Enchanter molo question.

Discussion in 'Casters' started by ceto, Jul 29, 2021.

1. Verily Tjark Augur

If we want to have a discussion about enchanters on raids, we can have it... again. Probably shouldn't have it in a molo thread.

I wanted to take the bait and reply about the raid usefulness of an enchanter. We have done that enough though, and there are plenty of threads laying around that dissect our raid usefulness.
  2. RPoo Augur

It's actually possible to get a 5+million crit with PG BUT it's tricky because you have to have the twincasted dot land BEFORE you hit haze (so that the nuke does not consume the charges) and pray that you get lucky that the next two ticks critical because for whatever reason it's not a 100% chance to crit a dot tick.
    This is how druids get their 20m+ dot ticks on NFW.
    Personally I don't like taking that risk that it doesn't crit and will usually just got for the gaurenteed 4+m twincasted nuke portion.
    Edit to add- I mean it also involves waiting for two ticks of PG dots before casting any other nukes or PGs and who in good conscious wants to do that when they could be doing more DPS? A happy medium is to land your dot and try for one *big dot tick then follow up with a PG nuke then go about your dps.
    *Big but not really big when compared to how close in damage value it is to the nuke crit or how small it is compared to a druid crit.
  3. zleski Augur

You're missing group wolf from your Druid for ADPS. Additionally, you should be working with your Druid to make them top of the DPS parse (by a very large margin). Sync your IOG, their group wolf, NFW with your chromatic haze for your druid to see 20+ million ticks off NFW.
  4. Dragnath Elder

It is bad form to edit a post that was already directly replied to and add new/additional information...

Unmezzable mobs have been a thing in EQ for as long as the game as existed, it can be expected that Giants and Dragons cannot be mezzed. With respect to the rest of the comments regarding CC being obsolete I personally disagree. I guess the people who feel this way group with tanks that can handle 8+ mobs on them at once? I'm not sure, but I use the full arsenal of the Enchanter's bag of tricks regularly with the exception of Charm which I stopped using around level 110 when the risk vs. reward wasn't worth it for group play. I am tempted to go try some Charm killing solo just to prove that it is still viable...

Yeah I don't think that I was missing group wolf, it might have been cast prior to the parse or not grabbed for whatever reason. I play the druid and the enchanter and my sequencing is pretty much muscle memory at this point, not to say that I don't mess up from time to time. That parse was a bit low on the druid, he's usually closer to 750k.

I regularly get the 5+M crit on PG, but the highest my NFW has gotten is just over 10M. Is there something else in the equation there?
  5. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

I’m surprised anyone used slows, cripples, or the debuff dot in group content.
  6. Verily Tjark Augur

What are enchanters capable of? Kizant shows you in this video. Are there a lot of factors going into being able to replicate this very high level of play? Sure, but it shows the potential of the class.

RPoo and Dragnath like this.
  7. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

All in all not that impressive.I thought it was going to be a video soloing a mission or at least a named mob. No offense to Kizant, it's just the equivalent of soloing in the newbie yard outside Freeport.

They're just root rotting multiple mobs in GD and it's taking forever. They're not taking advantage of charm or anything else. Simply dropping the tash totem and dot stack.

Charm is the best debuff in the game, hands down. Stack up around 5 mobs all rooted and let them beat down the charm pet. Break and repeat.

For a named mob, utilize the full kits Veil, Runes, Charm, Dopplegangers, Phantasmal Opponent, park a mezzable for mez twin cast procs, and burn it down.
  8. Dragnath Elder

I don't understand this comment. Why would you not use a spell that reduces attack speed and accuracy in a single cast in group content? Not all group content is trivial for everyone and in order to push the bounds of your group it is a valuable spell. I can try running a Zlandicar mission without tossing a slow, but I'd say there is a good chance a bad round would wipe me.
  9. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

The tank belt is close enough to our version of our debuffs to make it not worth casting. Also, mobs in group content mobs that are more difficult you’re popping discs and cooldowns to mitigate the damage anyways. Might as well just focus on the dps and drop the mob faster.
  10. Verily Tjark Augur

So are you going to produce your own video of these things you speak of? I mean I want to see it. I'm not throwing shade at you. I would actually enjoy watching it.
    Skrab likes this.
  11. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

I can do it on Beta sometime, if you want.

Added an extra bit to that quote about parking a mezzable mob to take advantage of the twincast procs.
    Verily Tjark likes this.
  12. Verily Tjark Augur

Do it up. I consider myself decent at group and raid enchantering, but I'm not as well versed on the solo enchanter play.
  13. Verily Tjark Augur

Yeah, that was always a must when I would molo. Definitely helps, even when I'm duo-ing with my mage friend.
    Skrab likes this.
  14. Vizier Augur

Here is my enchanter video since no one remembers about REVERSE charming any more.
    Dragnath, Verily Tjark and Skrab like this.
  15. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

I think it just got passed up due to the issues the beguilers banishment root no longer working. Plus mages were so OP pet tanking and merc healers were acceptable back then.

So, it was easy for people to leave the solo life behind in favor of laid back boxing with a mage pet.
  16. Vizier Augur

Passing up using charm to solo efficiently then complaining about charm not being efficient solo tool is ridiculous. Sure, I use Mage (and wiz) box as well, but I am not complaining about Enchanters. This is a very weird thread. I highly doubt any of the info here is benefitting the OP, which makes this one big circle jerk.
  17. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

It’s not a weird thread, I’m not ignoring charm. I brought up reverse charming a few posts before yours. The argument comes down to if you put 100% into an enchanter you come out behind other classes for less effort, while being more limited.

Content design dictates enchanter relevance and power. The OP could pick up a more capable class and accomplish more.
  18. Vizier Augur

You say this as if it's fact and not completely subjective BS. Let me give you a huge wake up call that should extend way beyond EQ:

Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you are right.
    Venjenz_vox likes this.
  19. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

It’s a fact. It’s a design feature of these style of games. Some classes/builds are lower effort and high performance and some are high effort mediocre results.
  20. Verily Tjark Augur

Thanks for the video! Lots of good info in there!
    Vizier likes this.