How do I turn off UI for a screenshot?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Goranothos, Nov 17, 2021.

1. Goranothos Augur

Title says it all. My nephew, who got me into EQ way back in 2001, has become quite a good painter. He told me to take some screenshots of "an iconic EQ landscape" and he would paint it for me. :)

So firstly, I forgot how to turn off my UI so I can get him a clean screenshot. Secondly, any suggestions about what would be a good screenshot for him to paint? What he specifically wants is a distant shot of something iconic, so I'm going to limit it to Classic, Kunark, or Velious. I'm on a live server, so no zones that have had their graphics revamped.
    Shindius likes this.
  2. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

F10 default key.
    Goranothos likes this.
  3. Bobokin Augur

F10 will eliminate the UI

F9 will change views

The "-" (minus) key will save a screenshot to your EQ screenshots folder.

The scroll wheel on the mouse will bring you in and out of first and third person and allow rotation and mouse view with the mouse and right or left button holds.
    Wdor, Shindius and Goranothos like this.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I prefer to just do a screen shot and then upload it to IMGUR and then edit it in there. Its free and easy.

That way you can manipulate what you want show better. I notice that sometimes the F keys take out too much and there is no way to just leave one window etc.

As for which zones, Everfrost is nice with all that snow and trees. Maybe some of the dungeons in ldon where stuff is hanging from the ceiling and puddles of water all around. The zones with boat areas are cool cause they show water and boat ramps or even the Void where there are just arches floating around.
    Goranothos likes this.
  5. Goranothos Augur

Ah, I forgot about that. I've gotten used to using the "Geforce Experience" app for screenshots and videos.
    Shindius likes this.
  6. Sissruukk Rogue One

The entrance to Kaladim is pretty nice with the giant dwarf statue over the tunnel entrance. Of course, I could be bias in my suggestion here...
    Crystilla, Elyssanda and Goranothos like this.
  7. Bobokin Augur

Well, there are a few rooms in Neriak that would make great paintings. :eek:
    Goranothos likes this.
  8. Goranothos Augur

Isn't that kinda like a jumbo shrimp? ;-)
    Skuz, Bobokin and Sissruukk like this.
  9. Iven the Lunatic

18 classic zones on the live servers got revamped with the Prophecy of Ro expansion which is about 1/4. The whole area far around Freeport and Freeport itself and alot more. No revamps on Faydwer beside the Steamfont Mountains. Take a view on the screenshot gallery of my website. You will only see original zones from Classic to Velious and alot iconic scenes.
    Goranothos likes this.
  10. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

as noted above, the UI hide is F10. In the future, if you have questions about what key does what. Alt O (options) Keys tab lists all keystroke commands and offers the ability to view, set, reset which keys do what.

As an avid EQ photograhper I can also add- Windows Key and Print Screen System Req buttons also will screenshot and the images are brighter and crisper. Depending on mood and setting, I use both types of screenshot.
    Mukkul, Nennius and Goranothos like this.
  11. Goranothos Augur

That is an amazing collection! Thank you, Sir!
  12. Crystilla Augur

Most of these are not specifically in your classic zones but that's because the art tools became so much better later on. Here are some of my most iconic scenery favorites:

• The 2nd floor area of Shadowhaven (back in 2000-2001 era, very few knew it was there and it's a plant oasis).
    • Plane of Fire (from Plane of Time era), turn on your effects and when you sit at the zone in or on the hill in the beginning and look at the trees. It's a very dark image but the tree tops are all on fire.
    • Deathknell (the old raid zone) - after you beat the first event and you're working your way down that hallway, all of the of the stained glass windows are just downright gorgeous!
    • Rubak Oseka (off of Sarith in Veil of Alaris expansion) - Going downward inside this seashell has all of the pearlescent, iridescent walls so clear out 1 room and screenshot galore.
    • Morell's Castle - Candyland area and some of the others is so farfetched and unusual
    • Plane of Fear (the fire ring)
    • Brell's Rest - Screenshotting near the entrance looking toward Brell's Temple (or go inside Brell's temple and take that screenshot of the large statue)
    • Cooling Chambers where the water changes color from red (hot) to blue (cold)
    • SSra temple
    • Vex Thall
    • Kael Drakel - Everything is so much larger here
    • Plane of Innovation in the center building
    • Riftseeker's Sanctum is pretty cool with the red/blue color scheme
    • Ashengate or Frostcrypt offer some cool scenery
    • Relic or Theatre of Blood
    • Brother Island of Thulissaur island (who doesn't love dinosaurs in EQ lol!)
    Bruteforce, Goranothos and Skuz like this.
  13. Aradar New Member

Waitwhat likes this.
  14. Iven the Lunatic

Nice one Aradar. Which zone (instance) is on screenshot EQ000106.jpg with the giant rats ? I want to go to there ! My guess is thats its one of the level 66 instanced zones that are connected to Dranik's Scar.
  15. Act of Valor The Newest Member

I've always been happy with the Karanas at sunset.
  16. Aradar New Member

17. Gialana Augur

Aradar likes this.