It's beta's fault... (Chanter gender illusion)

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Vumad, Oct 23, 2021.

1. Vumad Cape Wearer

that I am posting this again. Beta has the Potion of Disgenderment which allows unlimited free changing of gender on Beta. We also have a number of illusion lines, such as the male and female vampires, which are available in the DBC store.

I want to see either Illusion: Gender which stacks with other illusions or the adventurer line of spells split from Illusion: Human to Illusion: Human Female and Illusion: Human Male. Actually just leave the current line as is and add 2 new spells for each of the playable races.

This need to be obtainable through gameplay for enchanters. All illusions should be obtainable in game for enchanters. These specifically need to be put on vendors in starting cities or obtain via a quest, for enchanters. IDC if other classes can buy the gender illusions from DBC but ENC need to be able to get all illusions in game.

Thanks.
    Vallain522 and RPoo like this.
  2. Elyssanda Bardbrain

not gonna happen.. they sell it in the marketplace, not an illusion..

And I don't want someone having the power to change my sex for me. that is my personal decision.
    Eaedyilye and Yinla like this.
  3. Moege Augur

/blockbuff will take care of that
  4. Elyssanda Bardbrain

blockbuff has a limit..
    Yinla likes this.
  5. Vumad Cape Wearer

So should they get rid of the blood red belkos, the male and female vampires, the deputy halfling, the siren, the fairies, and all of the other illusions that are not gender neutral? I didn't realize people were bothered by these.
    Vallain522 and RPoo like this.
  6. Verily Tjark Augur

I turn myself into a female every beta season. Rather enjoy it too...
    Vumad likes this.
  7. Lubianx Augur

Since when did Rare change his name to beta? Still it is about enchanters.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  8. Elyssanda Bardbrain

I have all 3 female belikos illusions. Personally I love them, although I know guys that are a bit... unsettled when the mouths open far.
    I do not want someone ELSE having control of my gender. Which is what I said in my first post in this subject.
    Eaedyilye and Szilent like this.
  9. Jaylnn Gnomish Bog Jogger

Devil's advocate..

You mention you have the female illusions, but dont want anyone else to control your gender. So you support gendered illusions. Only being grouped with an enchanter, that projects the illusion on you is the way someone else can illusion you (outside of things like the mummy illusion and a few others). An enchanter could make you a boy deputy halfling in the same way. Unless you are grouping with malicious enchanters who are trying to give you a sex change, its a moot point.

He had a reasonable request, of introducing a spell that already exists, but just never went live. His only extra request was to make it flop the illusioned gender to the other, instead of just changing your base race to the other.

I don't have any opinions one way or another about the spell. I do not play an enchanter, i have no real opinion on the matter. But just as devil's advocate statement only.
    Vumad likes this.
  10. Elyssanda Bardbrain

I never said I had anything against the gendered illusions, that was Vumad trying to put statements into my writing.
  11. Verily Tjark Augur

I mean... how many times does an enchanter randomly illusion people in their group? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Merika likes this.
  12. Vumad Cape Wearer

lol. You are making an argument for and against the same topic while blaming me for the way you are communicating your thoughts.

Do you not see how both things have the exact same end result?

Illusion Gender: Makes a male halfling to a female halfling
    Illusion: Female Halfling makes anyone to a female halfling.

In both cases, the caster has control of your gender, of which you objected to in post 8, but say you have no issues with in post 10. Jaylnn called you on it in post 9 and you point the finger at me? lol, no.

Let's not derail the thread with this. I stated in Post 1 that spliiting Illusion halfling into Illusion male halfling and illusion female halfing would be just as well acceptible as illusion gender. It's all the same end result.

Actually Illusion Gender would be better for your argument, as it's a single spell to block that blocks all gender changes, while the other method that works like the belkos, gives you dozens of spells to block.
  13. Tucoh Augur

I support the creation of a "Spell: Gender Bender" that can be cast out of group and also is an undispellable debuff. The sooner we get everyone to experience gender dysphoria the sooner we can become an equal society.
  14. Vizier Augur

I'm surprised no one has tried to force their hand by throwing a couple scare phrases at them. Something like this should work:

Equal gender expressive representation is our RIGHT! By not allowing us to equally express ourselves, you are attacking our personal gender expressions. We DEMAND you change your policy of hate IMMEDIATELY.
  15. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Sounds like the solution is to sell specific gender illusions on the Marketplace, Ogre Male to block doors in PoK or Female Dark Elf to get free stuff from lonely guys or Iksar Male to be the ultimate chad.

Drakkin already exist as a non-binary option.
    Vizier likes this.
  16. Vizier Augur

Ngl I lol'd.