Why am I back to checking if a new tlp is going to drop WTF.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Moforyguy12345, Nov 1, 2021.

1. Manafasto Augur

I logged on Rizlona for the first time in two months and the Bazaar was totally empty. Are people still playing?
  2. Triconix Augur

https://eqresource.com/serverstatus.php
    It's one of the highest population servers, rivaling Mischief. Just because you decided to blindfold yourself, it doesn't mean somebody turned off the lights.
    code-zero likes this.
  3. minimind The Village Idiot

If any of us could help, we wouldn't be in the place to read your post. ;)
  4. Gremin Augur

TBH most folks are not selling in the bazaar because GoD does not have much you would want to sell. It will easily pick back up come OoW. I was pulling in easy 100k a week before GoD hit.
  5. ExecutionDbl9 Druid / Shadow Knight / Necromancer

I don't entirely agree. I spent most of my time in the OG-EQ days as a solo'er. My friends did play, but they weren't as invested in the game as I was, and so it was pretty much just me on my lonesome. I never joined guilds, and tbh never really made any in game friends in EQ. I *do* have good memories of the game with friends, but for me, the nostalgia exists because of what the game itself did, and it's why I can get back into it even today and play, even solo.

I honestly do wish I could relive the glory days of EQ, because even TLP's or P99 don't capture the same magic when the servers are so empty and quiet, even the highest pop ones. While playing today does give me a sense of happiness and joy, it will unfortunately never be able to match what it once was, simply because it's not 23 years ago anymore and except for a few of us, most everyone has long since moved on.
    code-zero likes this.
  6. Disturbed99x New Member

I'm still loving agnarr....
  7. Loviticus Elder

This is my confusion too. Those folks are robbing themselves of the real fun. Come build new memories in PoP and beyond! Stop lying to yourself that the game gets bad because it actually only gets better, more interesting, and more challenging.
  8. Moforyguy12345 Augur

The reason why I don't play past Luclin is because as the expansions continue it becomes more and more less social. Not a fan of mercenary's and being able to solo content alone. EVerquest became more like WOW to compete with it. The early expansions demand people socialize cuz different classes provide different services.
    ExecutionDbl9 likes this.
  9. Triconix Augur

Sounds like a you problem. I rarely, if ever, just sit there with mercs. Almost everything I do in TLP or Live is with my same group of friends.
    code-zero likes this.
  10. Moforyguy12345 Augur

Not a problem at all. That is why I play the expansions I play.
    ExecutionDbl9 likes this.
  11. ExecutionDbl9 Druid / Shadow Knight / Necromancer

Agreed.

tbf I'd be perfectly content with vanilla EQ.
  12. code-zero Augur

So in other words people aren't having fun the right way?
  13. Machen New Member

You realize there is a year and a half of content in between Luclin and mercenaries? Very little of which is soloable...
    Triconix, Catalina and hooplebogart like this.
  14. Moforyguy12345 Augur

That's right if they aren't going to have fun my way then I don't wanna play with them!
  15. PotatoPowa Elder

It's time. You know it - we all know it. We can feel it. Our bodies are ready. The moon is full and our skin is tingly.

PVP. TLP. UNLEASH A NEW ZEK.

Open world: contested. Pickzones: safe zones (for bluebies). 4-level gap. 2 teams: good/neutral vs evil.

Expansion goes no further than Vellious. Option: seasonal. Server reboot at the end of each vellious / luclin period. Whatever.

Or hell you could just keep it at classic, when pvp was at its best. Boredom of same zones will be offset by the chance to grief your enemies. No communications between enemy teams to ease the burden on customer service ("he used a bad word, wahh /petition" when someone kills you.)

Training allowed. No holds barred. No play nice.

Gentlemen I ask you: My body is ready. IS YOUR BODY READY?
  16. Machen New Member

What in the world would be the point?

There should not be safe zones on a PVP server. If most of the server is safe, you aren't going to have meaningful pvp.
  17. Dailor Augur

Selo's debuting in Luclin was low key the best thing to ever happen in EQ.
  18. HekkHekkHekk Augur

Inject this into my veins.
  19. PotatoPowa Elder

I agree. But you know how it is. Some people like their PVE spiced with a little PVP. Some people are hardcore reddies who wanna do nothing but grief and be griefed. The hardcore would be free to stay in contested territory. The timid, just dipping their toes in the red, would have respite, to get their levels and gear. (I would suggest coin loot only, and also a point system for bragging rights, with possible unique loot purchases with kill points. Of course this could be exploited by people who set up multiple accounts just to kill them. But hey, so what. Daybreak would get extra active accounts that way.)

As for safe/respite areas, I view it as like fishing rules. You throw back a fish that is too small so as not to grief them all out of the river. We have to look after our semi-red bluebies, so they don't flee when the grief gets too much for them.

That way, there is more grief, murder and salty tears for us to enjoy, as we butcher them if and when opportunity allows. But we don't hurt their FEEEEEELINGS so badly that they can't hack it after a week and quit forever. Hence, giving them a little respite here and there.

(And I know for a fact there are a bunch of oldschool zekkers who would come out of the woodwork and be all over this kind of server. And the peeps who still play the red emus. It'd legit likely bring new players / old returning players back into the game, rather than just scooping them off older servers and shuffling them around).

Also faction could be a cool thing. Guards could assist whoever has ally faction, if one player attacks another. Faction would seriously matter that way. (Suppose both players have max ally, the guards would assist whoever got attacked first).
  20. Corydon Augur

Because it fills a hole in you.