Is Overseer unbalanced?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fian, Oct 29, 2021.

1. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

There's typically only 2 research tasks available that I've seen per cycle. Also, you're pulling Level 4 tasks in a month out of your butt.

I don't know how you can post those numbers and see how people won't view Overseer as worthwhile, when they're getting only 0.5-0.83% experience per mission at 85. Sure, that sounds great at 111+, but that speaks more to the player-base acceptance of doo-doo than a rewarding system.

People come on the forums and speak hyperbolically about much experience they get from Overseer, then show its only 2.5% a day. It's just beyond terrible as a catch up mechanism. Unless, you a long term addicted player that collects the experience on alts that you have no intention of playing.
  2. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

I took alts from level 85 (heroic) to 115 during ToV. Without touching a single mob. As a giggle. Its worthwhile. You have to level it up to be more worthwhile. Almost like everything else in this character progression game. I personally prefer the tradeskill rewards. Or the collects. But pretending its trash is dumb. Especially now with auto sort, it takes no time at all. Conversions is the only thing that takes time, and you do that once every week or two at the start (and only doing a few so not long), and every month or two later.

Let me ask you, is there ANYTHING in this game you like? Because you don't seem to do anything but complain about each and every facet of this game, including core game play mechanisms which are the exact reason many people play this game over others.

Ignore overseer if you don't want to do it. Or do it and gain benefit from it. Its as simple as that. If you're level 85 you should be killing things if you want to level, not expecting the game to do it for you.
  3. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Let me ask you this do you think there's anything that can be improved about this game?
  4. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Actually, the biggest problem with overseer is they wasted all the time developing it in the first place versus making in game content. Other than that, its a nice bonus for those that want to use it.
  5. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Do you suggest things to improve the game or just complain about how things in the game don't fit your standards?
  6. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Both. I offered suggestions here make it mobile, improve the rewards, etc. Speaking from the perspective of returning player (abandoned my ToV raid Bard), and started over.

I've provided my feedback on the neglected returning player experience from 70 and on up. Hero's Journey isn't very good raid mobs, tradeskill tasks, defiant drop rates are bad, HA's are jacked up.

Good news is that there is always someone advertising PL services. The game just can't keep neglecting the path back up.

You proved the point in my post that Overseer is a great system for someone in love with EQ that claims the rewards on alts that they don't want to play.

So, how about making it a better reward structure at 85 because 0.68% isn't getting anyone to pay attention to it. Also, remove the level cap and it to TLPs.
  7. Gialana Augur

This is a small correction to some of the information given in this thread. Receiving a critical success on an Overseer quest is a nice bonus. You get at least 1 uncommon agent out of it, and for the Trade, Exploration, and Diplomacy tasks, it will double the number of collection dispenser fragments offered. However, it increases the regular experience reward by 50%. It doesn't double the experience.

For instance, a level 1 common 6-hour task offers 0.27% regular experience. If it succeeds critically, the offer goes to 0.41%. That looks like more than 50%, but it's small number and rounding.

1.5 x 0.27 = 0.405