Black Friday Details?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Yogurt, Nov 13, 2021.

1. Yogurt New Member

Hello,

I am on a free account right now and awaiting info on the sale. Will there be an announcement soon or in the past would the deals be worth it for a returning player?
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I heard or read of a sale coming for the holiday but don't think it was Black Friday.

EQ 2 gets those.

Not sure what deals you are looking for?

There are usually other and cheaper ways to get most items.
  3. KermittheFroglok Augur

I see your reference to being F2P. If you're asking about membership sales, we had membership related deals pop up each year for several years through 2018, but my guess is that they pulled the plug on them after 2018's lifetime membership special because:

-I haven't seen any membership sales since winter 2018. It seems unlikely that'll change because they're trying to increase recurring revenue through the perks add-on subscriptions.
    -It seems unlikely they'll offer something like the special recurring $72 a year rate again because they know many or most players that used the year+ discount deals have already bought into the limited pool of lifetime memberships
    -The old community manager, Dreamweaver already shared that it's unlikely we'll see a deal like the lifetime subscriptions offered ever again

With that in mind, I'd guess if we see anything like a membership sale it will be a Krono sale like 2017's, instead of one for AllAccess subscription time.

Generally, the sales tend to be Marketplace discounts &/or DBG bringing old limited items (e.g. old heritage loot crates) out of the "vault".

If you're waiting for a sale to sub, I'd say just subscribe now. If you want to try saving money just use your monthly DBC claim on the current heritage crate or LoN pack and sell what you get on the Bazaar of a server with a good economy. If RNG is kind you might get a few Krono a year that way.

Good luck!
  4. Riou EQResource

There is a specific one they call out in the Patch
  5. Tiberius New Member

"Also rounding out the rest of 2021 will be the return of the Raid, Raid, Raid! event, a Black Friday and Cyber Monday Sale, Frostfell, and to get you ready for the holidays, a Winter Holiday Sale. Lots of fun still left to be enjoyed before some even more exciting things start to roll out in 2022."

That was a quote from the recent producer's letter. Hope there are some good items available!! Enjoy :)
  6. Barton The Mischievous

Jchan mentioned a Black Friday and Cyber Monday Sale in the Producer Letter, If I was a betting man I would bet we will not hear the details of the sale until a day or 2 before maybe 3 if we are lucky.
  7. Riou EQResource

Grab your bags for Black Friday and Cyber Monday. All bags sold for Daybreak Cash are 15% off from 11/25/2021 to 12/01/2021!
    KermittheFroglok likes this.
  8. Barton The Mischievous

Well if that is all that is on sale, color me unimpressed
    Thunderkiks and CatsPaws like this.
  9. Riou EQResource

I'm sure there will probably be more, but that is just what they chose to Highlight in the Patch Notes for Weds

It's possible other stuff is a lesser %, or there's a generic 15% for members discount (instead of their normal 10%)
    Barton likes this.
  10. KermittheFroglok Augur

The trend seems to be ~25% off market place purchases and sometimes pulling old stuff from the "vault". Sometimes like 2013 you'll see them mark down specific services/packages that can be pricier (e.g. the premium tier guild hall packages).

https://www.mmobomb.com/news/daybreak-games-offers-black-friday-deals-dcuo-everquest-lotro
    https://www.everquest.com/news/cyber-monday-sales-daybreak-2015
    https://www.everquest.com/news/black-friday-cyber-monday-eq-2013

Again, I'm doubtful we'll see a membership sale any time soon because it'd offset the added revenue of the recently introduced perks. If we do I'd guess it's a Krono sale.
  11. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I believe over the last 2 years they have significantly changed (lowered) the content of the sales - for example the yearly sale on expansions has only been 25% off the last two years as opposed to the 50% it was prior.

And the other sales during the year are not that great anymore.

It seems the sales with the bigger discounts are gone.

But one good thing is that they no longer wait till noon on the Friday the sale starts to announce it.

Usually
    KermittheFroglok likes this.
  12. KermittheFroglok Augur

True, that's why I said "~"25%, but I only scrolled back for "Black Friday" & "Cyber Monday" headlines in EQ, but I missed the recent years "Feast of Giving" are the comparable 2019 & 2020 headlines, 2020's sale was way lighter.

2020: No Christmas sale, can anyone confirm?
    2020: Was just a bag sale, similar to what's in the patch notes.
    https://www.everquest.com/news/feast-of-giving-bonuses-sale-2020

2019: Christmas 30% off for AllAccess members (i.e. extra 20%)
    https://www.everquest.com/news/tempting-treasures-eq-dec-2019
    2019: Only 20% discount (i.e. extra 10%) for AllAccess members.
    https://www.everquest.com/news/feast-of-giving-bonuses-sale-2019

Given we saw the same 25% expansion discount this year, & given the patch notes, I agree we shouldn't expect much more than last year's bag sale. I hope though that we at least get a Christmas sale, but wouldn't expect 30% like 2019.

I guess I'll just have to settle for 4 familiars of thankful days wandering & spamming turkey dinner drops in the guild hall, instead of 5 familiars of thankful days.
  13. Herf Augur

Last year we got 4-5 days of bonus XP and such around Thanksgiving, and a bag sale.

Feast of Giving 2020! | EverQuest Forums (daybreakgames.com)

A
    lso watch for short lived seasonal things in the store. Pumpkin related maybe. And usually there's a cheap title to buy, "the Sated". One of my favorites actually.