LFG........Would you like to come to GE? " No thanks"

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by mcsleezy, Nov 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quik Augur

Lets review and come back to your quote...

You STATED in your opening post that GE was hands down the best and fastest XP in the game during this specific time period, which is an incredibly false statement. THEN you suddenly add more conditions like IC is over camped but that wasn't part of your original statement. I mean, I can win any argument if I keep adding conditions that change what I originally posted...

Now, as to if I would wait forever, of course not and that wasn't part of the conditions either. I have no issues sending a message to whoever is in velks at OC/IC camp and ask them if they have any kind of timeframe, if there is you go wherever you want and that might include GE at that point until IC/OC is open. To be fair though, GE Gate is probably camped as well in most cases, and every other camp in GE is not nearly as good as Gate camp.

BUT...there is NEVER a time that a decent pulling IC/OC group will ever get less xp then a GE group. I've pulled for gate groups using 2 enchanters, and I've pulled for OC/IC groups with no enchanters, and your issue is simply mobs. A gate group will run out of mobs and the travel time starts getting rather long to keep pulling, which Velks never has far to go.

Even a ledge group in Velks is ok simply because you can grab a mob from almost anywhere and let it train back the mobs to you. GE, you have to run a country mile to get mobs after your gate area is clear.

To your original post though, there is never a time a GE camp beats an IC/OC camp unless the entire group is underleveled and has no dps.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That seems to be the entire point of this thread asking people why they don't want to join someone's group in GE.
  3. Gnothappening Augur

I still think of it as a refutation of the claims that people can't find groups and now need the exp rate to be doubled.
  4. Quik Augur

The reason I won't generally join a GE group is I would have no intentions of staying very long. The moment Velks opened I would be moving on and that wouldn't be fair to the GE group.
  5. Triconix Augur

I'd argue that based on the replies in this thread, the entire point of this thread is bashing GE rather than providing legitimate reasons why they would turn down GE vs continue doing nothing but sitting there LFG. Also, according to the replies, every single viable camp is available 100% of the time so why would anyone choose an inferior spot? (We know in reality that's usually not the case).

Again, GE isn't the greatest most enjoyable place ever. Is it better than sitting there twiddling your thumbs hoping something better comes around? You're damn right it is. I'm going to go out on a limb and bet many of the people waiting around for something better are either waiting for a significantly longer time or don't even find a group. Taking in account those hours wasted, the exp difference between GE vs the field kind of starts to tilt in favor of the dreaded GE.

I spent most of my time exping during the day in Aradune in pickup groups. Most offers were GE. So I spent a lot of time there. Did I enjoy it to my fullest? Hell no, I hate that zone. Did I accomplish what I needed? You bet your @$$ I did. And when my friends logged in after work, we usually went elsewhere.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And that goes back to my original question, why does anyone have to justify not wanting to join a group or go to a zone? From where I stand the people bashing the zone are pretty much stating why they don't want to group there.

If a question is asked about not grouping in a zone should expect people that don't like the zone to say as much.

This entire thread seems to be asking people to justify not wanting to group in or liking a zone.
  7. Triconix Augur

Again, your question is why do people have to defend themselves? Nobody does, and nobody isn't. OP wants legitimate reasons why someone would turn down an exp group. Let's remember the other alternative is doing nothing. If the point of being lfg is to get exp, why are they turning down an opportunity to gain exp to continue not getting exp? It seems pretty illogical. Stating things like "GE exp sucks" isn't really a defense. It obviously doesn't suck more than zero exp.
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Well this thread seems to be asking people to do that, not sure what the point of asking people why they won't group in the zone is besides that.
  9. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

So 0% of these people end up gaining xp elsewhere. Seems legit.
  10. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

So you've spent countless hours at both, concluded GE is better, and yet you still check velks daily before you head to GE. Seems legit.
    Quik likes this.
  11. Gnothappening Augur

I read this as 90% of the time they do X and 10% they do Y. Not 90% of people do X and 10% do Y.
  12. SunDrake Augur

I almost wonder if I am the person who got this tell, because I also turn down 100% of GE group offers. You don't have to sell me on your class composition, how much exp you've been gaining, whatever. Answer is still, respectfully, no. I'll take zero exp over joining some randos in GE any day, and do.

We'll all have our AAs come PoP. You can be particular when it comes to how you prefer to spend your time in the game. You can politely thank people for the offer, and move on. Hope that helps, OP.
  13. Quik Augur

Also I would like to menion, I get more tells to join a group when I am NOT in LFG just so people know. I don't know how many times I would get a random tell asking if I wanted a group GE/Velks/Whatever, yet when I am in LFG I rarely get any tells.
  14. Ruination Elder

If you zone into Velks and there is a group in OC you go into IC, you get a hunter, clear the entire camp and then the dogs and mobs from the spider areas, once all those spawns are down you work on whatever OC has left up.

Eventually OC leaves or has nothing to do, either outcome is fine.
  15. Baldur Augur

16. mcsleezy Elder

"incredibly false"?

Really?

Got actual numbers to back up your statement?

If you refuse GE and wait for IC/OC you are getting 0 exp.

So lets see a breakdown of actual numbers since it's "incredibly false".
  17. mcsleezy Elder

18. mcsleezy Elder

For minimal xp gains vs time invested.

Meanwhile Im steady gettin AA's easily in GE.
  19. mcsleezy Elder

Yea you are probably one of those who are LFG for hours after I offered a GE group and you refused, meanwhile the AA's are still flowing in my group.

It doesn't affect me at all.

But I love to see the actual type of people who come out to this thread to convey their utter disgust for GE for absolutely no reason.

Really is amusing.
  20. mcsleezy Elder

No one has given a single legit reason why they dont like the zone.

It's hilarious.

I'm starting to think that it's just horrible players who hate the zone for no reason.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.