Early Returns on Riposte/Strikethrough Changes

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Cragzop, Oct 20, 2021.

1. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Zlandicar mission runs with Pally (tank) group. Post patch slightly longer fight 52 vs 62 seconds. Using EQ Log Parser 1.8.43

Pre-patch: Riposte damage - 11,221,324 over fight
    Bash Riposte - 428,625

Post-patch: Riposte damage - 1,477,640
    Bash Riposte - 116,276

Tanking (Bites)
    Pre-patch: 56,562 dps

Post-patch: 45,308 dps

Pretty noticeable drop in dps for pally.
  2. Stephen51 Augur

In the Bug Report Section there is a confirmed bug for Parry being broken. Do you think this is impacting on the numbers also?
  3. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

No, because I wasn't using defensive discs on Zlandicar. That's what looks borked from what I'm seeing/hearing.

I think the reduction is what the developers want ... was just trying to drive home that it will be noticeable for paladins who haven't been following the Test threads.
  4. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

So, I ran a Zlandicar mission after the system message announcement hit Live servers about the hotfix/zone repopping (which I am assuming means the fix applied to the mission I ran).

Riposte damage was up from the runs I did post-patch (but pre-hot fix). I'll need a few more runs to be more confident, but we're getting some of the riposte damage back from the hot fix.
  5. Kaeladar Journeyman

I didn't follow the test stuff I am a bit confused but zlandi seemed to do more damage for me as well, went to do zlandi yesterday (before hotfix), with my pally as tank for skin care achievement and I got surprise one-rounded a few seconds into the fight by zlandi (that was one round + 2 ripostes from him).
    I couldn't tank him anymore without a discipline active and even with discipline it was very close sometimes. I ended up not doing the achievement because I ran out of discs before the achievement could be earned.
  6. Krazzi Elder

Im still down like 50k dps, maybe more after the hotfix. Plus seems like the mob always wins the exchange. I hit them, they riposte strikethrough and i dont get to hit them back. They hit me i riposte strikethrough, then they riposte strikethrough and im still the one getting hit. Its like our strikethrough doesnt count.
    Wulfhere and Duder like this.
  7. Wulfhere Augur

Aye it's not equitable. Swing initiative is not being rewarded after all. Huge nerf to tanks.
    Szilent likes this.
  8. kyong Augur

Enough of this mob riposte strikethrough nonsense right? Revert this change. I'm a rogue btw.
  9. Riou EQResource

Nah, they should delete Riposte entirely instead
    Sancus and menown like this.
  10. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Shut your mouth you class traitor! lol
  11. Voxvixen Journeyman

I don't follow, but am curious if this changes the value of Hdex vs Hagi for tanks seeking to minimize incoming dmg. Anyone have enough understanding to answer that?
  12. Szilent Augur

it doesn't
  13. Krazzi Elder

I'd say Hagi was probably useless already. I would normally only get 1 to 3% parries and 0 to .5% dodges anyway, and that was with a 1hander and shield or 2hander out. The numbers seem to be the pretty much the same either way.

Would be better to get rid of the strikethrough and actually have your defenses work like they were made to.
  14. Krazzi Elder

.Just wondering what's the mobs chance to strikethrough? Seems like it's way way too high. I keep seeing you riposte (strikethrough).Meaning you're getting hit anyway. I almost never strikethrough, probably cause the mobs dont riposte,parry, or dodge?
  15. Wulfhere Augur

What does your log parse tell you mate?
    Daltara likes this.
  16. Krazzi Elder

When i riposted, 60% were struck through and i took a hit. I riposted 268 times and the mob got 162 strikethrough. I could see if mobs had 5% or even 10% strikethrough, but 60% is just stupid high. You're already getting hit all the times you didnt successfully defend or get missed, and now 60% of the times when you do defend, you get hit.
    Wulfhere likes this.