LFG........Would you like to come to GE? " No thanks"

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by mcsleezy, Nov 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sunriver Journeyman

None of the vampires in Grieg's are actually flagged as undead, btw. Pretty sure that goes for some other model types that should appear to be undead but aren't.

Basically none of the rats in DN in the rat city area are 45-48. It happens but it's quite uncommon if you're hitting the right places. Yes, occasionally the Whelp Kidnapper spawns, but he's fully slowable so not really a problem either. None of the named are 63. The regular trash do not hit harder or have more HP than GE mobs. I think you don't know DN that well, sir.

I did in fact do grinds in GE and DN when there was the 50% bonus. DN was definitely better. In GE, for most of the four hours I was there with the potion, I had as many spawns as I wanted (though sometimes I had to pull some of the lower level western mobs because of cubby groups) and pull time was low because I was crawling the camp -- though that's still more moving time than DN had. For my group composition (paladin/cleric/shaman/rogue/monk/bard), DN was 25% better based on the AA gained during a four hour period for each.

Velks is going to be better than either in the best case because of the charm options. You can even do better in Chardok if the bot groups aren't taking the good camps, though that too requires charm.

Maybe you're remembering the GE experience before they fixed the broken stacking bonuses? Like what happened with City of Mist.
  2. Snafuy New Member

You guys are going to be kicking yourselfs when you find the npc in luclin where you spent 107 plat and get an AA every 3 min
  3. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Doesn't ring a bell.
  4. mcsleezy Elder

So genius what if you aren't playing an enchanter?

I've spent countless hours at both GE gate and IC/OC and GE is faster.

It's not that I "enjoy" it, it's about getting the fastest easiest most consistent grind to get the most exp possible in time played.

Simple as that.

Yea IC/OC is more of a challenge but it's still easy.

The main problem with velks is not enough picks and perma camped.

GE you literally just walk in and start xp'n.
  5. mcsleezy Elder

So you would rather sit and wait forever for an IC/OC camp to open vs just walking into GE and getting free easy experience?

Ok then.
  6. mcsleezy Elder

Someone doesn't know how to pull GE.
    Indigo_Quarmite likes this.
  7. mcsleezy Elder

Best XP per time invested includes travel time.

By the time you get to DN, set up and start pulling, I've already waltzed into GE and got an AA or 2 done.

It's not about raw xp per kill as the only factor, time traveled, camp availability, pick amounts, ease of access all contribute.

I just think it's silly the amount of people I have seen LFG for hours and hours and they refuse to come to GE.

Meanwhile I'm gettin steady xp the entire time.
  8. mcsleezy Elder

Likely people who had bad pullers and have never had a good gate group.
  9. Umul Augur

VP trash is terrible AA exp at lvl 60 ;)
  10. Lemerian Elder

Name the zone.
  11. mcsleezy Elder

So what do you do when it's camped?

Just sit and wait for it to open, not getting xp?

Or maybe you are one of those types that train groups and take camps?
  12. mcsleezy Elder

Putting words in my mouth?

I asked for the logic to be explained why people don't want to go there, nothing more.

People can whatever they want, in fact when i ask people if they want to come to GE and they say no thanks, 90% of the time they continue to sit LFG for hours after which I have gained several AA.

The other 10% log off.

People can do whatever they want I just want a logical answer as to why they don't want to go there other than "grey walls are boring".

After a while any place gets boring especially when you are grinding hundreds of AA.
  13. Polekn Augur

Pre-nerf caller event in FG?
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The logic is that they simply don't want to join a group there when you asked, what other logic is there then that? Why do you need an explanation to why someone doesn't want to go to a zone? I am guessing the reason will different for each person you ask.
  15. Ruination Elder

I have no idea how someone could xp in IC/OC then in GE and not be able to tell the massive difference in xp.
  16. mcsleezy Elder

I just want to hear a logical explanation other then "grey walls".
  17. mcsleezy Elder

I check velks daily before going to GE.

It's perma camped.

My original claim was that GE was the fastest easiest and most accessible.

Velks may technically be faster in a perfect world, but it's never available and hard to get a group there.

Versus GE where you just zone in and start killing.
  18. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Grieg's End is a worthwhile trip. Personally not my favorite zone, but I'd go if I were LFG and got the offer.
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You seem to like the zone and others don't, honestly if many others felt the same way as you it would be similar to velks where it would be hard to find a camp. I think the reason you can just go there and start killing it is because not many people care for the zone which is why they turn you down.
  20. a_librarian Augur

The ZEM in velks is just stupid good. I have no idea why it is so high, feels like it's on par with Kedge Keep. Add the velium hunter which is the most overpowered charm pet in the 60 era plus extreme mob density and short pull paths. I have made really decent AA just two boxing lower dogs because a geared velium hunter is so OP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.