Quitting

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kolaisa, Nov 5, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

So sorry to hear this. I hope you'll change your mind and stay, and consider pushing back on the suspension. If you are truly innocent, an investigation should prove that out.

I wish you safe travels and success in your journey - where ever that may lead. :)
    Nennius, Grove, Aenvar and 2 others like this.
  2. Allworth Elder

These forums are not a stand up comedy club. You don't need to practice your comedy routines here.
    Mims, Tatanka and Aenvar like this.
  3. Allworth Elder

I believe the original poster and take him at his word. We as the EverQuest community should rally around our brothers and sisters and defend them. Someone who has invested much of his time into EverQuest should at least be given a chance to appeal his suspension. It's a shame that a few people here seem to derive perverse sense of enjoyment from another person's pain and loss.

For a lot of people EverQuest is a big part of their lives. Let's not kick people when they are down.
    Mims, Bobokin and Aenvar like this.
  4. Randel Flag Elder

5. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I think an oft overlooked rule violation is AFK killing with pets or mercs (even for slayer achievements or old world camps). New, returning, and even some veteran players are more liable to break this rule.

If you were unaware and a first time offender, you can probably appeal through a petition (GM) or possibly a direct message to the community manager (Accendo).
  6. Bigstomp Augur

That's not that crazy.
    I'm sure there were reason's they got suspended but playing 3-4 accounts is not crazy.

I do that with alt tab to swap between them playing 3-4 (badly - basically I play 2 with some help when I have time to tab to the others) but 3-4 toons is not unreasonable even without software help.
  7. Bigstomp Augur

Not very suspicious. I often have 4 logged in, and only play one or two. The others sit in the guild hall.

I'm all for cheaters getting banned, but the count of toons is not suspicious at all.
    Wdor and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  8. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I agree about AFK farming. GMs probably measure the duration (dozens of hours) of AFK play to justify taking action. I suspect it is harder for GMs to "catch" someone while they're only on for 30 minute Lesson burn.

It may not be software. He may have just parked his boxes on a cluster of aggroable spawn points. The chars get NPC damage and lets the pets/mercs auto-aggro and do the work.

He could technically be at the keyboard streaming a show and not use third party software. It seems like a more innocuous form of AFK killing that's still technically a rule violation.
  9. Bigstomp Augur

Be cool if a game ban included a forum ban really.
    Talk to CS.
    If you cannot play EverQuest you should also not be able to play ForumQuest
    Coagagin, Wdor and Zaray like this.
  10. Celephane Augur

a lot of people lie, like A LOT. We, the regular people that post on the forums, can't do anything about this issue. BUT, we've seen a lot of liars, so jaded. When someone comes here with an age old problem like this, but only gives half the information, we often kick em, because they lie about the situation. So, don't bash us, get more information first.
    Wdor, Winnowyl and Tarvas like this.
  11. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Judging by all the cases we hear of AFKers camping a spot for days/weeks on end, I highly doubt that.
  12. Fell Augur

Aliens from Planet Zorax killed JFK too. Do you really think he'd put a confession in his grievance-whine post? :rolleyes:

Personally, I take the OP's version of events with a grain of salt, but there's a reason the AFK tag exists in game. As I type this, I have a character in game I'm not controlling. Does that mean I'm using cheat software?
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You missed my point, they claim to have 4 accounts logged in while also claim to be actively playing all 3 accounts they have logged in. Considering the lack of details in the post this is a big question for me on why they are saying 4 accounts logged in but playing 3.
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

If that was the case why would they not say they are actively playing all 4. I never said it was a "gotcha" just that there is a post with a single claim that they are actively playing but they can't get the number of accounts being played to match up to the number of accounts logged in. If they had bothered to provide more details it might not matter but in this case it was pretty much the only thing they provided.

If they can answer and explain why those numbers are different great but if not this just boils down to another case of someone coming to complain and only providing part of the story.
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

As I have said and others have said that was not about having 4 accounts on. It was asking them why they claimed to have 4 accounts on yet they stated they where playing all 3 accounts. What happened to the 4th account that was logged in?
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Correct people do that but don't you think that is an important detail for a post claiming that you are innocent of wrong doing? If you make a statement that you have 4 accounts logged in and are actively playing 3 of them but got suspended won't people wonder what you where doing with the 4th?
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And you can get suspended for things besides using cheat software. In fact you can be suspended while afk with an afk tag up if you have set your character up to do things your not supposed to such as pet/merc farm for xp.
  18. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

All of these people here acting like they always actively playing all their box accounts. Also, I’ll always side with the players not like they hire and retain a full CS staff. Rizlona had that one GM try to ban someone for bypassing Truebox rules, lol.

Staff reductions in CS are always going to lead to more mistakes.
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I don't think anyone is hung up over actively playing or not but that was the claim made in the original post. But if you really want to get picky there was no mention of what reason was included in the suspension information and you can get suspended for more things then afk play.
  20. Bobokin Augur

The OP says he wasn't using any banned software, and immediately half the posts insinuate he was. Why even reply if the OP isn't part of the premise?

I don't use external software, and boxing three accounts is a pain in the behind, so I empathize with this. If he wasn't breaking rules, which we are unsure of without further vetting, he should not have been banned.

By the way, I often go AFK out in the world to eat, answer the door, reply to emails, or just because it is 2AM and I am half asleep. There is no rule about going AFK - just against using it as a cheat.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.