Please fix Cloudy Potions

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bobokin, Nov 5, 2021.

1. Bobokin Augur

Using a Cloudy Potion for invisibility is like playing Russian Roulette. It NEVER lasts even close to how long it says on the bottle, and it is seen through too easily.

Please fix it, so it, and it's invis-undead counterpart, isn't a likely death waiting to happen.
    Allworth, Ryhme and Nennius like this.
  2. Smokezz The Bane Crew

It's just like the regular invis... it can drop - and has a message saying it's about to.

As for "seen through too easily", that's just like regular invis too. It's no different.
  3. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

For Cloudy Potions, make an audio trigger that tells you when it is about to wear off and then click another one. It is instant click and can be done while running.
    Maedhros, Salene_Luclin, Wdor and 8 others like this.
  4. Nennius Curmudgeon

And please give them some sort of minimum time. Last night I had three fail in less than 10 seconds.
    Kialya, Ryhme and Bobokin like this.
  5. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Cloudy Potion failing constantly? Working as intended.
    Qelil, Wdor and Dre. like this.
  6. Act of Valor The Newest Member

The solution to cloudy potions wearing off too quickly is to just buy more cloudy potions.
    Wdor, Dre., Fenthen and 2 others like this.
  7. Dropfast Augur

Making the audio trigger is imperative! While a small upgrade would be nice, like making them last a minimum of 5 mins would be awesome, but they are dirt cheap Invis potions that can be used by any class, at any level. You get what you pay for >< I wouldn't count on this
    Qelil likes this.
  8. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

If you literally only play EQ with a single audio trigger, it should be invis fading. The potions are working as intended and very easy to keep up indefinitely as long as you don't miss the alert when they are fading.
    Fenthen, Duder and Winnowyl like this.
  9. Celephane Augur

I'd say "fixing them" = increase stacking. 20 sucks so bad
    tmoney, Khoza, Bigstomp and 9 others like this.
  10. Fell Augur

My suggested fix is to make them cost ten times as much, and remove the ez-mode warning before the effect breaks ... as well as removing it from the spell version too.

Oh, and add quite a few more see-invis mobs to the many zones which lack them. If you want a game for six year olds, try Penguin Crossing.
    Wdor and nitrocutter like this.
  11. quakedragon Augur

Cloudy potions are from the classic EQ.
    In Classic EQ you didn't have lvl 95 perfected invisibility never fails.

If they want to fix this, it will be another tradeskill.
    Probably something along the lines of
    1 Planar Energy Source, 2 Etherene Essences, 3 Relic Fragments, 1 Indigineous Mephit Blood, and 4 Restless Velium Silks, Empty Vial
    Going price in Bazaar 5k each.
  12. Tallie Elder

Yeah, why is it that some classes can cast invisibility at will over and over, yet other classes will be drastically overpowered if invis potions stack to more than 20??? :)

I would be thrilled if they stacked to 100!
  13. Verily Tjark Augur

Just give everyone all the abilities from every class, and it will fix all the problems.

Or... git gud?
  14. Fell Augur

Easier to simply give those broken classes the ability to cast invis at will. While they're at it, they should finally admit that a tank that can't cast cheal, port, and 100% res himself is broken as well.
    Wdor likes this.
  15. Fell Augur

Didn't they do this already? Using my abilities and various clickies, I can heal, sow, charm, blur, illusion, buff, debuff, dps, invis, shrink and port.

What class am I? What does it matter?
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Or better yet give every class an invis they can use as needed.
  17. Bobokin Augur

The bottle says 20 minutes, but it usually drops at no more than five or six minutes and often less than a minute. If it is just like regular invis, that spell needs to be fixed as well.
  18. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Hard to fix it when it is designed to be random duration.
    Wdor likes this.
  19. Bobokin Augur

Someone always has to go to an extreme hyperbole as a response to a fix it post.

Most of the classes I play have invis or stealth, but the classes that do not are not fun to play when having to deal with Cloudy Potions on the way to a group camp.

Casters wouldn't be so smug if they took away perma-invis from the game, and yes, there should be perma-invis potions created with higher level recipes. That's an oversight because invis potions are part of the game.
  20. Bobokin Augur

Other than not making it random? There is no good reason to have regular invis random at this stage in the history of the game. They break with combat, so they require a new potion anyway when used properly. When regular invis and Cloudy Potions were added to the game, white and blue mobs didn't kill with five blows. there was hope for an escape. Now, it is a death sentence.