Absolute best sustained 3 box for farming AAs (Mischeif)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Typhus, Nov 6, 2021.

1. Typhus Elder

Hey guys, was wondering what your input is on the absolute best 3 box there is for farming plat, AAs gear etc on Mischeif from Luclin till Live?
  2. FranktheBank Augur

3. Typhus Elder

Well I am undecided on these classes.

1. SK/SHM/MAG

2. MAG/SHM/BRD

3. SK/SHM/BRD

4. MAG/MAG/MAG

My goals are farming AAs, plat, gear through dungeon farming and open world killing of named and mobs that drop tradeskill items that sell well. I won't be able to commit to any raiding and I am fine with farming enough plat to afford previous expansion raid gear. Just going to be taking this slow compared to a hard core full time job like raiding can be.
  4. Thash Zoner

I'd suggest enchanter in a 3 box though it takes more attention to play. Bring a mage or tank, and a cleric or druid.
  5. Ruination Elder

war / shm / bard if you raid as a warrior.
    SK / shm / bard if you don't raid
    Raptorjesus5 likes this.
  6. Ruination Elder

If you can box a tank and ench this is def viable, personally the juice isn't worth the squeeze for me
  7. Typhus Elder

I like the idea of SK/shm/brd, however that setup has very low dps output as compared to the Sk/Shm/Mag. And melodying with a bard attracts a ton of aggro. I think Bard will be better later on when mercs come on board. But for now I think Mage will be better. And if The SK raids it's still nice. I do however think you War,Shm,Bard is a better sustainable longterm 3 box. Just extremely slow at killing but practically invincible.
  8. Machen New Member

Depends what era you are talking about. Since the OP is talking about going all the way to live, most of the time sk/shm/brd will outdps sk/shm/mag. Only pre-tss does the combo with the mag do better dps, and you still lose the advantages of bard pulling and mezzing and run speed.
    Raptorjesus5 likes this.
  9. Sunriver Journeyman

The server you want to play on is spelled Mischief.
  10. Mrjon3s Augur

If your gonna run an enchanter I would recommened a paladin as the tank. Those extra heals/stuns can help a lot.
  11. Ruination Elder

Warriors out dps SK's when geared with the best weapons, even moreso with a bard
  12. TLP Addict Augur

There's really no "absolute" best, so many trios can work well, all will have pros and cons, strengths and weaknesses etc.

Don't waste too much time analysing, just pick 3 that work together well that you enjoy and roll with it, you'll have to compromise no matter what.
  13. CartoTLP Journeyman

Chanter/Cleric/Mage. If you are just limited to three characters there is no better combo for non-stop killing in PoP (especially if you have access to elemental planes). Using a tank class is a complete waste in a three-box given your stated goals.
  14. Machen New Member

He didn't ask for what's best for PoP, he asked Luclin til Live. Your proposed group is decent for a lot of eras, but there are also a lot of eras where it will really struggle. His goal isn't to be the best combo for killing in the elemental planes in pop.
    Appren likes this.
  15. Machen New Member

War/Shm/Brd or SK/Shm/Bard. I'd go war if raid geared, SK if not.

You might want to substitute cleric for the shm until oow. I'd have one of each leveled up on the same account and use them situationally.
  16. Xazier Elder

Machen I doubt he is playing on Rizlona alot of your posts about what is best are tailored to using M Q 2 which is useable on Rizlona, I think he is talking about Truebox
  17. Xazier Elder

Warriors only out dps Sks on rare occasions. SKs will almost always out dps a warrior if played right. Warrior will always tank better than SK if played right
  18. Captain Video Augur

Use of that software is a bannable offense on all servers.
  19. Machen New Member

Nothing about my suggestion requires m q 2.

War/Clr/Bard is one of the easiest combos to box with no software. Same with SK/Shm/Bard. WAY easier than mage/ench/clr.
  20. Umul Augur

bard/shammy tank is Win for all expansions for all things (have a few dps friends tho).

You don't need macaroni to box 3 toons from one PC Lolol.

my goodness people...