, and Missions
    • New Spells, Combat Abilities, AAs
    • New Collection items
    • Level cap increase to 120
    • New Tradeskill recipes
    • Teleport Item Key Ring – every character on your account will get a 10-slot Key Ring to store teleportation items! You can add slots with marketplace items as you need them.
    Bigstomp, Geoux and Skuz like this.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Are there any new features in Terror of Luclin?

Just one.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Fenthen like this.
  4. Allworth Elder

This is a great question.

You would hope that with each EQ expansion would contain quality of life and client improvements that would benefit all EQ players, not just the privileged few that can shell out $200+ for a few zones, mounts, and more bags.

So far we have seen no videos of any of these zones and just one screenshot of each for the website.

They mention Maiden's Eye, Umbral Plains and Vex Thall. These are all existing zones from the Shadows of Luclin expansion. Are they being revamped just for the expansion? Will the old version of these zones simultaneously exist too?
  5. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I assume they are handling that, the same way as with the new Kunark and Velious flavored expansions.
    I expect the new zones to be graphical revamps with high level mobs, and the old Luclin zones to still be accessible.
    Wdor likes this.
  6. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

https://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/Terror_of_Luclin#Editions
    The Standard Edition is $34.99 and I believe if you are All Access you get a 10% discount (not confirmed).

They took the geometry and some lore from the Shadows of Luclin zones. These are new zones, and the old Shadows of Luclin zones are still there and still the same.
    Coagagin and Ozon like this.
  7. Nennius Curmudgeon

Wdor, Yinla, Winnowyl and 2 others like this.
  8. Geoux Lorekeeper

9. Geoux Lorekeeper

Looking at some of the entries, I think we're about due for a new Hardcore Heritage zone. Maybe we'll see one next summer.
  10. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Not exactly 'in' ToL, but the 64 bit change has to be a huge amount of developer work, that can lead to a lot of future improvements.

It's a major indicator that they plan to keep EQ growing for some time to come.
  11. Zolav Augur

Some kinda cool things in ToL.. cool new zones, some cool models.. but it is 100 perc lacking what has turned out (based on post after post in beta) what players really desire. At least some semblance of some kind of class balance/feedback work together thing to make all classes more viable. Most if not ALL classes have bugs, various issues and imbalances in power that really need to be addressed instead of ignored.. and I mean 100 perc ignored lol.

I said it in beta and I will say it here, Our characters are what link the real person to the land of Norrath.. that is what we hold most precious. To continue to let class issues (imbalance, gameplay bugs, disc timers that are entirely too long on and on) continue to flounder it is going to hurt them in subs. I know between me and my son we have 7 accounts. I normally buy 6-7 preorders.. my son has quit altogether and I only purchased one ToL exp.. and at this point that will be it (mainly cause I already bought it and its too late)

So not to crap on your post but be aware nothing in any class has changed much except the strong got stronger and everyone else is weaker in comparison.
    Duder likes this.
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I've fallen in love with the new rock golems. :)
    Qwalla and Zolav like this.
  13. Velisaris_MS Augur

After my All Access discount was applied, they applied the taxes, so I ended up saving a whopping $.90 on the standard edition.:(
    Fenthen likes this.
  14. Ashigaru Augur

When they originally posted about Terror of Luclin "three unique items" were mentioned - there hasn't been any reference to that since that line of text was deleted. Kinda curious to see what they are. I'd guess at:
    • Upgrade to Jann's veil from TBL (reward for completing missions)
    • Mount reward (reward for completing all quests)
    • Teleport key ring
    Wish there was a progressive quest reward / upgrade to the slot 18/19 items from TBL and TOV... but I suspect we may need to wait for another year
  15. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

We have a Mount Key Ring: https://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/Mount_Key_Ring

Slot 18/19 augmentations may be created if you do the Earring of Rallos Zek (EQ Resource, Township Rebellion) quests.
  16. Vizier Augur

Just buy the expac now and go see for yourself what we dont get in the beta forums.
    Fenthen likes this.
  17. The real Sandaormo Augur

On couple of our raids the Devs had a camera guy follow us around during the raids.I am sure there will be a video soon enough.

Also new as of last night, Beta was played at 64 bit ( no small feat ), it ran great for most but saw few with some issues ( possibly custom UI issues but weren't sure )

And yes the Rolling Rock Golems / Grabbers are great lol
  18. Ashigaru Augur

19. Svann2 The Magnificent

20. Bigstomp Augur

That sounds both amazing, and terrifying. Oops, I dropped the ball, and it's now in the expansion trailer.
    adetia, Svann2 and The real Sandaormo like this.