Cannot Reproduce Unable to complete lobby quest

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by CatsPaws, Nov 18, 2021.

1. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Well, it happened. Removing those merchants in the lobby messed up this quest:

Guilds & The Guild Lobby

Part of which it to talk to those guys:

Speak to a disciple of Luclin

There are two, one on each side of the big room. They are in the same room with bankers, soul binders and corpse summoners.

And that in turn messes up the achievement

Achievement: Tutorials - Out of Gloomingdeep

This is not something that can be done in Gloomingdeep but a separate quest line the Devs put in the game to help returning players of ALL levels complete the tutorial quests.

Please return the merchants and fix this quest. Other wise no one can complete "Hero's Journey"

At least now there is a bug report now to click "like" on so this can get the attention it deserves
    Rashari, Yinla, MasterMagnus and 8 others like this.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Wdor and Celephane like this.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Ah and I just realized this is the only way to get into the game provided guild "Novices of (insert server name here) which is the other reward for completing this.

No new/returning players will be able to join that guild for ports.
    MasterMagnus and Wdor like this.
  4. Ngreth Thergn Developer

We will adjust the quest.
    Wdor likes this.
  5. Elyssanda Bardbrain

please just return the 2 merchants.. No need to make more congestion at the Magus with her being the only merchant in the Lobby now.
    Aanuvane, Fanra and Wdor like this.
  6. Velisaris_MS Augur

Dude, why do you people always choose to take the hard way to solve a problem? Just put the merchants back and move on to other issues.
    Elyssanda and Joules_Bianchi like this.
  7. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Great catch as always Cats.

At one level, I suppose, it's too much to expect anyone involved in making this change to have created a character and gone through the basics enough to know all the uses of those 'priests'.

At a deeper level, even with all the talk of converting from flat files to database, it seems there is no easy way for them to reference every instance where a particular NPC interacts with code.

No query for every quest, item, reference in npc's text (other npcs, items, quests etc.)?

/smh
  8. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Kesiri Dawnlark will get you started ;)
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

If you aren't going yo return them, can you at least tell us why they were removed?
    Rashari likes this.
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Any ETA for when this will be "adjusted" so players can get into that guild?

Or get those ach?
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Considering the quest is to instruct people on how to summon corpses fixing the quest to account for the changes seems like the correct thing to do and has nothing to do with the merchants being there.
  12. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I marked this as confirmed without actually checking in game, trusting you guys to have actually found a bug, not simply assuming there was a bug.

The quest no longer asks you to speak to a disciple, but instead a priest, and is completable. This is currently live and you can currently complete this quest and gain the achievement.

I just personally completed this quest on a live server.
    Thunderkiks and MasterMagnus like this.
  13. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yeha, my bad for not running an alt through it until just now. I too just completed it. :D

Assumed if a quest was changed it would have been noted on the patch.

Maybe I can come up with another reason to keep those guys in the lobby. ;)
  14. Horse Journeyman

Is this a good spot to cast my vote to keep the NPC merchants in the GL?
  15. Tyranthraxus Grognard

Or replace with a parcel /potion vendor
  16. Thunderkiks Augur

On beta they have been replaced and are the reagent vendors
    MasterMagnus and CatsPaws like this.
  17. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Good info, thanks.
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  18. Thunderkiks Augur

Welcome =)