LFG........Would you like to come to GE? " No thanks"

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by mcsleezy, Nov 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcsleezy Elder

Pulled from gate.

I've also given other reasons why GE is faster besides Raw xp.
  2. mcsleezy Elder

Sounds like you just don't like Everquest.
  3. mcsleezy Elder

Oh so the group composition somehow changes the geometry of the map?

Interesting.

Yea it's possible to sit there and lull pull but again that takes time.

In GE it's very easy to pull solos without lull or at the most 2 mobs.

Mobs that don't summon by the way.

It's much easier to navigate GE I don't even need a map in there anymore.

Also I like how you glazed over the rest of my points.

I rest my case, the only reason people don't like GE is "grey walls".
  4. mcsleezy Elder

If people are LFG for xp, there's no logical reason to not go to GE.

If they remember unhappiness or got trained, and that offended to the point of not wanting to go to a zone, maybe everquest just isn't the game for them.

If there were more people going to GE there would be more picks, it's in everyone's best interest to stack up there.
  5. BigDog Elder

You never left the porch.
  6. SunDrake Augur

After 6 pages its pretty easy to spot why someone might not want to join your group, OP.

Hint: It probably wasn't even the zone.

You act like being offered an exp group is some privilege that people should jump on. It's not.

That said, GE still sucks. There's just no need to group with people like you in a zone that players already don't like. Everyone who even slightly tries will have all the AA they need by PoP, and then they'll grind out the rest of the filler in PoP, when decent exp options become available.

'Maybe EQ isnt the game for you' - your own words. :p
  7. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

He's saying that if you are pulling 1-2 at a time its a subpar group.

Pull 4 at a time at least for goodness' sake. Either mez and vastly reduce pull time or just tank them and let riposte/damageshield/ae damage speed things up.
    FranktheBank likes this.
  8. Fell Augur

All reasons for me to avoid the zone like the plague. It's the epitome of challenge-less gameplay. If you're alone near Gate and your puller is bringing 6-7 mobs at once, you can at least stay awake ... but that's not usually possible, due to limited spawns and nearby leech-groups.
  9. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

I'm sorry but did you just say LULL PULL? In velketor? Like you're considering spending extra time to make sure you get a single mob because your group can't properly handle 3+? And you're posting endlessly about how you know how to gain xp better than lots of other people do? Holy cow. You are either an immaculate troll or you play in unbelievably bad groups. I can see why you may not like velketor if you're scared of pulling multiple mobs at once.
  10. Fell Augur

Is an immaculate troll one conceived through immaculate conception? Or just one who's well groomed?
  11. mcsleezy Elder

Velketor is less xp.

The geometry of the map is way more annoying in velketor, who wants to keep running up that winding staircase?

Not every group has an enchanter for pulling 4 mobs.

You call me a troll yet you didn't even stop to logically think before posting this.

That's amusing.
  12. mcsleezy Elder

Smart and better players find the most effecient and safest xp grind to the most benefit out of their session.

Intentionally going to a more difficult place and playing a more challenging way in a 20 year old game to get less xp isn't proving anything to anyone.

I already posted my numbers on how xp is not faster in velks.

There's no logical argument against it.
  13. mcsleezy Elder

why?

how is pulling 4 at a time instead of spacing the mobs out faster?

Do you kill them faster? no.

And what if you have no chanter?

Oh in velks you are screwed you'll get summoned, at least in GE with no chanter you can root.

Keeping 1-2 mobs in camp is not sub par its safe and efficient.
  14. mcsleezy Elder

GE is faster xp.

GE mobs have less hp.

GE is more accessible.

And none of my attitude or opinion can be assessed simply from me saying "would you like to come to GE"

You are a horrible troll and likely terrible at the game.

I'm not acting like it's a privilege just trying to understand the logic behind not wanting to go.

And after 6 pages I have my answer.

"grey walls".

Just like I said in my OP.

Literally the only reason people don't want to go.

Also people not wanting to go to GE doesn't impact me at all.

I just like to laugh and point out how stupid you all are.
  15. Fell Augur

It's faster, yes. You save the time spent pulling once instead of four times, and you raise your dps by having your puller dpsing more of the time, not to mention to opportunity for more DS dmg and possibly AE dmg.

Then your bard mezes them. Or your shaman slows and torpor-tanks them. Or your wizard root-mezzes them. Or the tank AE-taunts. Or any of a dozen other methods for ghetto-CC.

You make that statement to him, after the ignorance of basic game mechanics displayed in your comments above?
  16. Meridian Augur

Your attitude and opinion are confirmed by the existence of this thread and your posts in it. People have given plenty of reasons why they prefer Velks IC/OC over GE. The issue is that the reasons given aren't what you want to hear, so you start tossing out insults to anyone that disagrees with you.

"GE is more accessible."
    This is the sole reason why a lot of people want to go to GE vs Velks.
  17. Neseriya New Member

Pulling kinda sucks there. Not much fun tbh. It's easy, don't get me wrong. Just... boring and kinda a chore... you have to open half the doors for the mobs to walk through... loot and exp is solid though. I think I just like to rotate dungeons myself. Keeps things more interesting.
  18. Iyacc Augur

Feelings are not logical. I don't go to an xp group just because I was asked. It depends on who is in the group, what they are doing, where I am and what I'm doing - all sorts of things. Now, I don't put LFG on - EVER but still. I know people who go to all kinds of zones because they want to experience different things and not get locked into the min/max best zone. It's not always about the extra % per kill but for some people they want to enjoy it or just do different stuff some times. I don't play that way but I also don't tell them they are wrong or bad players because they don't do what I think they should be doing with their free time.

Maybe the people turning you down aren't turning down your invite because of the zone you're in....
  19. Tymeless Augur

Actually I enjoy the game quite bit. I enjoy the game as it progresses not being stuck in GE grinding with grey walls for subpar exp. Have fun in GE in your nice safe place. I'll go find other things to do ingame that are all more fun than GE. There are too many places that are better exp or comparable that aren't such a yawn fest. However, When I did AA in Luclin I generally do it in places where something I need/want drops, or helped guildies farm keys, green metal etc. Hell, I was capped on all essential AA's before we were done farming SSRA for metals and for Commanders for emp keys. So yeah AAing isn't that hard in Luclin era to be stuck in such a boring place.
  20. Twizle Lorekeeper

Best place to xp, assuming nobody else is in zone and your not aoe'ing is

1.Kennels
    2.GE Gate
    3. it doesnt matter its worse

Best place to xp assuming people are playing
    1.Kennels
    2.Velks IC/OC
    3.horrorfiend into mines can be a good 1 hour sesh if time is an issue

Griegs sucks if people are in cubbies, you cant pull 4-6 mobs at a time consistently because to many people take your spawns

that doesnt happen as much in velks or kennels

Also if your not actively pulling and simultaneously killing 4+ mobs then it doesn't really matter where your group goes to xp as its not going to be great xp when your having to mezz etc
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.