Please Bring Back Soulstone Merchants (without soulstones)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fanra, Nov 17, 2021.

1. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Fantastic! I love it. Thank you very much.

One thing, however, please put in the place of the two merchants who sold the soulstones two Basic Items, Parcels and Noble Exchange vendors like the ones found in the bazaar/LDoN camps.

This is mentioned in a Beta thread but I think it needs to be here so everyone can chime in. In the Guild Lobby now there is, I believe, only one merchant, Magus Alaria (Magus). Many of us use the merchants there for "vendor diving", that is, checking them for items other players have sold to them.

Every NPC merchant only offers so many different items. With 2/3 fewer merchants in the zone, that means 2/3 fewer items available.

Please place two NPC Basic Items, Parcels and Noble Exchange vendors like the ones found in the bazaar/LDoN camps in the spots where the two A Disciple of Luclin stood.

Thank you.

EDITED to include suggestion by Aanuvane that they be Parcels and Noble Exchange vendors instead of just basic item merchants.
    Annastasya, Winnowyl, Moege and 17 others like this.
  2. Elyssanda Bardbrain

100% agree, remove the soulstones, fine, but do not take away the vendors.
  3. Aanuvane Augur

Please replace them with Parcels and Noble Exchange vendors like the ones found in the bazaar/LDoN camps. Pretty please?
    Qelil, Winnowyl, Khoza and 6 others like this.
  4. Wdor Thief, Assassin, Purveyor of Fine Poisons

Please resurrect them. I need to be able to dive into my two favorite dumpsters. Screws up my entire route. Please, hopeless hoarders everywhere matter too!
    Winnowyl, Elyssanda, Diani and 3 others like this.
  5. Act of Valor The Newest Member

What are some special or interesting items have you found by vendor diving, out of curiosity?
    Wdor likes this.
  6. Wdor Thief, Assassin, Purveyor of Fine Poisons

Many different things. Mostly tradeskill items. Sometimes very rare, in demand items such as Pyrilen Flame, (A) Drop of Pure Rain, etc. As a rogue, I find tons of poison making components. The occasional gear upgrade for some of my younger alts. Very high tribute items are quite common. As far as these go, I buy anything that is tributable for 10 x the cost, or higher.

Of course I find these things all over the world, but, the two vendors that were removed were two of the hottest dumpsters.
    Winnowyl likes this.
  7. Wdor Thief, Assassin, Purveyor of Fine Poisons

Slightly off topic, but it needs to be said. When dumpster diving always remember FEET FIRST, FIRST TIME.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  8. Velisaris_MS Augur

Tradeskill drops, mainly. I've been able to find stacks of various components on merchants over the years that would have taken me weeks or months to farm myself.

Also, you can sometimes run across things you can give to toons you're leveling up.

Sometimes, you can find a gold mine of tribute items for just a few plat.
    Winnowyl and Wdor like this.
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Even though we are supposed to click like on the first post in bug report forums to show support - I also clicked it on this one.

Eliminating these two leaves just one NPC to interact with for selling/buying.

Many players use the soulbinders in these rooms to port back and these merchants were just a short step away to unload items without have to fight through the congestion in the middle or on the sides of the lobby to get to the Magus.

Although every server is different, my server has a lot of congestion around the Magus. If you play on a dead server then you might have clear halls or archways near the Magus and not feel this is an issue.

And consider that when you zone out of the guild halls then your character is placed almost on top of the Magus. Now if you want to use the Magus for ports your going to have to wade thru this mess. This just makes for a huge cluster. And its not a chocolate peanut cluster although the color is the same.

If you are trying to decrease the use of the lobby (since everyone complains about the lag in there) then you really did it by eliminating these merchants.

Please bring back these NPC. Even if its as parcel merchants or just the regular merchant we need them!!

***Lobby Merchants Matter***
    Winnowyl, Wdor, Barton and 2 others like this.
  10. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

The convenience of having nearby vendors cannot be overstated. It's helpful for players to sell, and helpful for players to dumpster dive.

It's a win-win with zero downsides. Please bring the Lobby vendors back.
    Wdor and Joules_Bianchi like this.
  11. Fenthen aka Rath

I didn't really ever use the guild lobby summoners, but I totally understand their appeal. It would be nice if each side (east/west) had a function in them, otherwise it's just a lot of wasted space. I would also be happy to see some tradeskill vendors and combine tables too, since the PoK small bank - Caden area gets SUPER clogged up.
    Wdor, Joules_Bianchi and Rashari like this.
  12. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

This-

Parcel NPC should have been in the lobby since they entered game. guild lobby is literally the hub of EQ. Why force Throne of Heroes / Gate to lobby characters to zone twice to mail items?

Neighborhood zones often won't spin up in time and characters are placed randomly and PoK is lagfest already.
    Elyssanda, Wdor and Fenthen like this.
  13. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

The summoners and soul binders are still there and many do use them, the bankers are still there. Priest of Discord is still down the hall.

At this point lets just try and get the 2 merchants back.;)
    Wdor likes this.
  14. Fenthen aka Rath

Also some carnival rides, a cotton candy vendor, ooohhh and that game where you try to shoot the duckies.
    Coagagin and CatsPaws like this.
  15. Maedhros High King

I feel like if this means people will have to leave the lobby and instead hang out in POK its a wonderful side effect to removing those venders.
    There are probably 10,000 venders in POK very excitedly awaiting your business.
    10/10.
    Coagagin likes this.
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

That just makes PoK even more laggy than it already is, if any zone needs to lose vendors its PoK not guild lobby.
    Wdor, Barton, Fenthen and 2 others like this.
  17. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Boxers especially with Teleport Bind characters, etc, prefer PoK for the quick camp and MGB pile and the elimination of zone times to and from lobby and or fails of Sunrise Hills to spin up in timely fashion.

The lobby should have all basic services, like general goods merchant on PoK with scales, tiny daggers, etc. Likewise potion vendors. Replace one of the 2 guild boarsd rooms, lobby only need 1 board, not 20 of them in 2 rooms.
    Aanuvane and Wdor like this.
  18. Maedhros High King

Ugh no thanks to all that extra crap in lobby.
  19. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Why? it's the main lobby of an MMO. More vendors would lessen the PoK lag pile and NPCs are static and add no lag. MOST servers the AFK pile is in PoK for convenience. Lessening the traffic to parcels and banks there would be a help.
    Fenthen likes this.
  20. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

I edited the previous post and it dropped it as a new post...