LFG........Would you like to come to GE? " No thanks"

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by mcsleezy, Nov 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcsleezy Elder

Someone please explain the logic of not wanting to come to GE?

Ok we get it, it's a boring zone with grey walls, so what?

It's the most accessible, easiest, and fastest xp available right now in luclin.
  2. Sunriver Journeyman

It's not the fastest XP available.
    Tymeless likes this.
  3. Firesyde424 Journeyman

Grieg's is like Lower Guk. Good exp, lots of people there, but after a couple weeks of it, I personally want some variety.
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Someone has to be willing to go anywhere just because they are lfg?
  5. Triconix Augur

Yes, just like the homeless guy in the alley must accept my half eaten sandwich when I offer it to him. Beggars cannot be choosers.
  6. Flexing New Member

Curious to hear what you think is during Luclin? Are people still talking about Deep?
  7. Mrjon3s Augur

Fastest EXP is IC/OC
    Tymeless likes this.
  8. FranktheBank Augur

Velk's is much better than GE.

Specifically IC/OC.
    Tymeless likes this.
  9. FranktheBank Augur

Only dogwater groups go to GE. If you think GE is good, then you enjoy dogwater.

Either go to Deep (or various other AOE spots) or grab a velium hunter charm pet, give it a wep + haste item and rip up IC/OC.

edit: If you aren't a toddler, then it better be proc daggers and tola robe. Then get a 2nd charm pet.
    Tymeless likes this.
  10. Sunriver Journeyman

Dragon Necropolis is better than GE, too. People don't go there because of the traps but it's legit.
    Tymeless likes this.
  11. Machen New Member

People don't go there because it's a ten minute run after you find someone to port you.
    Tymeless likes this.
  12. Abundant Elder

Lol this post is dripping try-hard vibes and needing catered too. Not saying those aren't more than solid or even really disagreeing to much of a degree, but every session doesn't require such serious focus per say.
    FranktheBank likes this.
  13. Sunriver Journeyman

I mean, it'd be dumb if you don't come with your own group, obviously. But if you do, it's better than GE and it's like a five minute run with a bard anyway.
  14. FranktheBank Augur

I'm curious of where the 'needing catered too' comes in?
  15. Flexing New Member

Yikes at some of these bad hot takes.

DN sucks, because you can get screwed on the spawns. Even when you don't, the mobs are a bit lower than the dark blues in GE.
    In terms of mob density with lvl 55+ mobs, I don't think anything pre PoP beats GE, you aren't going to run out of mobs in the middle area with a single group, you've got about 60 dark blues within pulling range on a low 20 minute timer. Sure deep is nice, but you need reliably 8-10 toons to actually AE without wiping now, not to mention 2 enchanters.

Just kinda wild to me to see people actually bashing GE when it was the defacto leveling spot on the last wave of servers.
  16. Lemerian Elder

Talk about bad hot takes...

GE is easy to get to and easy to kill in and the experience is solid. That's why it's so popular. That doesn't mean it's the best XP per time invested.

DN does not suck. The mob density is way better than GE and the respawns are faster. The mobs are lower level, yes, but you will be killing way more than you will in GE. Have you ever XPed in DN? I'm talking about the rat city.

Now, admittedly, it really only supports one group. However, in GE, you're not going to get as much as you want. Cubby groups constantly intrude. I'd love to see how often you're getting all 60 of those respawns.
  17. Ruination Elder

Then it doesn't matter where you go level, have fun
  18. Flexing New Member

Just gonna have to agree to disagree then, cause DN is nowhere near as efficient as GE center camp. Yes, I have leveled there quite a bit, it's great when you need velium but otherwise not worth the squeeze. You can get level 65 spawn, or even some named at 63ish, but you can also have the spawns be level 45-48.

In GE you farm in the center, and you do not get anything below 55, ever. They are also mostly undead, which are going to blow up very fast with any undead slaying groups. Not to mention a necro can charm and do just as well as an enc. Not to mention the mobs in GE hit for very little, and rather slowly whereas the rats can get you that 65 which can kinda hurt your tank at 60 and they hit fast and hard. And they are about half casters so enjoy that waiting around for them to come to camp bit while they darkness you.

I would gladly challenge anyone to a leveling grind in GE vs DN, the GE group would win handily every day. I think people calling it dog water are just too trash to know what to do in the zone.
  19. Ruination Elder

The biggest issue with GE is the mob speed, casters, doors, etc... IC/OC has none of that and all the mobs are densely packed.
    Tymeless likes this.
  20. Quik Augur

As someone who has lvled multiple toons to all lvls in all expansions...I will never enter GE again.

IC/OC is simply way better xp and faster pulls then GE.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.