BST Burns

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Randomized, Sep 9, 2021.

1. Tucoh Augur

Holy smokes.

[IMG]

Thanks for the schooling!
    Randomized and Iribabh like this.
  2. Iribabh Augur

I'd say that's an accurate gif
  3. Badname3245 Lorekeeper

I thought bst's were under a 60% HHE from Frenzy of Spirit and thus should be using 2hb? Some even advised using the hardest hitting slowest 2hb over the monk bst 2hb due to how impactful HHE is.
  4. Iribabh Augur

Slower 2hb is a dps loss. Under full burns on live currently yes 2hb pulls ahead (and in a few other situations I've outlined in several other posts).
  5. Randomized Augur

As for just regular play, outside of optimized dps burn, is it better to dual wield or run a 2hb. Just due to the amount of procs, I've been running dual wield just because
  6. Alnitak Augur

Ugh, yeah, I forgot to count in Frenzy of Spirit as I cast Ruaabri's Fury anyway to speed up the group.
    With 60% HH the effective delay is even lower at 0.32sec, which makes 0.3 cast-time spells even more taxing.

And 2HB ws DW H2H is about dps during burn, meanwhile I was using Zlandicar burn example with BST tanking. My BST survives on Bloodlust triggering Vampiric Draw of two h2h weapons aided by Vampiric Aura. Overall, the typical self-heal amounts to 1.5-1.8 million HP, with over 1 mil coming from weapon proces. If I use 2HB for increased dps - I am toast.
  7. Iribabh Augur

On live outside of burns and/or having both shm + brd epics (and the requisite bard songs you'd have with that epic) dual wield is better.

In ToL currently that shifts and dual wield is becoming more significant and in fact even during my big burn phase I mostly stay on dual wield. 2h technically pulls ahead but in a much less significant way and depending what and when I'm burning I'd rather have the survival afforded by having life leech procs on my weapon.
    Randomized likes this.
  8. Randomized Augur

Much obliged :) one last question if you will.

How does one determine if one gets an upgrade for dual wield vs 2hb?

Like currently I know I've got a https://items.eqresource.com/items.php?id=163147 and another similar weapon for dual wielding, but my 2hb weapon is a https://items.eqresource.com/items.php?id=163161

Upgrading 1handed weapons is easy when compared to other 1handed weapons, but trying to covert from dual wielding to 2hand for upgrades I get lost
  9. Iribabh Augur

You parse it.

A simple(ish) rule is if they're on the same tier of quality then likely my above statement holds true. Also all my statements are specific to the use of the mnk/bst only weapons which have 18 delay. You go using something else and results change. That 1h you linked is slower than your 2h. Prolly you wanna just use your 2h until you get 2 of the appropriate weapon type. Couldn't say for positive that is the case without parsing it but I can't imagine dual wielding some slow weapons with lower ratios is going to out perform the faster class specific stuff.
  10. Randomized Augur

Fair enough :)

My second 1hander is the monk/bst specific weapon https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=136666

So I do feel like I'd be better off with the 2hander due to the delay/ratio and my offhand being an off weapon. Thanks for the info good sir!