Please Bring Back Soulstone Merchants (without soulstones)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fanra, Nov 17, 2021.

1. Diani Augur

Tradeskill stuff, weird/rare items for quests, armor and such that can be sold in the bazaar for more.
    Among my top finds are:
    Slime Blood of Cazic Thule
    450 olives
    Robe of Alendin
    700 prestidigitase
    All kinds of Rain of Fear items
    20000 misty picnics
    Coagagin and Wdor like this.
  2. Gialana Augur

This is going to be server-specific. On mine, people leave their characters afk in the lobby for the MGB. Some afk in PoK, but only a fraction of the amount that afk in the lobby.

It sounds like the opposite is true on your server, so your suggestion might help for your server. On other servers, it might make the lobby worse.
    Wdor and Fenthen like this.
  3. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

I can't see how it would make it worse. it wouldn't change the number of active payers and lag, as anyone who uses PoK would stay in PoK, it would only add functionality to the existing zone. It's not like anyone would bypass PoK parcels just to go to lobby/ As far as lag, the player count matters. What they're doing, other than casting buffs and such, doesn't mean more lag. This is a knee-jerk argument.

I play on servers where afk piles are Lobby / PoK /Both because it takes longer to zone in and out of the lobby to--- get to parcels, etc.
    Fenthen likes this.
  4. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I mean, why shouldn't EverQuest have a shooting gallery?

- Step right up! Step right up! Test your archery skill, win a prize!
    Fanra and Fenthen like this.
  5. Randomized Augur

If you think the lag is bad around the PoK conveniences...try shoving all that lag into 1/10 the size of the zone of PoK. And in PoK, people spread out and use different areas as well. In Lobby, it would all be congested to those 1-2 areas....again, in a zone 10% the size of PoK
  6. Tatanka Joe Schmo

LOL, sounds like someone got stomped by the RNG while skilling up their baking ;)
    Winnowyl and Wdor like this.
  7. Dilquan Augur

May as well take death out of the game at this point.
    Wdor likes this.
  8. Paladin Augur

Ya know... this seems like yet another bit of evidence that the Devs are more and more about limiting items in EQ. That is, Adding as few new items as possible and eliminating old items where possible. Dragon Hoard was part of this too, imo.

If I am right Devs, here are some suggestions for you...

1) There are foraged items that are 100% useless (they don't sell, tribute or tradeskill). So, eliminate all such "flavor" items from the forage tables;

2) Eliminate the Fished junk (the Rusty Dagger & Tattered Cloth Sandal);

3) Eliminate "flavor" items that drop from MOB's that have no Vendor, Tradeskill or Tribute value...

4) REPURPOSE existing items. Instead of adding new tradeskill Powders, Bricks, Gems and so forth... there are plenty of older items that can be re-purposed (modified) as Tradeskills items... and / or old Tradeskill items can be re-used as well. Example, there are plenty of Metal / Brick / Ore type, Powder-like, Gem-like, Plant-like and even fish items that are not used for anything other than as Vendor loot, food or drink. Upgrade them to be Tradeskill items and simply re-use them for new recipes, as well as adding them to the loot tables for the new expansion / zones that apply. Example, the gems that drop in the original Cobalt Scar. Cultural Ores & Powders. Mecurium.
  9. Barton The Mischievous

Vendor diving aside. The removal makes even more folks clump up near the magus, not all servers have issues with that area already being insanely crowded but some do. In some cases the lag there was horrible even before this change
    Joules_Bianchi likes this.
  10. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Wait until after 64 bit servers, then I'd revisit the glut of useless functionless or orphaned items. quest pieces for quests never added as devs left, etc.
    Wdor likes this.
  11. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Ok this removal of these merchants affects a quest which requires you to speak to them

So I file a bug report.

I believe that will get more attention in that forum since they say to click "like on the first post if it affects you"
    Wdor and Elyssanda like this.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I would guess they just change the quest to speak to the "A Priest of Luclin" as it is there to help players learn how to summon corpses and those merchants are no longer needed for that. There is really no point in having them talk to a merchant that is no longer part of that process.
    Joules_Bianchi likes this.
  13. Aanuvane Augur

No. Clearing all the vendors out of PoK several years ago caused a similar revolt :)
    Rondor, Winnowyl, Wdor and 2 others like this.
  14. Madeni Elder

As long as I get to the merchants before Elyssanda I find good stuffs..

I found an AoN once, Centi Longswords, multiple Cragbeast blood, hundreds of Ethernere Essence, Planar Energy shards, spell gems, old weapons and gear with great tribute value.
  15. Elyssanda Bardbrain

ok I have a vendor diving problem.. we all know it. =D

Best finds?
    4k+ exquisite silks and 7k+ befouled silk same day, same merchant..
    lots of the old rare stuff from Gates-HoT when people were doing the hunters this year.. I stockpiled.. then gave it to people doing their 300-350 runs..
    Rondor and Wdor like this.
  16. Wdor Thief, Assassin, Purveyor of Fine Poisons

Indeed. I once found about 2000. I still have about 500. Over 15 years later. I wonder how much my fellow dumpster diver has of those 20k. Throwing them back in another dumpster is just wrong IMHO.
    Winnowyl likes this.
  17. Nennius Curmudgeon

You are not alone. You can find help and get treatment. May I suggest the following.

1. Admit that you are powerless over your addiction to vendor diving–that your life has become unmanageable.

2. Come to believe that a Power greater than yourself can restore you to sanity.

3. Make a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of Brell as you will learn to understood his mighty self.

4. Make a searching and fearless moral inventory of yourself. The Find function can help with this.

5. Admit to Brell, to yourself, and to a dwarf, and if absolutely necessary even a lowly human character the exact nature of our wrongs.

6. Do all that is needed to be entirely ready to have Brell remove all these defects of character.

7. Humbly ask Brell and a GM to remove your shortcomings.

8. Make a list of persons you have harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all. Gifts of krono are best.

9. Choose to make direct amends to such people in a timely basis wherever possible, depending upon lag and the patch schedule.

10. Continue to take personal inventory and when you find that you have an abundance of krono, to rid yourself of this filthy lucre by gifting generous amount to every dwarf you may come across.

11. Seek through prayer and staring at our spellbook, err, remembering to sit down to improve your conscious contact with Brell as you may be permitted to understood the mighty one, praying for the knowledge of Brell’s will for you and the power to carry that out.

12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, you must try to carry this message to other scurvy, besotted, greedy, lag inducing vendor divers and to call them to repentance in general chat often until the entire server has you on ignore. You must then plan to persist through the evil, vile, intrusive, annoying, practice of cross-server chatting until you truly are hated by all.
  18. Wdor Thief, Assassin, Purveyor of Fine Poisons

Hi Elyssanda! I too am a hopeless hoarder welcome to the group. New guy brings the donuts their second week.
    Nennius likes this.
  19. Nennius Curmudgeon

Sprinkles on top please.
  20. Elyssanda Bardbrain

new hahaahahhaha... ask the serverwide.eqtraders channel how new I am to this, or ask the server Luclin.. or Cazic..
    or ask Jennre, I made a bard on Xegony just to help him with TS supplies because I KNOW how to vendor dive so well.. hell an hour after making her, I was vendor diving in CR (had to make some cash first ya know) picked up some cinnamon sticks off a vendor about 30 minutes before he shot me a message going where do I get cinnamon sticks for this recipe? I said Oh I've got like 7 lemme send them to you..he was shocked I already had some.

I've been hoarding TS supplies since I started playing EQ a long long time ago..
    Barton likes this.