What is the point of hoarding hundreds or thousands of kronos?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cicelee, Nov 10, 2021.

1. Razorfall Augur

What problem am I trying to fix? I'll give you a hint, it's in the thread title
    Are there better ways to address the same problem? Probably, but that's why you have meaningful discussion instead of basically saying "This is dumb. It makes them useless".

It would depend on the law and how daybreak/darkpaw handles it.

This highlights the biggest problem with Krono. No one is really using them to get game time. One person can generate 25 krono a day (possibly more with some creativity), but there's not really any incentive to use more than one krono a month. They just end up sitting around going from account to account.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Why is this a problem? What is wrong with people using them as an in game currency instead of plat? If Daybreak wanted them to be used faster they would have designed them differently.
  3. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

A non-raiding character doesn't need raid gear, only if they want it. I didn't say that they need to be fully equipped. But anyway, I was just saying how much it could cost of someone chose to buy it. Hence a big reason for hoarding Kronos for some people.

Now if you don't ever buy raid gear, expensive illusions or mounts, or supporting a giant box army hoarding Kronos makes little to no sense.

I do believe people purchasing a lot Kronos at this point in the game is a good thing. It helps keep EQ alive.
    Wdor likes this.
  4. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I'll give you a hint... the issue named in the thread title..... it's not a problem.
    Appren and code-zero like this.
  5. FranktheBank Augur

The threat title isnt a problem...
  6. Smokezz The Bane Crew

That's the only thing I use Krono for. I pay for my monthly accounts with Krono. /shrug.
  7. xcitng Augur

i also pay accounts with krono
  8. Celephane Augur

Q: How many kronos do I have?
    A: You don't know, its none of your business. Nothing I do is any of your business. Nothing I do affects you in any way. My krono count isn't a problem, nor is anyone else's.
    Smokezz, RPoo, Duder and 2 others like this.
  9. Kounterchrome New Member

Krono has flat out become a racket breeding powergamers that lock me out of content.
    I've been locked out of ToV camps for weeks + GD is a lagfest with hordes of people bypassing lag with 3rd party software...mainly [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] combined with plugins; I can go on and on with hot spots.

Plain reporting does jack unless you put up Youtube or Twitch VoDs with a link in your ticket, but it's just to much work and no one seems to care for a dude that plays straight up with his own money.

It's disgusting enough if I actually had cash+time I would hire litigation

I still have love for the game so I can continue to abuse myself = (
  10. Nennius Curmudgeon

Is this mostly a TLP issue? If so, I can safely ignore it then.
    Celephane likes this.
  11. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Who on live sells krono to farmers? Don't think this is a problem or is why those people are botting.

Now, TLP servers, sure.
  12. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Cice, you can never look at my crafting room, Krono hoarders have nothing on my fabric stash..
    code-zero likes this.
  13. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

It's like playing an Idle game where you make the number go up as high as you can.

With the side benefit of allowing you to basically buy whatever you want... in theory... if you could pry open the wallet.
    Duder likes this.
  14. Celephane Augur

I have 1 right now and I'm on your server, but seriously, it is not anyone else's business.
  15. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

People who hoard krono are like the people who raid every day.
    It's fun seeing #'s increase for no reason.

At the end of the day neither matters as it's all pixels. :D
    Nennius likes this.
  16. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I thought they were hoarding them for my Christmas Presents.

You can send them now....;)
    Nennius likes this.
  17. Fenthen aka Rath

It's all for the lawls as you post a screenshot of your character's raid-buffed stats and "accidentally" include 992 krono stashed away.
  18. KermittheFroglok Augur

It really comes down to each server's economy or what someone needs it for.

1) A lot of it are people holding Krono for gear on future servers or for future expacs. As explained Krono are the premium currency on most servers.
    2) Sadly, a lot of it are people breaking the terms of service reselling the Krono for cash. Those accounts get banned & the Krono presumably get burned when they're caught.
    3) A surprising number of boxers fund additional accounts with Krono, especially people that are up to 6 boxes. 6 boxes, will take 72 Krono a year to fund. Competitively raiding & six boxing current content isn't really that easy so I can easily envision. someone having needing accumulating a couple or few hundred more Krono to gear up gear up the alts for their box setup.

At some point someone buys Krono because it's easier to pay ~$18 than to do the work themselves, the Krono changes hands, and eventually it ends up in the hands of someone with spare plat. or worthwhile gear that needs the Krono to pay their sub. (Usually for an alt. box.)
    code-zero likes this.