Wizard Love

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mazame, Feb 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ruination Elder

Or group desirability/utility and no mana... Wait a second, they have all of those
  2. Vizier Augur

Fair enough. We are overdue for some top tier dps numbers. The question remain, will this be our expac? It's a level cap increase so that is a good setup at least. Will our new devs continue the trend of wizards being seen as utility dps due to ports and evac? If Wizard dps was tops in the game you can bet your melee classes across the board would be raging non-stop about it. The pendulum will swing back almost instantaneously in all likelihood.
  3. Tual Augur

Good luck. I had 2 wizards over 110, deleted them both a few weeks back for being reduced to the point I couldn't stomach putting them in a group.
    Coagagin and Mongol311 like this.
  4. Mongol311 A really bad wiz

yeah they never gonna fix the class, don't think they are intellectually capable of it at this point...
  5. Piper the Viper New Member

Two big problems I see that leave wizards lacking

Anyone who dps's for melee, tanks included, just continually gain critical rate via hdex inflation. This never seems to be accounted for by the devs. Used to be melee had lower critical rates and made up for it by hitting 15 times a second with specials or by having good damage mods added. Now they all gain in critical rate every year while still seeing normal growth in percent hit mods, the number of hits they have a round as well as normal weapon growth. They gain in 3 exponential areas while wizards critical rate and critical mods seem very rationed in comparison.

Dots can typically be casted on multiple targets. No AE nuke I can think of can keep up with druids, necromancers, shaman or even sk dots be casted on 3 to 5 mobs at a time.
    Coagagin likes this.
  6. Mongol311 A really bad wiz

7. Wyndar Journeyman

I deleted my Wizard spring of 2020, he was 115. I didn't lose too much sleep over it, he was just a heroic toon PLed pretty quick which I rerolled anew. But still, I was a little disappointed. The Wizard class is super fun on live with their insta-dd lines etc but just too underwhelming unfortunately. Contrast to TLP where I main a wizard, and well, us wizards are pulling top dps in Luclin most of the time.

Would agree Wizards could use some love on live. Interested to hear any feedback on how they are in ToL
  8. Jumbur Improved Familiar

They could change HInt to give a crit-chance bonus to spells. :)
  9. Mongol311 A really bad wiz

now imagine how those of us feel who raided / mained a wizard for 20 years on live...
    Laurana, Kalvenie and code-zero like this.
  10. Travestii Elder

I've always felt like this implementation would solve 2 issues at once by both giving wizards a boost and making gear upgrades worthwhile; however, all int casters are not in need of a bump so the effect would have to be class specific.
  11. code-zero Augur

I'm afraid that the most likely thing will be for END costs to go up a lot for melee making them run down like mana casters suffer from.
  12. Tropi Elder

i dont think this would be enough , i sat down with a wiz friend of mine and we maped out his burns with the goal to give him at or near 100% crit chance as long as we could . now mind you we are in a unique situation where we have a lot of rangers in our raid force so we can count on a long run of auspice running but we were able to lay it out to something like 18 of 20 mins near 100% crit rate and that still is not putting up the numbers that other classes can with much less effort.
    Travestii, Sancus and Beimeith like this.
  13. Mongol311 A really bad wiz

14. Mongol311 A really bad wiz

15. Laronk Augur

From the outside as a non wizzie it looks like to me that wizzies have to pay more attention and work harder to do the same or less DPS.
    Tropi likes this.
  16. Waitwhat Elder

No it's not that, haven't you been reading threads and posts?
  17. Vizier Augur

His view was given, take it or leave it.
  18. Mongol311 A really bad wiz

19. Darkerknight Lorekeeper

With the way the game is played in 2021, Wizard cast and Recast times are too long and there are too many conflicting spell lines.
    Few idea's on how to improve wizards:
    1) Cut down cast times, most all wizard nukes should be instant cast or .5 second at most.
    2) Reduce Recast time
    3) Simplify the timers for spell lines.
    4) Make Heroic Int have increased critical damage and/or make it so that you get bigger and more frequent critical hits
    5) Or just make it so Twin Cast can last like 1 hour and everything is a twin cast., This would probably be the easiest solution lol.
    Mongol311 likes this.
  20. Waitwhat Elder

Of course I leave it, he doesn't know anything about this , and just decides to post random speculation. Which is his forum right, but it's utterly worthless to the issues at hand.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.