Why am I back to checking if a new tlp is going to drop WTF.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Moforyguy12345, Nov 1, 2021.

1. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

I’m addicted to new server launches. I usually stick to Live, but a fresh TLP is so enjoyable. I don’t care about Era start as I enjoyed Miragul. People seem to be so much more open to socializing and making new friends.
    ExecutionDbl9 likes this.
  2. TLP Addict Augur

If people want to see some expansions past PoP they need to stay on a server past PoP, but most don't so we get the merry go round we have currently.
  3. HekkHekkHekk Augur

No ones addicted to Prophecy of Ro.
  4. tollo New Member

Mischief is easily in the best position of any post Phinny TLP to stand a new server launch. The fast expansion unlocks should put it in GoD and the people still there by then are there to see later content with their established guilds/friends. Plus the raids are dropping 2-5x more loot which will make the standard amount of raid drops look even more atrocious

Even if the 2022 release is an identical random loot server or a FV Loot Phinny clone Mischief will be totally fine. They can't kill it if they tried
  5. Machen New Member

Rizlona begs to disagree, and already has the track record to prove it unlike Mischief which is still speculation. Rizlona's actually been through the new server launch cycle and has higher pop today than we did a year ago.

What makes a server likely to hold population? DPG not releasing a new server with the key features that are why people chose to play on that server. If DPG releases another boxing server next year, Rizlona will take a hit, I'm sure. But if DPG releases another Mischief clone, Mischief is going to follow the same pattern that Phinigel, Mangler, etc all followed when the next identical server rolled around.
    Gremin and code-zero like this.
  6. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

If they release a Coirnav/Miragul server then everyone will be OK. :p
    I'd vote boxing mischief server. :cool:
    I could automate 4 full time traders and actually 3 or 4 box a decent team on 2 PCs.
  7. Tankkin Journeyman

Mischief boxing server would be an all time great.

It'll be interesting to see how Rizlona handles the 64bit change over if certain programs stop working for a month+ but the few times I've checked on Rizlona the population does seem to still be growing as they get into the better xpacs.
  8. aalith New Member

Rizlona growing = existing players rolling additional boxes
    oldkracow likes this.
  9. HekkHekkHekk Augur

Selos speed.
  10. Machen New Member

I'm sure there would be some guilds that would take a month off. My guild will be just fine. We are typically full raids with all mains except a few bard boxes. We aren't the only ones on the server either.
  11. Machen New Member

Maybe it's just that, but I see a lot more Tunat systemwides per week than we saw Aten Ha Ra systemwides or Vulak systemwides. There are more guilds actually doing stuff, even if some of them are big box crews.
  12. Risiko Augur

I've sadly played on almost every TLP to date, but I have to say that Mischief has its hooks in me pretty deep. The formula they came up with for this server is just insane. I am very much looking forward to the post-Planes of Power expansions this time around.
  13. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

I feel like free trade is going to help casual people a lot in the GoD through PoR era, where there was such little movement in group gear stats and weapons that you had that huge mid tier raiding culture because it had to exist. I bet with gear flowing out of raid guilds, a lot of casuals and non-raiders stick it out longer through that era.
    Skrab likes this.
  14. Kaylandra Some Dumb Druid

New TLP
    Start with Luclin, Lock at GoD, PvP, FV Ruleset, Random Loot (Not in era)
  15. Fell Augur

You'll like the next server even more then: press the DBG button, select any piece of gear from any era, and BANG! It's in your inventory.

For a slightly higher fee, you can choose your player level, AA level, and stat values. No more of that nasty exping required either.
  16. code-zero Augur

Where's the playing on this? I suppose that you think you're being clever and perhaps you are but this statement is stupid
  17. Fell Augur

It's a sign of the times and the current playerbase that you took my post seriously. The phrase "risk vs. reward" used to appear on these boards a dozen times a day or more. But with most current players believing in zero risk for infinite rewards, it's fallen somewhat out of favor.
  18. code-zero Augur

Again, what are you talking about?

Are you some sort of clairvoyant who can read the minds of players around the world and know that all "current" players want something that is patently stupid?

On live the worst examples of I can think of are some raid tanks who don't want any sort of crowd control at all and just want to pull huge numbers of mobs with a shaman patch healing and a bunch of melee DPS. Those are your "zero risk" types
  19. Fell Augur

Clairvoyance isn't necessary when those players shout, their attitude out loud. The OP of the prior thread to which I responded is case in point. He's not happy if he can't walk in perfect safety to any camp in any dungeon, no matter how cluelessly he ignores his invis-pot warning messages. Give him a no-fail invis, and he'll start whining about the few see-invis mobs not yet removed from the game. Remove those, and it'll be something else.

He's only one among many. Read the boards. Can't get all your best-in-slot gear in-era with your 4-hour/week playtime? Game is broken! Can't solo mobs originally designed to challenge a full team of six? Game is broken! Can't do open-world raid mobs whenever you want? Game is broken! Have to actually click on a quest you wish to complete, rather than select them all at once? Game broken!

The "insane formula on Mischief" the OP alludes to is a drop rate so ridiculously high that the most exclusive items in the game are available to one and all. Unfortunately, that makes them no longer exclusive. The value of a virtual item is only in what it cost you to acquire it. The OP may love the formula now -- but he'll get bored with it very quickly. He'll start advocating for even higher drop rates, even easier quests, and and even faster level and xpac progression.
  20. code-zero Augur

Oh, I see. This is basically a rant about the Mischief free trade/random drop ruleset where people aren't having fun the right way.