QQ Thread - Servers Lately

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Gengrel, Nov 19, 2021.

1. Gengrel Lorekeeper

I was just wondering where I can file my complaint for my 20 bucks back please for 50% xp potions on two accounts due to all these server resets and camp/pick losses and fighting people that train camps to get them first or find they are taken.

Thanks for listening to me cry
    That is all /sigh
  2. Leerah Augur

And long zone times. Can't add that up!
  3. Qelil Augur

I just woke up after a ridiculously long nap, like I remember eating lunch and laying down on the couch. Then I remember Henrietta and Shadow (my cats) both laying on my chest purring away. Suddenly I awoke to Shadow rubbing his head on my face and noticed it was dark outside! I asked Alexa what time it was and she replied that it was after 8:30 PM (EST)! So, I put on a pot of coffee, fed the kittens and eventually headed upstairs coffee in hand to the music room where I play EQ and noticed I was no longer logged in! What is this I wondered? Because I hate my ISP with a passion I thought it was probably their fault. Then I reasoned that perhaps it was yet another brief power interruption caused by the good folks who run the local electric utility here. But no. Instead the unthinkable has happened. Friday night at 9:00 PM EST the servers are down for two hours (maybe more) because my life is so hard and everything sucks now.

If I knew this was going to happen I never would have woken up!
  4. Nennius Curmudgeon

I lost several chances to die and get rezzed. I demand compensation for the lost opportunities to learn from death. Donuts with sprinkles are acceptable.
    Duder, Fanra and Qelil like this.
  5. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

LOL these threads never fail to disappoint.
    Wdor, Nolrog and Qelil like this.
  6. Leerah Augur

You drank coffee at 9PM?
    Wdor and Shindius like this.
  7. Benito EQ player since 2001.

If you're not being sarcastic, GMs would more than likely reimburse your xp potions under these cirumstances if you file a /petition.
    Fenthen and Duder like this.
  8. Spacemonkey555 Augur

If he slept from lunch to 8:30pm that's not really surprising, it's not like going to bed is gonna work without drugs at that point.
    Winnowyl likes this.
  9. Bigstomp Augur

It's amazing how many 'new member's have multiple accounts to worry about.
    Tarvas, Wdor and Randomized like this.
  10. Qelil Augur

Absolutely! I can't function without my rocket fuel. I can't help it if a nap happens to me. I still need to fully regain consciousness when the kittens wake me up.

I have noticed there are plenty of other people who for whatever reasons just happen to find themselves in Norrath all night long as well sometimes. I would imagine some of them drink coffee then too. Given how incredibly fast they send tells for free TA's in general chat I would say they may even drink more of it than I do.
    Wdor and MasterMagnus like this.
  11. Sissruukk Rogue One

I have a guildie that drinks coffee at all times of the day. She has a bard with a name that matches her addiction.
    Qelil and Winnowyl like this.
  12. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

Something about that just gives me the giggles. My roommate's druid's name is Viciado. It means addicted in Portuguese. It was the second character he made. Man is presentient.
  13. Randomized Augur

I'm that person. Caffeine doesn't have the "jittery" or "you no sleep no mo" effect on me (side effects do occur on lots of coffee/caffeine and an empty stomach though).

I drink coffee on a 90 degree day. Love the flavors and the aroma.
  14. Leerah Augur

Well, in the Old Days, I had to get up at 5AM to get the boys off to school.
    I always had a delicate body clock. Since the boys are all grown, I've reverted to my natural 2-9AM cycle. But a coffee, a sudafed (the good kind) or a prednisone will have me awake until 5AM.

I've always admired men's ability to go to sleep on command!

Coffee does seem to give you the ability to be fine with a 20 minute nap. Whereas we non-users can (have to?) nap for 2 hours.

Wdor likes this.
  15. Randomized Augur

Coffee naps are a thing - you drink a coffee and then go lay down and take a power nap. 15-30 minutes or so. It takes about that long for the caffeine to hit your system and actually begin working. If you can actually hit that deep sleep it's the go to thing for me .....and as a man, I can say my ability to fall asleep wherever and whenever I want is superb
    Wdor, Qelil, Leerah and 1 other person like this.
  16. Dilquan Augur

Pos servers.
  17. Svann2 The Magnificent

And I farmed a true north clickie - twice - for nothing.
    OK that was OT, but still.
  18. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

I've got one on each of my rogue and bard. But at least we'll have it in the future!
  19. Thunderkiks Augur

I farmed 6, I'm good with it just being a placeable item hehe
    Winnowyl likes this.
  20. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Hopefully, we get a little something tossed our way. It sucks to go through rollbacks.
    Gengrel likes this.