LFG........Would you like to come to GE? " No thanks"

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by mcsleezy, Nov 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jubilee New Member

Just want to point out the mobs in GE are NOT undead, undead nukes were the first thing I tried on my Necro. They are actually some sort of aberrations mixed with akhevans/shades. Also GE is FAR from the best exp in Luclin era, especially if you have smite undead users in the party. Gate is at least competitive but that is only one group per instance for the rest the pulls are too long and respawns too slow, in fact if you can't get gate just roaming the East end has been by far my best xp per hour compared to taking one of the cubbies. Heck even zones like Fungal Grove can be close to a gate group it just needs to be a competent group.

GE gets all the hype because a gate camp is braindead low input almost riskless leveling you can do while watching Netflix or alt tabbing into a second game, it is not really the most efficient XP per hour for a group that is active and paying attention. In fact MANY zones can be MORE efficient with the proper group (OC/IC, an empty Fungal Grove, the before mentioned DN, any number of Kunark zones with the proper charm pet, etc.)
    Tymeless likes this.
  2. Jubilee New Member

IC/OC has a MUCH higher maximum XP per minute, assuming the proper group. I have been able to outdo GE exp in both a double Enchanter Velium hunters group as well as another group that just AE'd everything. Now to be fair both groups were largely dependent on there not being any other groups at OC or the dogs and just pulling ALL those camps mobs to us but it was MUCH faster than even the fasted GE groups I have been in, with the possible exception of this one group that was roam+AE to eliminate pull times.
  3. FranktheBank Augur

You find one. Pull them out of a terrible GE group.

The only way GE is faster is if you are terrible at making groups and/or keep wiping. If you aren't trash, there is absolutely no way OC/IC is slower.
  4. FranktheBank Augur

I would never train someone for an xp camp. I would either sit on them and outdps them, or take a nearby camp and starve them.
  5. Corydon Augur

If you can outdps them and take a nearby camp to starve them you will be the one being more starved.
  6. Thez69 Elder

he said or - you do one or the other, not both

anyway, IC/OC is better if you got a competent group. but if i play velious i end up lvling alts and by the time luclin rolls around im sick of that camp and end up messing around in ge or ssra for a different experience, if not the best experience

also getting mad at people for not wanting to come to one zone or the other and posting about it here is lame
  7. Foaming I Drank Bleach IRL Once

No one ever mentions Chardok Kennels.
  8. Triconix Augur

So much hostility on this thread. Not sure why everyone is so defensive.

Does GE suck as a zone? Yes, I'm not a fan of it. But it's undeniably easier and solid exp. It's way easier finding a camp in GE - whether it's gate or the cubbies or all of them - than it is finding IC/OC.

IC/OC, from my experience on Aradune, was virtually permacamped across all the picks. It was near impossible to get that camp unless you were lucky and split you group up among the picks to spin up a new one and ran to it quickly. Also, unless you're requiring an enc in your group at all times to charm, the exp in IC/OC is very comparable to GE. (Lest I forgot that if you require an enc all the time, you're probably covering up for your terribleness :rolleyes:)

Kennels, as mentioned above, is another solid choice, albeit a long run. Inner sanctum in AC is solid, but again, is only 1 camp that's usually always camped and there are rarely many picks of AC up to choose from. I always liked going down to seb to juggs as those were a ghost town during luclin. That exp competing very well with all the above mentioned camps. Again, the run is long and tiresome. SSRA undead is very good if you acquire it, especially if you have a class that gets bonuses against undead.

All exp camps will have their pros and cons. It's 100% possible to acknowledge the viability of the camp while simultaneously acknowledging it's downside. GE is easy, mindless, and almost always available with not the best exp out there, but pretty darn close.
    So either way, you're still a piece of... *thumbs up*
  9. Gnothappening Augur

Because they would rather sit LFG. Then come to the forums and cry about why they can't get a group and have to LFG for 456 hours a week only to not get one. At last that is the usual pattern.

Nice to see a post supporting what I have thought for a while. People who can't get groups either don't want one, are lazy, or probably aren't the type of person people want to group with.
    Triconix likes this.
  10. Triconix Augur

Exp is better than no exp. What a concept. Similar to the making a dollar is better than not making a dollar.
  11. HekkHekkHekk Augur

WRONG. Sometimes not making a dollar is better than making a dollar.
  12. Gnothappening Augur

Only if you don't want to upset your free government handouts.
  13. Gnothappening Augur

Back my original time going through EQ I would do this. I would go to lower guk and if I didn't get a group, I would maybe hit up Sol b, but not usually. I didn't like running back and forth. Some days I would log in and not really exp at all. Later on I realized that if I had spent 30 mins each day exping, even if just soloing, I would have already been 50. And this was before the LFG interface was a thing. Thing is, that is partly why I have no sympathy for the "we can't exp or get groups" crowd. Kill mobs while LFG and you will hit the level/aa cap eventually.
  14. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Glad I'm on Thornblade, never a problem getting an IC/OC camp.
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

People shouldn't have to defend themselves for not wanting to join a group/zone.
  16. uk6999 Augur

As a puller GE is probably the worst normal xp camp from Kunark -> Luclin. It is heck of boring, mobs are not stacked well, mobs get stuck in doors, clicking door after door sucks. I think people who just want a mind numbing camp so they can watch netflix or whatever enjoy the zone. I've actually had clerics who macro a pant heal and arent even at keyboard. One made it almost 2 hours on that macro before it broke and the tank died. The rest of the group figured it out and booted him when he just stood there for 10mins.
  17. Triconix Augur

Who has to defend themselves for not wanting to join a group? From what I've read, it's more like petty e-pen arguments about what zone is the mostest superiors xpz available zomg.

Pro Tip: If you don't want a particular camp, explictly write that in the LFG interface so people don't bother you with offers you don't want. The opposite is don't offer groups to people who explictly list what camps they don't want. Everybody wins. The person LFG can keep waiting around for a spot to open at the camp they want and the person looking for a spot to fill can ask someone else and not waste time.
  18. Gnothappening Augur

Really? I was told in another thread that there was a plvl guy there who trained people down, or was that exaggerated too?
  19. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

No idea, but not had any problem finding a spot open. Half the time IC or OC is open, rest of the time can hit LD at least for a bit then move. Or just go elsewhere.
  20. Gnothappening Augur

Yeah, me neither. I don't like Velks. TBH I don't like most of Velious. It is better than Luclin thematically, but the expansion just sucked for me. My favorite was always Kunark.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.