Broken Golem....

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Zookeeper87, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Thygrym Elder

There is nothing epic about sitting in Fear for up to 72 hours waiting on 1 mob to spawn then racing other guilds to get it killed (even with the 30 min lock timer now). That's about as epic as sitting in your yard watching the grass grow (which is probably healthier for you anyway). At least with the pearl shards etc you're actually doing something (killing mobs with your friends). Same goes with most of the other mobs involved in most of the other epics. TBH, there is nothing epic about any of the epics anymore due to all the changes made to TLPs that didn't exist in the original Kunark release and the knowledge of the players.

EQ boils down to numbers... more mana means more nukes.. higher resists means you can stay in the fights longer which means you do more dmg. If there was anything else close to the stats on the epic, I wouldn't have spent even 1 second doing any of the epic quests. I'd much rather go play with my friends and have some fun rather than sit in a zone by myself waiting for days for a mob to spawn. The 2nd best primary item for wizards in Kunark is the staff off VS ... which has about half the stats of the Epic. When raiding, I like to make sure I can be as much help as possible which means being well geared, like every other class.

Make the golem spawn in DZs or move the item to CT and let it drop both in DZs and open world like pretty much every other mob for every other epic.... problem solved. Still leaves some challenge but also makes it so wizards can get their epics just like everyone else does.
    Trox2010 and Aneuren like this.
  2. Dresden Journeyman

"up to 72 hour" I have my epic and helped 4 others get there this time around and I can tell you the longest spawn time was 36 hours in between and an average of 30. Hell the regal band is harder to get.
  3. Meredyth Augur

You didn’t have to just sit there. You could have been pulling the zone while you sat there, farming gems and armor for Alts and friends, you could have watched for the golems and mobilized your friends or guild to kill them with you to kill the time - make an event out of it. Incentivize your raid force to be there by offering to help other people at the same time “we can camp wraith too chanters!” Turn it into a party. Why does the game have to present you with a carefully crafted linear path to ride on rails to get the epic? It presents you with a challenge, the fun is in figuring out a way to deal with the challenge. I’ve provided one suggestion which would have helped, there are others.

I also feel the need to point out that while EQ is indeed all about numbers, the game is tuned for people who are NOT best in slot. You don’t HAVE to do it to succeed.
  4. HoodenShuklak Augur

The masses of people came back to EQ tlp because it was faster and easier, but not because it was harder.
  5. Meredyth Augur

I submit that a large portion of the TLP player base has played at least one TLP before. These people keep coming back for a reason and it is not because of graphics. There is some percentage which has returned after 15 years away, sure, but again, I don’t think they remember EQ as ‘that easy game I used to play’. They probably remember a grind and not achieving all their goals, and now they are back to try again. The fallacy is that if you adjust something to be easier and easier, when somebody does it they can’t even say they finally went back and did it. They can say the original version was too hard and they failed to complete it but when the devs made it so easy to get that anybody and everybody could do it consistently they were finally able to do that version.

It’s like trying to run a marathon but collapsing after two miles, lobbying the marathon committees to make all marathons 2 miles long, and then bragging to your friends that you ran a marathon. They’ll know the truth.
  6. Thygrym Elder

Trash mobs in Fear are on a 4 hour respawn. They offer nothing of value as my guild has long ago move beyond Fear/Hate armor. So trying to get people to come to Fear to kill a few light blue trash mobs isn't exactly enjoyable for anyone. You can (and we have) aoe them down in just a few minutes. Then what for the next 3.5+ hours before they respawn?

As I said, fix the epic quest like they fixed all the others so the mobs spawn in picks or DZs. With the size of the population on Mangler it needs to be fixed.

edit: No, you don't NEED to have best in slot gear to succeed.. but it makes it a lot easier for you and your guild when you have good gear. Raids become shorter and more stuff can be raided on a raid night etc. You know the drill.
  7. Xeris Augur

I killed wraith this morning with my friend, nobody else was around... that thing was just up for like 2 hours (not counting however long it was up before I got there). Dunno what everyone is complaining about.
  8. Gremin Augur

They offer gems, armor( you can turn it in for a gem later when pop opens as an expansion) and they offer xp. Hell, at once point we would go in as a single group and try to break it by ourselves just for the challenge when it was classic/kunark on Lockjaw. Also there is a few spots you can have someone bind(unless this got changed) and just gate in and check track on the druid so you dont have to just sit there.
  9. imnotarobot New Member

Got my broken golem kill the other day. Was the only wizard even in the zone. Do those of you complaining even try?
  10. yerm Augur

Of course they do. They click the daybreak button, they scan the featured items, then they search for "epic" and "staff of the four", and then when they don't see it for sale they get frustrated and come here.
  11. Gremin Augur

I need any "easy" button emoji
  12. Tierdal Augur

Why can't epic quests remain epic?
    Fell likes this.
  13. Jarod997 New Member

Indeed. I mean, what's the point if one can do things like molo Vox and Naggy? Those are (were) raid mobs.
  14. Fell Augur

You're acting as if wizards are the only ones who have a contested mob that doesn't spawn in instances. How about the enchanter epic, eh? Verina Tomb, Cazel's spoon, and the monkey in Field in Bone .... ohh, that FoB monkey. Shaman and Mage epics are also harder than the Wiz epic as well. So what? They'll all EZ-mode, compared to what they used to be.

Yeah, that's exactly what's being asked for. Remove this one minor challenge, and your epic can be completed in one evening by the rankest of beginners and a few of his friends. What's "epic" about that?
    CatsPaws likes this.
  15. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Nice 2 year necro for something that was addressed/fixed earlier this year.
    Barton and Tweakfour17 like this.
  16. honker3576 New Member

Fixed but absolutely sucked on Mischief/TB.
  17. Sunriver Journeyman

How so? It was way easier than it's ever been.
  18. FranktheBank Augur

Why did you necro a 2 year old thread about a mob that's been easy to get on the recent TLP?