krono to db bucks

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by curious2, Dec 26, 2020.

1. Warpeace Augur

When did FV go random loot?:confused:
  2. WokeCat Augur

Even before I discovered TLP, I played on P99 and there was a guild there who only used items they themselves looted and it made me wonder what it would be like to play on a server where all items are no drop. You would likely see less greed, but players would also feel like they really accomplished something by gearing up their characters -- which for me, that's how original EverQuest felt.

By today's standards a lot of my gear from 20 years ago would be considered bad, but I felt so proud of it at the time. I've never gotten that feeling from another MMO, although P99 Green originally came close to it - the raids were so trivial compared to 20 years ago that it felt like I was getting full planar gear in a day, and 20 years ago some of that gear took me years to get.

I doubt we'll ever see an official server with rules like that however because Kronos are too profitable.
  3. Machen New Member

Literally every server (except Mischief/Thornblade) is like that if you just play past Velious. All the raid gear and even a lot of the group gear becomes no drop. We're just finishing Gates of Discord on Rizlona/Aradune and I don't have a single item on my character that I didn't loot myself from a mob I helped kill. I don't think I've had a piece of gear I paid for since maybe Kunark.
    code-zero likes this.
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You would also find that a lot of players would struggle to progress from the fact that they would not be able to get the items they need. For some things it can already be hard to get them either due to rarity or they are camped all the time even if it is a no drop item.

Even if everything was no drop farmers would just change to sell looting rights instead of the items themselves.
    Skuz likes this.
  5. Kylo Classic Augur

Why do you necro old threads?
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

#1 People just don't bother to read all the info - they just skim over the posts which is why your fast food order is seldom correct. People don't pay attention

#2 but on the positive side - sometimes old posts need to be resurrected to show it is still an issue or some new info can be applied.

#3 there used to be an underground necro contest - to see who could rez the oldest thread. But it had to be on accident - like you could not go around looking for old ones and rez them.

We backed down on that when a previous "community manager" seemed to have issues with any thread older than a month and was going to start deleting them all

Haven't you noticed on any facebook account there are constant replies to posts that are 2 or 3 years old? Its just a fact of life now
    Skuz likes this.
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

When Google's search algorithm provides links to old posts that are far more relative to your enquiry than the woefully inept (in comparison) forum search tools then Necro threads are just going to be a frequent occurrence.

The art to Google-searches is how you ask your question.
    code-zero likes this.
  8. MustardonWatermelon Elder

sigh, I fell for it

nothing to see here, move along!