What new MGB would you like

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by quakedragon, Oct 29, 2021.

1. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

That Jester used to get popped in the lobby and would stay up as long as the player who popped him stayed in lobby too.

I complained a lot, even going so far as to say it was against EULA in so far as his constant spamming was harassing other players and interrupting game play both of which are not allowed. I sent screen shots of his constant jokes every 30 seconds.

Someone must have listened because 2 months ago they changed the Jesters script to only allow him to be up for 15 minutes in the Guild Lobby. Then he poofs.

I can live with that. And I am sure others are happy not to hear me complaining about him all the time anymore;)
    Aanuvane and Randomized like this.
  2. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Would be a dream come true.
    Winnowyl likes this.
  3. Randomized Augur

Flash mob!
  4. Rainlover Augur

Mass true east,south,west would make this flash mob cool too
  5. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

I'm hearing R.E.M. - Stand right now. With mental images of entire groups of people being turned in place.
  6. PhantasmaRathe Journeyman

i'd love to see the Enchanter be able to mass group buff any illusion they can memorize
  7. Kolaisa Elder

Ive been thinking for a while. I think I would like a new MGB that automatically mutes all the whiners that cant seem to play instead of just trying. In game and the forums.
  8. FranktheBank Augur

You don't get to decide this. It also does not matter what it was "intended" for. What we as players do with it decides what it's used for. Also, who cares about low levels being strong af with out of era buffs? Being low level sucks and is hard enough is eq, let them feast.
    I don't understand what you feel is "game-breaking" about this. This isn't 2001 where we have an overwhelming population on every server to choose from.
  9. OlavSkullcrusher Augur

I'm not "deciding" anything for anyone. I am expressing my opinion. Take it or leave it or argue against it, I'm fine with any of those.

Being low level only "sucks" in a couple ways, and they all have to do with the age of the game. (If being low level really sucked so bad inherently, progression servers wouldn't be popular.)

The first point you bring up yourself in terms of the server populations. On live servers, there just aren't many people in the 85-110 range, and really not many 1-85. Molo, box, or coordinate play time with whatever friends also have lower level alts. That is the reality.

Second, leveling may seem slow to some people (especially non-Heroic), but it really isn't. It just seems that way because of how far it is to 115 from lvl 1. And with defiant gear, toons will outclass even con mobs even without any higher level buffs. Once defiant is no longer that much better than was typical at the time, like when you get to 75 and can get max level buffs, it is still easy to gear up beyond what a typical casual player would have had when the content was new. And I've ran up enough alts to notice how often you'll outlevel an area well before you get through even a fraction of the content in that expansion.

Basically, there are plenty of tools to make leveling go far faster than when that content was current, which is fine. Adding in buffs from toons up to 40 levels above you just makes it ludicrously fast, if that is what you want. If people want that, fine. But I have come to think that a game should be fun without all of the short cuts (and cheating, but that's another story). If you just aren't having fun without over buffing your seventh lvl 80 alt, then maybe a different game would be more worth your time. That is where I am at, quite frankly. I played EQ to death and all of that kind of thing is just making it seem like it exists only to ease the boredom.
  10. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

[quote="OlavSkullcrusher, post: 4077039, member: 431117"Being low level only "sucks" in a couple ways, and they all have to do with the age of the game. (If being low level really sucked so bad inherently, progression servers wouldn't be popular.)[/quote]

Nah, it sucks on Live. Leveling takes forever, if you're not boxing your own crew. You have to go through a constant cycle of leveling and camping equipment to keep at least your tank geared. It eats a lot of time, and is typically devoid of any social interaction.

The game needs some love for 70-110, and going back to no buff restrictions is best for the game. Plus, it's a big quality of life for all the do-good community members willing to toss around buffs.
    FranktheBank likes this.
  11. FranktheBank Augur

You proclaimed the intention of a feature. That is not the same as expressing an opinion.

A large part of the popularity of progression servers is being max level and raiding nostalgic content.

The leveling speed is faster than that era, but it is still slow. Not 1-115, 70-85. You can no longer be carried by a merc. You are forced to gear up just to level a bit more.
    I don't know why you are advocating so hard to keep people suffering through the lower levels. If you enjoy the "challenge" of leveling without buffs, then you can choose to do that, why do others have to suffer because you are bored?

Personally, if I am leveling a character, it is only to be a box or an alt to raid with. Levels 1-114 don't matter, so get them over with. I have no problem with you choosing to lvl a 7th character slowly or choosing to do quests in certain eras. Go for it. Don't force your gameplay on me. You can block buffs if you feel that way.
    Skrab likes this.
  12. bortage spammin lifetaps

I wish I could MGB voice of thule

I also wish that voice of thule lasted 2+ hours
    Spacemonkey555 and Celephane like this.
  13. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Shamans need a focus mgb that will hit level ones. Mages need a damage shield MGB that hits level 1s.
    Skrab likes this.
  14. Nolrog Augur

Good F-ing Lord no. Mages already will spam mod rods and food. Sometimes I wind up with 6 or 8 stacks of food/water on my cursor when I step away from the keyboard for a while in the Nexus (on Thornblade). Don't give them another way to grief people.
  15. Vizier Augur

MGB Mana Rep line would be great.
  16. Bigstomp Augur

DI. Charge the emeralds for the whole raid, (they stack to 1000). Restrict it to out of combat, whatever. But make it one cast.