Test Update 11/09/2021 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Nov 9, 2021.

1. zleski Augur

Hot take -

Leave the vendors out to spread people around outside of the lobby. There are other zones with merchants. The lobby is laggy enough as it is.
    Yinla and Mongol311 like this.
  2. Barton The Mischievous

Super Hot Take-
    Leaving the vendors out won't make people in the Guild Lobby spread out. It will just make everyone have to use the magus(vendor). Making the area by the Guild Halls more crowded
  3. Iven the Lunatic

Claws of Velious ftw !

Maybe you fellow players could explain more detailed why the soulstone NPC vendors should NOT be removed ?! Are you serious ? Just because players sold tradeskill items to them which can be rebuyable ? Players would just sell their junk to another NPC nearby like the Magus after the remove.
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I believe the main reason is on most servers there is a cluster right at the magus in the doorway to the main lobby. I understand from previous posts that many players have issues with the lag in the lobby to begin with. So by funneling all the selling or interactions to one NPC then the removal of the other NPC will add to this cluster.

This is also the exact spot where your character spawns after exiting your guild hall. Many players go afk when zoning from their guild halls and leave the characters blocking the Magus. And Magus has a job already - porting. Which causes more people to cluster there.

Seeing as how the lobby is a major port to zone (ie throne of heros etc) it needs to have some resources

Are you serious ? I mean if you don't use that zone then fine but many others do. Why should we should lose a resource thereby making it just one NPC in the lobby. Other than the summoners, the priest of discord and Tavid. None of which will sell/buy items.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare, Wdor and Yinla like this.
  5. Sindace Elder

If anything add a couple more vendors selling useful things to the lobby. I haven't summoned a corpse to lobby in years, so this change just sucks for no reason.

Vendors have a finite inventory of things sold to them that they can resell. Those npcs are the most used vendors likely in the entire game. Players mine their inventories for whatever obscure tradeskill items they're looking for. Shifting everything to the Magus adds a pile on top of the lag pile that already exists in that zone, while also decreasing the available inventory to buy from them down to 1/3. For what reason? Add something useful to the vendors that are already there and move along.
    Shindius, Wdor and CatsPaws like this.
  6. Triconix Augur

Why should they be removed? Are you serious? What issues were the vendors causing in GL that they needed to be removed? If it ain't broke, don't fix it. This is jut a needless change with no benefit in sight.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

The only good reason to remove them is if they are being replaced by parcel vendors which do both jobs.
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

While I can't speak for other servers I don't recall ever seeing a large cluster of players next to the Magus on Luclin.
    Svann2 likes this.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Sure they caused no issues but with their default inventory removed and the only thing they will ever sell is what players sell are they really needed? I am not sure wanting them to give players a place to sell besides the Magus is enough of a reason to keep otherwise empty vendors.
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

On Tunare you can seldom get thru the arch doorway from the lobby to the magus. And if folks have recently zoned into the lobby from the halls then it adds to the cluster.

We even have large groups that have set up outside of the lobby by the Teeks to help alleviate the crowd.

It nice to get views from all servers.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Wdor like this.
  11. Triconix Augur

Every single server I've been in, the bottleneck to the GH/GGH was insane. Now you're fine making that bottleneck even more glaring? No thank you, this is a terribly thought out change.

Again, what's the point of wasting time removing something that didn't need to be removed? Who cares if the primary items they sold are no longer? The removal of the NPCs serves zero benefit and introduces new annoyances. It's little stupid things like this that tie up dev time and they should be trying to squeeze every minute they can into worthwhile development work, not removing vendors from a 15 year old zone. I don't care if it took 5 minutes, that's 5 more minutes that could have been used developing new content or fixing active bugs/problems. Instead, they just fixed something that wasn't broken. We've effectively reinvented the wheel for no reason.

You want to fix old stuff? Fine. How about taking a look at the stupid warrior 2.0 that requires you to follow a moronic map on your cursor between the hours of 7pm gametime to 7am gametime for a gnome that has a 24 hour respawn after being killed. Not only do you need to track the 24 hour spawn, but you need to calculate his next possible spawn after that period which is 1-72 minutes. Let's also not forget the stupid map may lead you to a fake location so somebody else doing this at the same time can win the map lottery and snag the mob and you're left SOL for at least another 24 hours. Oh, and let me not forget that just taking a peak in EW, every single war there was beyond the 2-box limit on Aradune waiting around for Mr. gnome so a person such as myself who actually follows the server rules is at a complete disadvantage with his single box.

And I'm sure some smart @$$ will suggest forcing a pick in EW which requires no less than 50 people so the best feasible way of completing this is getting a raid force to force a pick at a very specific gametime and sitting around doing absolutely nothing while a warrior wanders around with a map on a cursor.
  12. Iven the Lunatic

Giving the soulstone vendors a new job as a parcel service clerk might be the best solution. They could also sell some stuff like food, augent solvents and augments. I always wondered why there is no parcel service in such a key zone. Sure the guild halls are not far away but not everyone is in a guild or does want to zone up to two times. A better location for them would be beside the bankers.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Who cares? It seems that the developers cared as part of the update and removed them when they saw that those vendors no longer had any items. I am guessing that removing them was very little development work and might have actually been quicker then removing all the now useless soul stones from them.
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Why would you ever run through the middle where all the players are? Much easier to run around the center in the hallways and just avoid the mess.
  15. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Add buff bots to the lobby.
  16. Triconix Augur

Obviously many people care, hence the point of the multiple replies? What a stupid response. Are you going to provide a viable response or just nonsense questions to questions? Again, wasting 5 minutes here and there adds up over time, especially when we had limited devs and dev time. If you cannot comprehend this, it's better you just don't bother responding.

You don't fix things that are functioning properly. End of Story.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Wdor like this.
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You asked who cares about removing them and I replied that the devs did. I never said that some players don't care about them getting removed and I really don't think that removing them took much dev time at all.

I never suggested that this was fixing anything or it should or shouldn't be done. All I have been saying is the fact that the vendors no longer have any default inventory is likely the reason that they got removed. I don't care at all if they stay out, get put back in with no inventory or get replaced with something else.
  18. Triconix Augur

...No, I didn't? I never once said who cares about removing them. You did.
    Wdor likes this.
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Sorry what you actually said was who cares if the primary items the sold are no longer there and my answer that the devs do still applies. The fact is the devs made a change and it appears they decided that those vendors no longer served any purpose so they should be removed.
  20. Ngreth Thergn Developer

It was a design decision. We will talk about it.
    They certainly will no longer be affiliated with Luclin, because she has no interests in your random frippery.