Amazon and Daybreak teaming up for the next EverQuest?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Risiko, Nov 19, 2021.

1. Bigstomp Augur

I'm as happy to beat on MS as the next person, being a linux fan for many years.
    But a bad idea for a game is a bad idea for a game.
    Eventually you need to ship it.

Things will be cooler if we adopt this new engine! ... No. Ship it. We need to play it.
    New engine in 2.0.
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I thought Pantheon was supposed to come out years ago? It's still not out? Wow. :)
    Shindius likes this.
  3. Corydon Augur

LOL no. Download the game. Play it for a few minutes if you can stand the wonky character steering. Uninstall and never look back. This is all they came up with after all these years. Even vaporware Star Citizen has more stuff. I'd love to witness the birth of a new great MMO but I personally lost all hope in Pantheon :confused:
  4. Zanarnar Augur

and they are about to change the combat system up yet again. A true sign of a game that will never really be finished is all of these restarts in development.

My money says, in the end, it will give Duke Nukem Forever a run for its money in terms of the development hell record held by DNF.
    Rasper Helpdesk and Shindius like this.
  5. Svann2 The Magnificent

What are you talking about "wonky character steering"?
    AFAIK its using the same character controls as EQ.
    Right+left mouse button or wasd if you prefer.
  6. Laronk Augur

It’s why i think people shouldn’t kickstarter or pre-purchase games (well except the week before or what ever if you want some special perk)

Also its laughable that they’re changing the combat system to hopefully get rid of “rotations” when some people in the community will theory craft the stuff and there’s going to be a best to do in xxx or yyy situation anyways. Just get it to the point where its smooth and not bad and focus on content and community. People don’t play EverQuest for its amazing combat system and nearly unplayable pvp, they play it for the community and the content.

While I can’t be sure but pantheon feels like its going to not have the content that a game with this many years in development should have. While the other poster i hope is joking about pantheon killing EQ I doubt it will actually have a good conversion rate unless EQ has a really bad expansion.
    Corwyhn Lionheart, Ozon and Skrab like this.
  7. Slasher Augur

That wasn't the case though. In the middle of development MS management changed and the person who approved the project was no longer with the company. Who knows what the game would of been with more time and not being rushed.
  8. Nolrog Augur

They added one and one and came up with bowling shoes. This is more wishful thinking than a reasonable deductive conclusion.