Plans for Heroic Toons?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Razorfall, Nov 17, 2021.

1. Razorfall Augur

So with the expansion increasing the level to 120, are there any plans to increase the level on the heroic characters? 115 is the current max lvl they can group with someone at this time.
    Fanra likes this.
  2. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I was thinking this. They need a bump up to 90.
    Veteran_BetaTester likes this.
  3. Szilent Augur

That would be a short-sighted change, only lasting as a fix for two years (year and a half if they were thus fixed in the coming summer)

To match the gap as when they debuted, NewHeroics in this Luclin era would be 105. It's a fine number as it fills in the first hefty block of Focus AA, and folks can immediately start looting Selrachs to upgrade or nearly-immediately buy Conflagrant armors. It jumps past the sillyness of Broken Mirror armor assembly.
    Randomized, Ozon and Iribabh like this.
  4. Iribabh Augur

In standard "hit the thesaurus" fashion they could keep heroic's as they stand and add "Courageous" characters that cost 500-1000DBC more and go to that 105 with either Selrach's or honestly make it 106 and Conflag gear.

Give people an option to continue with the cheaper lower level or splurge and get that bigger boost.
    Wdor likes this.
  5. Szilent Augur

a 105 would start with Cohort's-alike armor.
  6. GNOME_POWER Augur

At some point the level will be raised, but I think it will be limited to those who have signed up for ALL ACCESS and New Additional Memberships.
  7. Nennius Curmudgeon

And not a perk? Up one month, down the next...
  8. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

110 or bust, EW/GD are basically easy zones like back in HoT. Small fort camp in EW makes it a good candidate as a heroic hub area. Spell vendors are already there. Just grant the J5 merc and don’t worry about that quest line.

As far as hot bars and abilities just ask the community to submit layouts because there’s a 0% chance that the devs understand modern classes.
  9. Greml New Member

As a guy who loves this game, and has played this game off and on (mostly on) for 20 of my 33 years, community generated UI/hotbar set ups/ downloadable ui/hotbutton for classes would get me back in. Seems kinda ridiculous but man that's held me back and friends I've had play with me.
  10. Velisaris_MS Augur

Someone in another thread made the suggestion that heroic characters should be handled like beta characters, whrere you can hail an NPC and be buffed to a specific level.

I like that idea...have an NPC in PoK that a heroic charcter can just hail and have their level bumped to whatever the current max level was for a certain number of expansions back. For example, max level now is 115 (soon to be 120), so bump HCs up to RoF level (100). It would just be a level increase; they'd still have to get spells and gear, but would get the autogrant AAs.
    Fenthen likes this.
  11. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

My guess:

- Introducing level 105 Heroic Characters!!
  12. Fenthen aka Rath

Hanita has entered the chat.
    Selling powerlevel services!
    Hanita has left the chat.

...exactly 35 minutes later...
    Hanita has re-entered the chat.
  13. Laronk Augur

The layouts on the current heroic characters are trash anyways,